Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    lonchaney
    Participant
    @lonchaney

Hello, first, thanks A LOT for this incredible masterpiece, I love it. I’m not into Harry Potter, but anyway, I cannot stop playing this great table. :P So again, a big thank you! My only problem is I cannot close pinupplayer in PinballY, only on this table (Transformer, Tron, Jaws, etc work perfectly.). I even tried the kill script from MJR and then I get an invalid pointer error. No problem when I use only VPX. I tried 0.49 and 0.50, with and without realDMD, with and without DOF. When I used 0.39, however, everything was fine about the exit to PinballY.

Still have this problem with the 0.52. Someone would have an idea to try?

knightrider
    Participant
    @knightrdrx

finally over the flu so I can check this out. my defender is ‘snoozed’ so I don’t think I can add a folder to exclude…I don’t think I need to/? thanks in advance for the work put in

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

Hello, first, thanks A LOT for this incredible masterpiece, I love it. I’m not into Harry Potter, but anyway, I cannot stop playing this great table. :P So again, a big thank you! My only problem is I cannot close pinupplayer in PinballY, only on this table (Transformer, Tron, Jaws, etc work perfectly.). I even tried the kill script from MJR and then I get an invalid pointer error. No problem when I use only VPX. I tried 0.49 and 0.50, with and without realDMD, with and without DOF. When I used 0.39, however, everything was fine about the exit to PinballY.

Be absolutely sure you are using the latest pupb2s driver. Depending on when / how you installed pup you may not have it.

Go here to get it:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupb2s_patch&s%5B%5D=pupb2s

If after installing that (be sure files are not blocked!!!) and a reboot, you still have the same problem….then that is a PBY issue with whatever method is being used to close out VPX.

dieman
    Participant
    @dieman

Probably the best game I have now. Thanks for creating and sharing it. But when the mini game comes up I can’t make Harry spin or thrust using flippers. I can make him spin and thrust on windows explorer using the W and S key on my keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.

problem solved:  I must not have had the download file unblocked. I thought I did but sh*t happens.

legin
    Participant
    @legin

Thanks Scottywic and everybody else who contributed to this amazing table.

ScottyC
    Participant
    @scottyc

For 8 toy solenoids… you would be better off just making 2 combos. One for your Middle Left and back Left solenoids, and another for middle right and rear right solenoids.

This way ALL tables with 10 solenoids will work the same as if they supported 8 (since it combines the solenoids)… and you won’t need to worry about tables not having 8 solenoids support (since it’s an old standard now), but they do have 10 solenoid support (the current standard).

Is this the kind of combo you’re talkin about Terry? (Sorry still a newb at this DOF stuff.)

screenshot.338

lonchaney
    Participant
    @lonchaney

Be absolutely sure you are using the latest pupb2s driver. Depending on when / how you installed pup you may not have it.

Go here to get it:

If after installing that (be sure files are not blocked!!!) and a reboot, you still have the same problem….then that is a PBY issue with whatever method is being used to close out VPX.

Hi, Terry. Thanks for your reply. :)  Well I swear I downloaded this file two days ago and it didn’t change a-ny-thing, but I downloaded it again after reading your message, replaced the one I already had (same size, 209 ko) and it’s magic… tadam, Harry Potter now close without any problem! Woot! Woot!

BUT NOW the puppacks for Transformers, Tron, Jaws and Master of Universe don’t work at all anymore… :P
    I checked the task manager and no pinupdisplay nor pinuplayer when I play these tables…
    It still works for Stranger Things and Leprechaun King however, can play and close perfectly. I’m lost.

hworths1545
    Participant
    @hworths1545

Place the following commands in the PinballY ‘Run after’ options for Visual PinballX:

Run after (1): taskkill /T /IM PinUpPlayer.exe

Run after (2): taskkill /T /IM PinUpDisplay.exe

This should close any PinUp Player or Display windows when exiting a PinballY table.

Capp
    Participant
    @capp

For 8 toy solenoids… you would be better off just making 2 combos. One for your Middle Left and back Left solenoids, and another for middle right and rear right solenoids.

This way ALL tables with 10 solenoids will work the same as if they supported 8 (since it combines the solenoids)… and you won’t need to worry about tables not having 8 solenoids support (since it’s an old standard now), but they do have 10 solenoid support (the current standard).

Is this the kind of combo you’re talkin about Terry? (Sorry still a newb at this DOF stuff.)

screenshot.338

@ScottyC
      i used this and it works

combined

1 user thanked author for this post.
    nmcguire211
    Participant
    @nmcguire211

Absolutely killer table and (scottywic/others) you are all amazing for doing what you do!

elvinu
    Participant
    @elvinu

I tried the following: i the PinUpPackEditor I changed the ForcePop to ForceOn for the game…this caused focus to work once, but didn’t repeat on the next time I started the minigame.

