Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    wweaver51577
    Participant
      @wweaver51577

Thank you so much for this table but when I downloaded I didnt see the pup pack. Is this a separate file?

Bergkiwi
      Participant
        @bergkiwi

What a great work. Truely a masterpiece of art! Can’t express my admiration. This so far beyond what I expected from an original… Thanks a lot!!!

Bergkiwi
        Participant
          @bergkiwi

Thank you so much for this table but when I downloaded I didnt see the pup pack. Is this a separate file?

Yes, you’ll find a link under “Installation”!

MydknyteStyrm
          Participant
            @mydknytestyrm

Excellent work ScottyWic! And thanks TerryRed for the amazing DOF. I have a bug list and questions.

The Table

Once I finish a game, the DMD repeats the parchment and doesn’t go back to Demo mode. I turned off the Orbital Scoreboard to give your server a break.
            the Moaning Myrtle video is much quieter than the others for the Wand Lock.
            When I hit the Potion Cauldron, it seems that the ball gets caught in the bottom where the wall pops up and doesn’t spin with the base for at least two seconds. I don’t know if I miss out on spins with the counter up top though.
            The TriWizard Lake Multiball goes off during the Unforgivable Curses when I hit the left ramp. It then proceeds to cancel the Curse game and go right to multibal with two balls. The timer then runs out but the mode stays lit that way as well as the video playing. Once the balls drain I lose the music for the rest of the game. During the multiball I also lose sounds from the dragon. When I restart a game after Ball 3, the music is still gone. I close out of the table and when I try to load it up again (without restarting VPX) I get a Fatal Error concerning shader compilation failed. I have to close out of VPX and restart clean.

Not a bug, but rather a request to add some sort of sound when the ball is ejected from the MiniGame scoop or hits the GOBLET letters. It just seems a little quiet for the ball to strike something and no feedback is heard.

also, for TerryRed, when the cauldron spins, what was the intention for the DOF to fire? My Sainsmart relay buzzes like hell but I didn’t notice anything like my shaker or such going off. Just curious.

Thanks again for such great work and devotion and building an amazing community of pinballers. Happy to be a part of it!

jdsabin1
            Participant
              @jdsabin1

This is truly an unbelievable work of art for the visual pinball scene. Just phenomenal. When I load the table from VPX it plays fantastic on the cab. When I load it from PinballX, none of the controls work. That wasn’t the case with the .49 version (running .51 now). Latest everything including PinballX, VPX, pup, etc. Windows 10 64 bit OS. I do have Orbital disabled at the moment. Thanks for any tips.

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

Excellent work ScottyWic! And thanks TerryRed for the amazing DOF. I have a bug list and questions.
                The Table
                Once I finish a game, the DMD repeats the parchment and doesn’t go back to Demo mode. I turned off the Orbital Scoreboard to give your server a break.
                the Moaning Myrtle video is much quieter than the others for the Wand Lock.
                When I hit the Potion Cauldron, it seems that the ball gets caught in the bottom where the wall pops up and doesn’t spin with the base for at least two seconds. I don’t know if I miss out on spins with the counter up top though.
                The TriWizard Lake Multiball goes off during the Unforgivable Curses when I hit the left ramp. It then proceeds to cancel the Curse game and go right to multibal with two balls. The timer then runs out but the mode stays lit that way as well as the video playing. Once the balls drain I lose the music for the rest of the game. During the multiball I also lose sounds from the dragon. When I restart a game after Ball 3, the music is still gone. I close out of the table and when I try to load it up again (without restarting VPX) I get a Fatal Error concerning shader compilation failed. I have to close out of VPX and restart clean.
                Not a bug, but rather a request to add some sort of sound when the ball is ejected from the MiniGame scoop or hits the GOBLET letters. It just seems a little quiet for the ball to strike something and no feedback is heard.
                also, for TerryRed, when the cauldron spins, what was the intention for the DOF to fire? My Sainsmart relay buzzes like hell but I didn’t notice anything like my shaker or such going off. Just curious.
                Thanks again for such great work and devotion and building an amazing community of pinballers. Happy to be a part of it!

For the DOF that’s downside not running a PWM signal
                Something like this
                https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=42657#entry433088
                or this
                https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43173&hl=
                Try this
                Go on the DOF website Look up the game and on the right side remove it from the shaker line Or set the I30 to I48

st3ph3n
                Participant
                  @st3ph3n

Is orbital pin required?

Nope, not if you don’t care about online leaderboards.

Friffy1
                  Participant
                    @friffy1

Wow.  Thanks for this.  The version you pre-released in December is what I’ve been playing for the past few weeks and it quickly became one of my absolute favorite tables.  The table itself is just great.  But the way you use PuP videos as actually part of the gameplay is brilliant.  I hope that kind of thing is the future of original VP tables going forward!

Just amazing work.  Great job to all involved with the development!

jwill
                    Participant
                      @jwill

My son just started watching the movies two weeks ago.  When I showed him this table he was so excited.  We have been playing for hours and loving it!   Thank you for the many hours of hard work spent on this amazing table.

balilolo
                      Participant
                        @balilolo

now with 0.52 version, lot of my issues are gone, only parchment is empty sometimes

????????

BrandonLaw
                        Participant
                          @brandonlaw

I have spent entirely too much time on trying to get a shadow on the eye.  Seems elegant enough.  Maybe Scott will see this :rose:

EyeShadow

"Fuck this game. I love it."

