Hardbody (Bally 1987)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    kds70
    Participant
      @kds70

Hardbody (Bally 1987)

Thanks for this release. Is there the nvram file missing in v1.1 you´ve talked about in description ?

Do we really need this file ?

:mail:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

It depends. If you don’t care that the table doesn’t tilt before it has given you 15 warnings first, then you don’t need the nvram ;)

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

…installing tilt bob right now

VERY  fun table!!  Thanks again Tom, Matt, Thalamus, C-pez…randr helped out?  Cool.  Been having a blast experiencing this table for the first time.  Man do I suck using my magna save buttons…which is sad as I spent tons of time on Black Knight when it first came out.  But I sucked on that too.

Virtual beers for everyone involved!

evileman
          Participant
            @evileman

Another beauty… thank you Tom and everyone involved!

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Ah crap I forgot that on the new one

bigspider
              Participant
                @bigspider

Great job Tom & team. So glad we have people like you working on these.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Here is the nv ram that I gave Tom and was left out in the latest update : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g9oouf277l302q/hardbody.nv?dl=0

It should give you two tilt warnings, instead of 15. Available again with table.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Tom
                  Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

nvram file is back in the download, thanks @thalamus

Shannon
                    Participant
                      @shannon1

Great job! Keep them coming!!

roccodimarco
                      Participant
                        @roccodimarco

I finally had the chance to play this last night.  What an AWESOME table!   Great work everybody!

Tom
                        robertms
                        Participant
                          @mophead

@armyaviation @Mlager8 Wow guys, I am absolutely blown away by the quality of this recreation. You have really stepped up your game (pun intended), it is so great to witness continuous advancement of your skills with each new release. The table looks fantastic and plays great! What a fun table too, those flex flippers really give you a workout, I’m exhausted after a good game, feeling a sense of accomplishment :-) Thanks to all who have helped and contributed, great job all :good:

baalisan
                          Participant
                            @baalisan

Nice work Tom as always plus all else concerned, thanks!  :yahoo:

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

Got the real one done and playing.  Had to do a physics update to make it play more like the real thing.  Got the ball jump when hitting the bottom Station 3 targets.  Its scary on the real game, waiting for broken plastics and/or glass

3 users thanked author for this post.
                              TUTE_PRIMUS
                              Participant
                                @tute-primus

Excellent physical update of the table, butI played several games and several times the ball went down

robertms
                                Participant
                                  @mophead

Great update Tom, the new set up suits the table well. Also had the ball jump on apron as above.

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

Apron jump!!  Sweet!  D-loading now before that gets fixed.  Thanks Tom!

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

Ha ha that’s awesome.  Welcome to hardbody guys.  I had it happen to me 3 times this week alone.  Talk about realistic.  Just pull the glass down and put the ball back in play.  If you want to tweak it so it does it less then look in the changelog for instructions.  You can set that number lower.  When you hit the station 3 targets, sometimes that ball comes up and smacks the glass.  I read a post from a guru over at pinside and he was talking about how you should always put a piece of foam behind the standup targets so it doesn’t slam into the metal tab when the ball hits it.  I did that to mine and it deadened the impact.  The stock flippers though are crazy hard.  I even had a ball jump the left ramp and end up on top of the plastic in the upper left of the upper playfield, then it rolled all the way back down.

Lets have fun with it and then we can adjust it to a normal level but the rest should play very fast

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

Ok one correction.  The ball should jump up on the left plastic but should not get on the apron because it is higher than the plastic.  I corrected that in 1.3 by raising wall78 top height to 70.  If you dont want to redownload then just change that.

ins

Here is a pic of the ramp you can adjust.  The height on the second to the top point is what you can change to get more or less jump on the ball.  2.4 or 2.3 seems pretty good.  if you want less jump onto the plastic then make it 2.2 but now that the apron wall is fixed in V1.3 it should roll down and then back into play like the real table.  If you want alot of jump then 2.8 or 3.0.  I will play with it and see if we can get some glass hits!!!

Haxter
                                        Participant
                                          @haxter

Fun machine, I love the aesthetic.

Only problem I have is the ball frequently goes up and over the playfield on the left side and will end up on the apron of the machine.

E; Sorry I just noticed you addressed this.  Thanks !

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

Man you guys must be playing the hell out of it because i have to work to get it on there.

I’m gonna bump it down to 2.4 but the ball hop off the target is spot on.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?