Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    topper-2k
    Participant
      @topper-2k

Really amazing table! My wife is a big Harry Potter fan. Thanks for giving her a reason to play my cabinet! ;)

topper-2k
      Participant
        @topper-2k

I think I’ve got this table mostly working in my cab, but there’s a part of the documentation I don’t understand.

On the description on this page the last bullet is:

• if not using a PUPDMD or Topper, be sure those options are DISABLED in the pup-pack and the table script!

I’m not using a Topper and have it disabled in the PinUpSystem. What does it mean to disable it in the pup-pack? How do I do that?

Also, I see PUPDMD in the table script, but where in the script would I disable the topper?

Thanks.

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

That may be some left over from info from a older game but with the puppack editor you can turn off the topper with the PinUpPackEditor.exe

Oldschool4
          Participant
            @oldschool4

I recommend do not use admin on any pinball related software

Actually had a couple running as Admin,unchecked those,restarted,no change  :scratch:

tonybobo
            Participant
              @tonybobo

I am trying to go full 16:9 dmd on my third screen, I went into the scriptsonly file in the pup folder but its blank, so I cant do that or the orbital info… where am I going wrong? I swear I read the instructions, otherwise beautiful work here

outhere
                @outhere

Did you set it for a FULLDMD in the table script?

tonybobo
                Participant
                  @tonybobo

i think its right… heres a snip

Attachments:
                  outhere
                    @outhere

i think its right… heres a snip

Ok try this – http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    tonybobo
                    Participant
                      @tonybobo

yup that all looks good, ugh so confused. He Man MOTU has the full dmd no issue, this table has the topper and the dmd displayed on it but ive seen pics where the middle screen is full, I really feel like im missing something obvious

outhere
                        @outhere

Use the PinUpPackEditor.exe and turn the topper off

tonybobo
                        Participant
                          @tonybobo

ah ok looks like i have no screen 5 on this table, like i do on the pinevent tables that work. also tried to click on pupdmdcontrol.exe and it said dmddevice.dll was not found. strange though because halloween, jaws, MOTU, and that retro whatever table are all using it apparently. I was going to try to reinstall pupdmd, but i have no idea where i got it in the first place lol. any of this make any sense to you? thank you so much for your help

Oldschool4
                          Participant
                            @oldschool4

I’m loving this table, the gameplay and the visual effects are great. The only things that’s driving me nuts is that the backglass display keeps on going black randomly. As far as I can determine, it looks like the PinballX Backglass display (which is set to hide) randomly pops up and displays over the Pinup displays.

I’m running the latest version of everything in a 2 screen setup with real DMD, having made the recommended modifications in the script for a Pin2DMD setup… which seems to work fine. Just the backglass going randomly black is driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

Ive had this for a while also, my Pinballx backglass set to show, to show video recording in attract mode cuts in an out during gameplay,if its set to off the other cuts in an out, :scratch: Only happens with this table.

SOLVED;  Disabled pupdmd in table script and pack editor, so no display on pin2dmd, works fine thru pinballx. :good:

charlieshakur
                            Participant
                              @charlieshakur

i cant seem to get the full dmd ether what screen is used in pinup i only get the slim dmd driving me mad lol just got my third screen so gagin to try it

knightware
                              Participant
                                @knightware

What an amazing table! Thank you for sharing it. Seriously one of the best around

MattInOz
                                Participant
                                  @mattinoz

Downloaded this table a few days ago. Wow, what an amazing effort by an amazing team. Well done guys and thanks so much. :yahoo:

Mlager8
                                  Participant
                                    @mlager8

ah ok looks like i have no screen 5 on this table, like i do on the pinevent tables that work. also tried to click on pupdmdcontrol.exe and it said dmddevice.dll was not found. strange though because halloween, jaws, MOTU, and that retro whatever table are all using it apparently. I was going to try to reinstall pupdmd, but i have no idea where i got it in the first place lol. any of this make any sense to you? thank you so much for your help

What @outhere suggested worked perfectly for me to get use of my 3rd screen:

“Ok try this – http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout”

I copied the pinupplayer.ini (though in my case the ini extensions wasn’t visible) and literally just switched the headings. I renamed [INFO] to [INFO1] and [INFO1] to [INFO] as on my system those are my dmd and topper. I then pasted the pinupplayer.ini file into the hpgof folder in my pupvideos folder.

It’s basically just telling your system that your dmd is your topper and your topper is your dmd just for this one game.

Mlager8
                                    Participant
                                      @mlager8

Having an issue with the mini-game. I know I’ve had it working properly before, but now whenever I activate the minigame it gets stuck behind the backglass, I can alt-tab to it but then the flippers don’t work. It’s been a while since I played harry potter so not sure what changes I could have made since then.

Also I tried dropping in the minigame fix again to the pupvideos folder but it didn’t change anything.

Anyone know what I could have changed?

*Edit*

after reading through a bunch of comments I see I’m not even close to the only one with this issue, I’m assuming it’s still unresolved

Gramps
                                      Participant
                                        @gramps

I’m pretty much new to all this so first of all, I want to thank you for all you did to explain installation, signing up and configuring a table for Orbital Scoreboard and editing the script.  I definitely leaned some new things. And everything worked perfectly on my desktop setup.  BEAUTIFUL !  Thank you!

Mlager8
                                        Participant
                                          @mlager8

After futzing around a bunch I got the mini game working properly, I know it wont be the most popular solution but for me it worked.

I have popper launch as admin, then I went into the minigame folder inside pupvideos and set both minigame exe’s to run as administrator as well. Now it launches, closes, and add’s the score properly.

outhere
                                            @outhere

After futzing around a bunch I got the mini game working properly, I know it wont be the most popular solution but for me it worked.
                                            I have popper launch as admin, then I went into the minigame folder inside pupvideos and set both minigame exe’s to run as administrator as well. Now it launches, closes, and add’s the score properly.

Glad you found a solution
                                            What starts the minigame so I can do some testing

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?