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Axilla
                          Participant
                            @subdisturb

First off, I wanted to say thanks to Scott and all involved in this masterpiece!  You’re really moving the VP scene forward and beyond anywhere I thought this could go.

The online Orbital Pin Scoreboard is a really cool idea.  Maybe I’m alone on this, but I no longer keep my cab online.  It’s active on my LAN, but I prohibit access to WAN.  I haven’t had a chance to do a deep dive in the script, but is there an IP/URL that I could punch a hole in my firewall to allow the cab make the necessary API calls?

Everyone in my household is super competitive and we’d love to see how we’re stacking up against the community.

Thanks again for all the hard work and such a beautiful table!

bietekwiet
                            Participant
                              @bietekwiet

Hi Scottywic,

0.52 has a lot of improvements! Congrats. I am still amazed with this table.

One bug that “bugs” me lol:

– I am on PUPDMD 4:1 LCD DMD (option 0 in the pupdmddriver settings in the table script) and while the content shows up perfectly (video etc…), the text on the paper with messages is not appearing in about 70 percent of the cases. Or perhaps it is showing but not in focus. So I at  times don’t have a clue what I entered.

Screenshot:( I have a 4:3 screen (1280 X 1024) for which I assigned a top portion as backglass (16:9 ratio) and a bottom portion assigned as DMD (4:1 ratio):

IMG_20200212_215332

Besides the bug, I was able to get 55 million, yaaaaay ! :)

Keep it up! Music is working really well for me in this version.

EDIT: IT IS USER ERROR: I log it below so others can benefit :

I switched “TurnonDMD” option to 0 in the script  and most messages now appear. The first “paper” that appears (should I say scroll?) at start up is still empty, but most (all?) others are now appearing with text. (I previously had TurnonDMD set to 2 (double height) so all scroll text which goes over 2 lines could not be brought on screen?).

These are my script settings/options:

script settings

Rastan350
                              Participant
                                @rastan350

Thanks Scotty,

Sounds like a lot of great changes in .52. Gone for the next couple of days so can’t try it :( By the time Friday hits you will probably be on .55 :).

2 suggestions I thought about when playing last night.

1. Allow us to skip the video sequences like we could in Stanger Things.

2. Not sure if this is just real DMD, but can you have the text that displays in front of the scroll be white or some other color or maybe a different font? It is totally unreadable in its current state. I tried toggling between scale 0 and 1 and didn’t seem to change much. Maybe I have something wrong? Anyone else know what I am talking about here?

Thanks again for the great table. I believe you have a Patreon right?

Scottywic
                                Participant
                                  @scottywic

First off, I wanted to say thanks to Scott and all involved in this masterpiece! You’re really moving the VP scene forward and beyond anywhere I thought this could go.

The online Orbital Pin Scoreboard is a really cool idea. Maybe I’m alone on this, but I no longer keep my cab online. It’s active on my LAN, but I prohibit access to WAN. I haven’t had a chance to do a deep dive in the script, but is there an IP/URL that I could punch a hole in my firewall to allow the cab make the necessary API calls?

Everyone in my household is super competitive and we’d love to see how we’re stacking up against the community.

You can try

Scottywic
                                  Participant
                                    @scottywic

I have spent entirely too much time on trying to get a shadow on the eye. Seems elegant enough. Maybe Scott will see this :rose:

EyeShadow

What all was changed here ? I mean it looks great and that gif is amazing. But what all was updated. I’d be happy to integrate.

Scottywic
                                    Participant
                                      @scottywic

This is truly an unbelievable work of art for the visual pinball scene. Just phenomenal. When I load the table from VPX it plays fantastic on the cab. When I load it from PinballX, none of the controls work. That wasn’t the case with the .49 version (running .51 now). Latest everything including PinballX, VPX, pup, etc. Windows 10 64 bit OS. I do have Orbital disabled at the moment. Thanks for any tips.

Search for force focus help.

Axilla
                                      Participant
                                        @subdisturb

First off, I wanted to say thanks to Scott and all involved in this masterpiece! You’re really moving the VP scene forward and beyond anywhere I thought this could go.

The online Orbital Pin Scoreboard is a really cool idea. Maybe I’m alone on this, but I no longer keep my cab online. It’s active on my LAN, but I prohibit access to WAN. I haven’t had a chance to do a deep dive in the script, but is there an IP/URL that I could punch a hole in my firewall to allow the cab make the necessary API calls?

You can try

Awesome, thanks!  I’ll give it a go when I get off work.  Thanks again for everything you do!

stvpin
                                        Participant
                                          @stvpin

You can try

Awesome, thanks! I’ll give it a go when I get off work. Thanks again for everything you do!

Then find the hostname in the script and replace with the IP.  Or make an entry in your hosts file since a name lookup probably is unavailable if you’re so locked down…

edit:   I’ve hostfiled to 100 since that’s what I get when I ping the name.  Looks like 118 should work too, they’re accepting on a range of IPS and the embedded url key tells it where to go.    I added this to my hosts file since my cab is similarly internet-crippled on purpose.   It works fine.

82.208.14.100     hook.integromat.com

DGPG35
                                          Participant
                                            @dgpg35

.52 definitely feels like progress, just keeps getting better.

Thank You !

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?