Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 15 posts - 341 through 355 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    jgirkin
    Participant
      @jgirkin

My Favorite pinball table!  Can’t wait for Pizza Time.  Man, your table design/rule sets are incredible.

PEandS1Ws
      Participant
        @peands1ws

Hi @scottywic

Download media dropbox link is no longer working.

pixelpiklz
        Participant
          @pixel

thanks for the dropbox pup link fix! its downloading again ! :) :bye: :yahoo:

bigrob3773
          Participant
            @bigrob3773

Running on a single screen desktop, with Pinup 1.4.5.  The table pops up but there is not lights or motion on the table.  I can hear the ball moving, poppers going, and flippers but nothing is visiable on the table.  There is also no lights looks likes its just a picture of the table.  All the other screens work fine.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

jrockrat
            Participant
              @jrockrat

I just discovered this table. When I go to download the puppack what I get is only 2.4GB instead of 2.86GB that the file on dropbox says it is. I’ve downloaded it twice with the same results.

When I go to unzip I get an “unexpected end of data” and Data error hpgof\videoscences\gobletoffire.mp4.

Any ideas? Is it no big deal?

Jack
              Participant
                @breikers

I love this great table! Only have one smal issue. The ball size seems really smal compared to other tables like pizzatime for example. Any ideas?

tligu
                Participant
                  @tligu

Hi All
                  Is it just me or does is the link not working anymore

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8lkchs0haqomkw/hpgof46.zip?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR1a8OTma-eGIdpEfJPENGts55-sg2OMOZG02l6d6e1DC3QU9dPPL8QM-ps)

Tligu

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Seems to download here.

murb
                    Participant
                      @murb

***SOLVED****I’ll post solution in case it can help others, but probably obvious to non-noobs.

I have my default PinUpPlayer.ini file set up with Apron/Full DMD to “Show Always (on)”, and DMD to “Off (disable)” since I am using a full screen 16:9 DMD on most tables for framed DMD displays.   Even setting the Harry Potter table script to use full DMD was never going to work because my “DMD” was off in my PinUpPlayer.ini.

Solution was to make a custom PinUpPlayer.ini file for this table that has the Apron/Full DMD set to “off” and the DMD to “on”.  Drop that custom .ini file into the hpgof PupVideos folder.  Good to go!

Instructions from NailBuster (THANKS!) are here: https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

Awesome table.  Thanks again Scottywic!!!!

Original Problem with no DMD showing on HP&GOF table:

**Update – still lost, but maybe getting closer:**  Appreciate any help:

I have a 3 screen cabinet setup with a full screen 16:9 LCD display for my DMD, but do not get anything on the DMD panel for this table.  The DMD seems to be fine on other PinUp games (MOTU, Guardians).  My table script settings are copied below.

I did turn off “Force exclusive  Fullscreen Mode” in VP and found that the scroll was showing on my table (upper right corner).

I looked at each page of this forum, and was able to change my PinUpPlayer.ini for this table to make the topper show on my full screen DMD.  Is that the right way to set this up, or should there be a separate DMD display?

Where should the scroll be displayed (backglass or DMD)?  ?Would appreciate any guidance on getting it off my table playfield and onto the proper screen?

This is an amazingly beautiful game.  I appreciate the help in getting it to work in it’s full glory!  I am new to this community, but this and Stranger Things make Scottywic a VP legend IMHO.  Thank you for sharing your talent with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dim usePuPDMD : usePuPDMD=true ‘ set to false to not use PuPDMD for a DMD (different that BG scoring)
                      dim PuPDMDDriverType: PuPDMDDriverType=2 ‘ 0=LCD DMD, 1=RealDMD 2=FULLDMD (large/High LCD)
                      dim useRealDMDScale : useRealDMDScale=0 ‘ 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling. Choose which one you prefer.
                      dim useDMDVideos : useDMDVideos=true ‘ true or false to use DMD splash videos.
                      Dim pGameName : pGameName=”hpgof” ‘pupvideos foldername, probably set to cGameName in realworl

Original post (I was incorrect in thinking the scroll was supposed to be the entire DMD display):  Hi. Another noob question as I add PinUP player enhancements to my games. Thank you for this amazing table and Pup Pack.  Quite stunning.
                      My Question: For Harry Potter and GF, my PupDMD video shows up on my table field. I have a 3 screen set up with full screen 16:9 lcd dmd. I can drag the dmd video from the play field to the dmd screen but it is the wrong size and doesn’t stay there. Table script settings:
                      Use PupDMD-true. PupDMDDRIVER type=2 (full dmd)
                      RealDMD=O
                      Use DMD videos = true
                      I’ve tried several options but am flailing. Any help would be appreciated. Awesome table and pup pack!!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by murb. Reason: update
                      • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by murb. Reason: solved
                      • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by murb.
                      murb
                      Participant
                        @murb

Thanks for this advice.  It allowed me to put the topper video on my full screen DMD.
                        Now my issue is the scroll is hidden under my table.  I can see it if I disable “force full screen” in the VP video settings.  Did you experience that? If so any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks again!

ZMonet
                        Participant
                          @zmonet

Would changing the music files impact game play?  I changed out some of the songs by putting in different songs and renaming them the same as the songs I was swapping out.  When I play the game though it makes it so that in special scoring modes the ball keeps getting sent back so I can rack up an infinite score.  Does the table use the songs as markers for pinball events?

centauri61032
                          Participant
                            @centauri61032

Fabulous game! Thanks!!

karlichon
                            Participant
                              @karlonstre

Hello, Your work looks like amazing !

Updated my cab hardware recently to be able to run fine all marvelous VPX works done since 2017.

This table and Stranger Things one was at top of my wish list… unfortunately i’m not able to dl the dropbox link PUP Packs with the same issue with both tables.

Dl ends for both at 1,6 go and the files are not complete, error end of archive missing when trying to open.

If Someone could reupload them both please ? thanks a lot.

Friffy1
                              Participant
                                @friffy1

Still one of my favorite tables.  I enjoy playing it regularly.  SO much to do!

But I need help here…  Hoping somebody can tell me what I’m missing…

I saw that one can have fullscreen DMD (rather than DMD/Topper).  I’ve set that in the script.  As a matter of fact, I always had it set that way in the script and thought the result was expected.  But then I came across a video the other day showing actual fullscreen DMD and I realized that it was possible to have that.  So really what I want is Full Backglass and Fullscreen DMD.  It seems that’s possible, but I must be missing something.

Thanks for any help!

karlichon
                                Participant
                                  @karlonstre

Update,

Tried to download PUP  pack at work and no issue at all… so for me it’s resolved.

I presume the issue is between dropbox and my home internet, probably my limited bandwith is not supported by dropbox.

Viewing 15 posts - 341 through 355 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?