Halloween Ultimate Pro – PinEvent

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    joeplainfield
    Participant
      @joeplainfield

Love this table. So incredibly immersive. Thanks Terry.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Help

Michael Myers is upside down

Update to the newest 1.31 version of the table that has fixes for that.

TerryRed
          @terryred

Help Needed Again :(

I have all other pinevent tables going fine, but for some reason this new table freeze’s at this point.

What have i done wrong Terry?

Thanks

All I can tell you is make sure you have BAM updated to the latest version. You may possibly need to backup rename your BAM folder and do a clean install of BAM to start with all new files.

Also, you must download and install the latest GPU drivers yourself and manually install them (Windws 10 updates will replace them with crappy ones)

As well, be sure your Visual C++ is completely up to date for all years and both 32 bit and 64 bit.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

…and reboot.

If you still can’t get it to work, there’s nothing else I can suggest. (which is why the older 1.2 version is still available).

TerryRed
            @terryred

Awesome Terry! Great present for Halloween :). I love Michael in VR!

I changed the name of the Pup-pack to FP_PE_HALLOWEEN_ULT_BM_PRO and changed it in the script so I could keep the original version as-is, just in case :).

To to get scared stiff!!! O, no that’s another pin hahaha.

The pup-pack hasn’t changed at all for the actual video content (just a new option for 2 screen cabinet users using new FullDMD on BG).

So you can just use the same pup-pack for both versions of the table.

peteaufc
            Participant
              @peteaufc

Hi Terry, this looks amazing and can’t wait to play it  but I’m getting an issue when I load the tele- pretty sure I’ve followed all the instructions and updated BAM today too.

When I load the table (having used FPLoader) I get the following error at the top of the table – “pinball Meditation Error – Script error: Line 7056. Object required: ‘BigMyersMP’

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?!

nanuk
              Participant
                @nanuk

look like a great table but got prob i have a 2 screen setup but non of the option work with the 1.3v mike was on the table upside down now with 1.31 his just not there anymore… here is a zip file with all the snapshot of the pup i do have the latest bam (oct30) pinevent 1.4 and pup 1.45

TerryRed
                  @terryred

look like a great table but got prob i have a 2 screen setup but non of the option work with the 1.3v mike was on the table upside down now with 1.31 his just not there anymore… here is a zip file with all the snapshot of the pup i do have the latest bam (oct30) pinevent 1.4 and pup 1.45

MM isnt supposed to be on the playfield in 1.31 until you get an event that makes him appear.

To put it simply… you haven’t followed much of any of the PinEvent Install guide’s instructions for setting up your pup displays correctly… you didn’t keep PUP Stream disabled… you didn’t copy over the BAM cfg for the table… you probably didn’t disable your FP Backglass and Arcade mode for PinEvent tables only… you probably aren’t closing FP completely after exiting each time.

You didn’t specify what type of backglass monitor you are using (16×9, 4×3, 5×4, etc). That will determine what pup-pack option you use and what pupdmddrivertype you should be setting.

The information is all there in the PinEvent Install guide, and the table’s install instructions.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Hi Terry, this looks amazing and can’t wait to play it but I’m getting an issue when I load the tele- pretty sure I’ve followed all the instructions and updated BAM today too.

When I load the table (having used FPLoader) I get the following error at the top of the table – “pinball Meditation Error – Script error: Line 7056. Object required: ‘BigMyersMP’

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?!

You may need to disable Windows Defender, or run FPLoader.exe as administrator… or both. Close FP completely after exiting a table each time.

nanuk
                    Participant
                      @nanuk

MM isnt supposed to be on the playfield in 1.31 until you get an event that makes him appear.

To put it simply… you haven’t followed much of any of the PinEvent Install guide’s instructions for setting up your pup displays correctly… you didn’t keep PUP Stream disabled… you didn’t copy over the BAM cfg for the table… you probably aren’t closing FP completely after exiting each time.

You didn’t specify what type of backglass monitor you are using (16×9, 4×3, 5×4, etc). That will determine what pup-pack option you use and what pupdmddrivertype you should be setting.

The information is all there in the PinEvent Install guide, and the table’s install instructions.

i did put the cfg of the table in the cfg table for my backglass it’s  19 inch 4×3 i think.. and for the pinevent the only instruction i found was to copy the 4 vbs file in the script folder of future pinball…

note: i just played 5 games with different pup option closing FP all the time between each try still no lock and seem like no event at all get triger…

TerryRed
                        @terryred

To put it simply… you haven’t followed much of any of the PinEvent Install guide’s instructions for setting up your pup displays correctly… you didn’t keep PUP Stream disabled… you didn’t copy over the BAM cfg for the table… you probably aren’t closing FP completely after exiting each time.

i did put the cfg of the table in the cfg table for my backglass it’s 19 inch 4×3 i think.. and for the pinevent the only instruction i found was to copy the 4 vbs file in the script folder of future pinball…

note: i just played 5 games with different pup option closing FP all the time between each try still no lock and seem like no event at all get triger…

If the only instructions you read are to copy the 4 vbs files… then you did NOT read much of the install instructions and setup at all. Go back and read EVERYTHING.

You can’t “guess’ what your backglass is…. you need to “know” exactly what aspect ratio “your” monitor is. All of this info matters if you want to have a proper setup that works.

nanuk
                        Participant
                          @nanuk

hi i did disable backglass and arcade mode made sure the com plugin was chosen still no go sorry i know your table are amazing the problem is here on my hand just cant figure it out

jamosb
                          Participant
                            @jamosb

Any table media packs for this bad boy for popper?

