Hardbody (Bally 1987)

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Haxter
    Participant
      @haxter

From the right flipper if you aim for that 2nd target on station 3 it is 100% guarantee you will lose your ball from ball hopping up and over the left side, in my practice.  Even on v1.3 and 2.4 height.

I’ll try messing around with it a bit too.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

it depends on ball speed at flipper too.  that is probably the highest value i would go.  maybe 2.2 might be better.  Give it a shot.  All i know is that in a couple of days of play testing when i got it going, i was able to do it multiple times.  My son also did it and my father in law and he never plays pinball so it happens frequently.

I couldnt believe it when i hit that left ramp and the damn ball flew all the way up to the top left corner.   I actually just replaced the plastic mirror side blades with real mirror pieces.  I got them cut for $7 each and the plastic ones were like $150.  Im waiting for the damn ball to fly over and hit and break one.  It already hit the left one and no damage so…fingers crossed!

roccodimarco
        Participant
          @roccodimarco

From the right flipper if you aim for that 2nd target on station 3 it is 100% guarantee you will lose your ball from ball hopping up and over the left side, in my practice. Even on v1.3 and 2.4 height.

I’ll try messing around with it a bit too.

Let me know if you find a fix. I was coming on to say the same thing. Three games in a row I lost a ball because of this. Other than that, this game is a beauty! I played the original and then the new version and the new version is by far way better.

I love the effect of the ball coming up off the pf. Great stuff!

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

Just lower that number and it should still come off the pf but not get onto the plastic

Haxter
            Participant
              @haxter

I’ve set the height down to 2 on the ramp you recommended adjusting.  After 10 or so games of just relentlessly smashing the same targets I found the ball only went above the playfield once by some crazy fluke, and I didn’t even lose my ball!  You still get a bit of hop, but absolutely won’t be smashing the glass anytime soon with this setting.

Thanks for the help Tom and great work!    :-)

sheltemke
              Participant
                @sheltemke

Hardbody Update. What? i Didn’t thought it’s neceserry.

That means 2 thing:

-The First version were already amazing (i played a lot compared to other tables).

-You still can improve the perfect to more perfect…. B-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Tom
                Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

Check out my flasher dome mod that i did to the real table.  The sling plastics were broken so i am making new ones with the scans from the VPX table.  I had some flasher domes left over from my own build so i made new sling plastics with the domes in them.  I moved the flasher bulb and base from under the table to the top of the table.  Sorry for the crappy video but they look amazing.  The only Hardbody with flasher domes in it.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

I like ! :good:

kds70
                    Participant
                      @kds70

Thanks for this update … perfect :heart:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Thanks Man :good: – could we get the Flasher Mod too ? ;-)

marie
                        Participant
                          @marie

Thanks Tom, looks and plays very nice!! :good:

BTW @STAT Does your B2S for this table also get an update?

digable
                          Participant
                            @digable

awesome job on this table.  I have a stuck ball issue, take a look at the link:  https://ibb.co/Fw0r5rh

its in between the quads and hams targets.

thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?