Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    st3ph3n
    Participant
      @st3ph3n

I would like to “3rd” this request for a simple score only option for Pin2DMD or other real DMDs. Some of the graphics/video/animations are replicated OK in the low resolution of a DMD, but the words are nearly impossible to read.

I made a small solution / text resizing for my pin2dmd. Maybe Scott will intregrate it in his way …

Btw it´s not sooo bright as it looks in the picture.

P1100801

Can you share how you did that? That would be a nice option to have!

kds70
      Participant
        @kds70

Ok, i´ve made a “fast quick & dirty” solution for me, but try out:

Following lines / changes are for pin2dmd users only:

line 56:

turnondmd = 1 ‘ 0 = off, 1=regular dmd size 2 = double tall size // this now uses pinup. No ultradmd anymore

line 69 to 76:

‘**************************
        ‘ PinUp Player USER Config
        dim usePuPDMD : usePuPDMD=true ‘ set to false to not use PuPDMD for a DMD (different that BG scoring)
        dim PuPDMDDriverType: PuPDMDDriverType=1 ‘ 0=LCD DMD, 1=RealDMD 2=FULLDMD (large/High LCD)
        dim useRealDMDScale : useRealDMDScale=0 ‘ 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling. Choose which one you prefer.
        dim useDMDVideos : useDMDVideos=true ‘ true or false to use DMD splash videos.
        Dim pGameName : pGameName=”hpgof” ‘pupvideos foldername, probably set to cGameName in realworld

be sure not to use realdmd scaling. if u do that u will get no borderd text and text is only white (hard to see).

and now main changes at line 1795:

‘Page 4 (2 Line Gameplay DMD)
        PuPlayer.LabelNew pDMD,”Splash4a”,dmddef,18,16777215,0,1,0,0,20,4,0
        PuPlayer.LabelNew pDMD,”Splash4b”,dmddef,18,16777215,0,1,2,0,70,4,0

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

3 users thanked author for this post.
        st3ph3n
        Participant
          @st3ph3n

Thanks! I’ll give that a go when I get home later today.

kds70
          Participant
            @kds70

Ok, these settings can be fine tuned anyway. Had no time to test more settings; but it´s ok for me and my pin2dmd.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

nickbuol
            Participant
              @nickbuol

Ok, i´ve made a “fast quick & dirty” solution for me, but try out:

Following lines / changes are for pin2dmd users only:

line 56:

turnondmd = 1 ‘ 0 = off, 1=regular dmd size 2 = double tall size // this now uses pinup. No ultradmd anymore

line 69 to 76:

‘ PinUp Player USER Config

dim usePuPDMD : usePuPDMD=true ‘ set to false to not use PuPDMD for a DMD (different that BG scoring)

dim PuPDMDDriverType: PuPDMDDriverType=1 ‘ 0=LCD DMD, 1=RealDMD 2=FULLDMD (large/High LCD)

dim useRealDMDScale : useRealDMDScale=0 ‘ 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling. Choose which one you prefer.

dim useDMDVideos : useDMDVideos=true ‘ true or false to use DMD splash videos.

Dim pGameName : pGameName=”hpgof” ‘pupvideos foldername, probably set to cGameName in realworld

be sure not to use realdmd scaling. if u do that u will get no borderd text and text is only white (hard to see).

I had all of the same settings at the top that you did…

For some reason, my code is slightly different for the PuPlayer lines at the end of your list.

The “20” and “70” seem to adjust the location from the top of the DMD that they display.

I changed my numbers after dmddef in those lines from 10 and 13 (I THINK that is what they were, yours are showing as 18) to 30, and then put the 20 that you have in red to 10 and the 70 in red on your list to 80.

Still not great, but a lot better for me.
              Would be nice if there was more spacing between the letters too.

Here is what mine currently are.  Note that I did NOT manually change from the “16777215” shown above to what I have of “2697513”

Again, the spot with the “30” below seems to be font size.  The “10” and “80” seem to be top to bottom position.

PuPlayer.LabelNew pDMD,”Splash4a”,dmddef,30,2697513,0,1,0,0,10,4,0

Also, last note, this was from a fresh download of v 52 just before trying these changes.
              PuPlayer.LabelNew pDMD,”Splash4b”,dmddef,30,2697513,0,1,2,0,80,4,0

The syntax for these is in the script:

labelNew <screen#>, <Labelname>, <fontName>,<size%>,<colour>,<rotation>,<xalign>,<yalign>,<xpos>,<ypos>,<PageNum>,<visible>

I wonder if there is a better, more “real DMD friendly” font that could be used too.

BrandonLaw
              Participant
                @brandonlaw

I have a PinDMDv3 and mine does not strech out that nice.(It does get bigger a bit)  Hmmm…anyone else w/ a PinDMDv3 getting similar results to KDS’s solution?

"Fuck this game. I love it."