TerryRed
                              @terryred

No updates to the table or PuP-Pack… just sad that I feel the need to add this to the download:

Disclaimer and Terms of Usage of PinEvent:

I have made PinEvent and my PinEvent tables so they can be shared and enjoyed by the entire virtual pinball community.

I have created the PinEvent vbs files / code and all my PinEvent tables / mods in a way so they will work in ALL setups. This includes desktop, vr, and ALL cabinet setups which will include 3 screen / 2 screen / real DMD, etc.

There is no need or reason to edit or mod any PinEvent table (except for custom PinEvent settings), or a need to edit the pup-packs in order to get them to work on ANY setup and have them work as intended by myself and the “correct” way.

I have no problem with anyone changing or modding my tables / pup-packs for “personal” use.

I DO NOT authorize anyone to distribute any of my PinEvent tables / mods / pup-packs or the PinEvent vbs files or code, or distribute any mod of such, for any reason on any site / group / share of any sort, unless I have given permission to do so.

You can use portions of PinEvent code (in relation to adding DOF and PUP working) on your own FP table in the table script… but do not use the PinEvent specific code on any table.

Please do not use the name PinEvent in reference to any other table or code, or in relation to adding DOF or PUP to a FP table.

If you have downloaded anything to do with PinEvent from another site or location that I have not posted myself… or are using a modded version, then you are not using proper PinEvent tables / software / pup-packs.

I will NOT give support to anything except for the PinEvent vbs files / tables / pup-packs I myself have posted on this site.

PinEvent represents my own personal work and standard that I have worked very hard to create… and also “support”.

All I ask is that you get it from the source where I have posted it. Doing so will ensure it will always work as intended with any updates to PinEvent or the tables / pup-packs I create (which are often)… as well as any changes I have made to ensure compatibility with new updates / features from BAM.

If you do download and play a PinEvent table from here… PLEASE give feedback on THIS site’s forum… and even better post videos of it in your cabinet. It’s the only way I can ever know if people enjoy what I create… or if I need to make any fixes.

Thank you.

TerryRed

clinto69
                              Participant
                                @clinto69

Quick question for this cool table. Im running a 2 screen setup using PupPack option 3 (Full DMD on Backglass), everything is working fine ie playfield, backglass overlays, the text for DMD……..BUT I am not seeing any puppack media play………….. what might cause this? Im assumimg media/movie should be playing inside the FullDMD?

clinto69
                                Participant
                                  @clinto69

@lunatechfringe Did you ever figure your table crashing issue out? I have the exact same issue you have but on my Jaws Ultimate PinEvent table.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by clinto69.
                                  TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Quick question for this cool table. Im running a 2 screen setup using PupPack option 3 (Full DMD on Backglass), everything is working fine ie playfield, backglass overlays, the text for DMD……..BUT I am not seeing any puppack media play………….. what might cause this? Im assumimg media/movie should be playing inside the FullDMD?

“Manually” disable the FP BG and Arcade mode in video settings and run without using a BAT or anything to try to disable those settings.

Then close FP and try again with those options disabled.

Chances are you either aren’t running the commands correctly to disable those settings in the registry, or Windows is restricting your BAT file because of security settings,etc.

Lunatech Fringe
                                    Participant
                                      @lunatechfringe

@lunatechfringe Did you ever figure your table crashing issue out? I have the exact same issue you have but on my Jaws Ultimate PinEvent table.

I was never able to get PuP Streams working, but I can play all of the PinEvent tables without problems.

Out of curiosity, what video card are you using?

clinto69
                                      Participant
                                        @clinto69

Terry, my Halloween Ultimate PinEvent Table does seem to be working now also.

Once again, thankyou for all your help (and patience).

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Terry, my Halloween Ultimate PinEvent Table doesnt seem to display any media. Actually this is not 100% true. I do see the police badge static screen popup during the course of games. And i once did see a brief flash of a girl on the phone.

Im using Option 3 on my 2 sceen setup.

There are a lot of voices during the game i.e The Doctor talking etc but no video.

Starwars DSA and (now) Jaws are displaying the PupPacks no problem.

Anything i can start looking at?

Sounds like its working correctly.

Halloween doesn’t have as many videos as other PuP-Packs… and certainly not for all voice overs in the game.

Be sure you are actually starting modes by hitting the 2 pumpkin bumpers then shooting into middle lane.

Hit the TEEN targets, then hit the KILL targets to start Save the Teen.

The Attract mode is timed to play the movie intro credits video in line with the pup text.

Watch this video to get an idea of gameplay and videos. Its the older pup-pack (all videos are on the FullDMD now)… but the gameplay is still the same.

…and the newer updated pup-pack shows newer videos only on the FullDMD (which also now plays on the BG for 2 screen users).

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by TerryRed.
                                          1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          junktape
                                          Participant
                                            @junktape

All my PinEvent tables are running nicely but the Big Bloody Mike edition crashes Future Pinball when it gets to the “MyersModel” portion of its bootup.   I’m thinking it may be the specs on my PC not being up to snuff, though tables like DSA ESB edition with its amazing Vader and ship models seems to work fine.

Here are my specs – when you have a chance Terry I’d appreciate any input you might have.  If nothing else I’m perfectly happy to play the previous Halloween edition and I LOVE the tables you and your collaborators have continued to put out.  I am also eternally grateful for your guides.

But if the issue is my specs I’d like to know so I can upgrade and be prepared for new tables like RETROFLAIR :P

ACPI x64 based PC

intel core i7 8809G cpu 3.10ghz

16 gb ram

Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics

Intel HD graphics 630

Thx much!

That's all folks!

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 125 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?