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

It is everybody using the same version  — hpgf-052-DOF.vpx

This is mine before any changes
                  PuPlayer.LabelNew pDMD,"Splash4a",dmddef,13,2697513,0,1,0,0,30,4,0
                  PuPlayer.LabelNew pDMD,"Splash4b",dmddef,10,2697513,0,1,2,0,55,4,0

nickbuol
                  Participant
                    @nickbuol

Yup.  Latest hpgf-052-DOF.vpx here…

kds70
                    Participant
                      @kds70

Forgot to explain:

16777215 is the color font color white – you need to change this too. Sorry.

I´ve marked some other changes to red there too that i forgot …

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      nickbuol
                      Participant
                        @nickbuol

Forgot to explain:

16777215 is the color font color white – you need to change this too. Sorry.

I´ve marked some other changes to red there too that i forgot …

Thanks.

Yeah, the syntax was right in the script..

labelNew <screen#>, <Labelname>, <fontName>,<size%>,<colour>,<rotation>,<xalign>,<yalign>,<xpos>,<ypos>,<PageNum>,<visible>

I just missed it.

That color change using your numbers made a WORLD of difference.  I do wonder if there is a more “real DMD friendly” font choice too…  Hmmm..

knightrider
                        Participant
                          @knightrdrx

I was going to ask how to fix the tiny scrunched up letters as you try to enter your  initials on He-Man and Jaws for a PINDMD3. Is this a solution?

LynnInDenver
                          Participant
                            @lynnindenver

The “18” is the Size position, and I believe it’s percentage based. So yes, it should be a good spot to tweak for MOTU and Jaws.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

st3ph3n
                            Participant
                              @st3ph3n

Thanks for your solution to this, kds70 – worked great on my cab.

IMG_2684

Scottywic
                              Participant
                                @scottywic

Yeah sorry for the delays and glad you guys are finding solutions, the dmd fixes for real dmds was coming in .53 but glad you’re getting it done on your own as well as n.53 is still a ways away

Jopp
                                Participant
                                  @joppnl

First of all: what a masterpiece, thank you Scotty bringing it to us!

Now, I played it a couple of times but I can not complete a game as it should due to ball-losses, as far as I can see and tested within multiball.

So, today I played and started Golden Egg MB.

Everything  looked fine until I only got one ball left.

Golden Egg MB did not stop but the mode continued and I could shoot the ramps for jackpots over and over.

As I let the ball drain what I expected happened: the game returned into normal playing mode as there was 1 ball left on the PF (which just drained) so that was end-of-story.

An other problem (other game) occurred during  lake MB:
                                  while having at least 1 ball on the PF (can’t remember if there was more then 1) the game went into game-over status: the playfield lights did show like the attract mode and also the BG was showing attract mode however, when a shot was made and a PuP-trigger activated that video appeared on the BG.
                                  This all went on until I let the ball drain.

So …I hope _one day_  these problems for this beautiful table will be solved….

My favorite pinball machine?
                                  Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

elvinu
                                  Participant
                                    @elvinu

Did the minigame actually score for you and give you a total score ? I have never had issues with it playing, it has never transferred the score show in game to the total score for me when the game is over.

I just played it again (single screen user launching thru pinupmenu).  Unfortunately, the game remained behind the playfield (guess the recent fix wasn’t permanent for me after all).

At any rate, I used the flippers regardless and I heard things getting destroyed.  At the end, it did show a score of a couple million which did get added to my score correctly.

darkslide40
                                    Participant
                                      @darkslide40

For me ,

same issues with minigame, it has never transferred the score show in game to the total score for me when the game is over.

minigame .exe work good and files unlocked before unzip and Pinupplayer last version…

bietekwiet
                                      Participant
                                        @bietekwiet

I thought I really liked this table and I thought it was my favorite

….but now I like it 5 times more!

I just installed a “Poor Man’s DOF kit” (exciters+amp) and I am swept away by how much more I am sucked into this game.

Fantastic sounds , fantastic vibrations (and I haven’t even installed the bass shaker puck (in the mail).

A ball lock now gives me literally goose bumps :).

I instantly quadrupled my high score to highest on-line  score  of today: 192 million!

Unbelievable what a difference tactile feedback makes.

Thanks ScottyWic and TerryRed (who did DOF I imagine?), what a great community that we can play these amazing sophisticated games.

nickbuol
                                        Participant
                                          @nickbuol

I just installed a “Poor Man’s DOF kit” (exciters+amp) and I am swept away by how much more I am sucked into this game.

Now you just need to not call it “Poor Man’s DOF” LOL.

It has been called SSF  (Surround Sound Feedback) for a couple of years and as you mentioned it add SO much to the gameplay.  There is nothing “Poor Man” about it.  :-) :-) :-)   It is good stuff and since HP GOF was built from the ground up, you are right that it is implemented AMAZINGLY well with this table.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          bietekwiet
                                          Participant
                                            @bietekwiet

Mine is a bit of a  “Poor Man’s solution” as I don’t have a 5.1 or 7.1 card. Just 2 exciters in my pincab for now and the audio split in VPX.

The roll sound/vibration of the ball together with the feedback of the flippers gives the feeling of the “weight” of the ball. I know it is technically illusion, but it does improve my “feel” for the table by quite a lot.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?