Single screen user: Anyone have any luck playing the Asteroids mini-game when the table is launched thru PinUpMenu?

As with “He Who Launghs . . .”, I get the mini-game only once when I launch the table by double clicking the *.vpx file and when ForcePop is set to ForceOn for the game.  Thanks for that suggestion He Who Laughs.

Similarly, on a subsequent game, I won’t get the asteroids mini-game.  It’ll go behind the playfield.

Hoping someone has a pup setting (or other fix for single screen users that launch thru PinUpMenu) that’ll always make the mini-game stay on top.

TIA

jdc78
    Participant
    @jdc78

Amazing stuff <3

RYSr (Rich)
    Participant
    @rysr

BUT NOW the puppacks for Transformers, Tron, Jaws and Master of Universe don’t work at all anymore… :P I checked the task manager and no pinupdisplay nor pinuplayer when I play these tables… It still works for Stranger Things and Leprechaun King however, can play and close perfectly. I’m lost.

I had the same issue.

I had  not used Pinupplayer since I had some file corruption on my Hard drive. I thought I had restored everything. I updated to Pupplayer 1.4.4 so I would have the latest ( I don’t use DOF). Harry Potter table ran fine with sound and backglass and videos. But when I tried some older tables Tron and Avatar I had no pupplayer output at all. Turned out that My plugins folder in my tables directory was gone. I recreated it and made the link back to pinupsystem B2s folder and now everything is working again..

Oh by the way.. This table is fantastic, Well done!!

st3ph3n
    Participant
    @st3ph3n

Anyone having problems with 0.51 not sending or retrieving scores from orbitalpin? I haven’t tried any of the prior versions. I signed up on Orbitalpin and configured the script with my username, api key, and initials but after a game all of the scores just show as 0 with no names.

Thanks to Scottywic for all of his amazing work on this table though, it plays beautifully.

FYI I figured out my problem here, in case anyone else has a similar one. I use a PiHole on my network to block ads via DNS, and it was blocking the domain that Orbital scoreboard uses to communicate for some reason, so I had to whitelist hook.integromat.com, then everything started to work right away.

Ashram56
    Participant
    @ashram56

Good morning/evening,

Superb table, I enjoy playing it very much.

Just two points I would welcome to clarify:

• I don’t have any ball rolling sound, is this expected (SSF setup) ?
    • I can’t configure my Pin2DMD to display only the score, it displays video animations which do not look that good on a DMD (but that might be a design choice, ie DMD content is designed for a real LCD ?)

Best regards

st3ph3n
    Participant
    @st3ph3n

I have the same issue – the videos work on the Pin2DMD but look terrible because of the low resolution and limited color depth. It’d be nice if this table had an option like the stranger things one where you can just have it show a simple score and any text messages on the DMD. I can see that some text sometimes appears over the videos in the pin2dmd but I can’t read it.

If I disable the Pin2DMD in the script and just let it put those videos on my backglass screen they look fine, but I don’t have the real estate for them there – just 1 playfield screen, 1 backglass, and  the pin2dmd in my setup.

lonchaney
    Participant
    @lonchaney

Place the following commands in the PinballY ‘Run after’ options for Visual PinballX:

Run after (1): taskkill /T /IM PinUpPlayer.exe

Run after (2): taskkill /T /IM PinUpDisplay.exe

This should close any PinUp Player or Display windows when exiting a PinballY table.

Thanks for your help, but I then get a com server warning and nothing is closing.

I had the same issue.

I had not used Pinupplayer since I had some file corruption on my Hard drive. I thought I had restored everything. I updated to Pupplayer 1.4.4 so I would have the latest ( I don’t use DOF). Harry Potter table ran fine with sound and backglass and videos. But when I tried some older tables Tron and Avatar I had no pupplayer output at all. Turned out that My plugins folder in my tables directory was gone. I recreated it and made the link back to pinupsystem B2s folder and now everything is working again..

Oh by the way.. This table is fantastic, Well done!!

Thanks for your help too, but everything was fine with my plugins folder.

Go here to get it:

Terry, I finally found a solution to my problem! And you won’t believe it, I just added a good old “Sub Table1_Exit():Controller.Stop:End Sub” to the Harry Potter script and now everything works perfectly! :)

Shamous
    Participant
    @shamous

Thank you Scotty!  Im a true Potterhead, now I’m a PotterPinhead as well.  You have the most amazing talent for making these tables.  Your tables are by far my favorite on my cab.  Hail to the Master!!  I love the Orbitscorbaord as well, cool idea.  Thanks for all who had a hand in producing this work of art.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bietekwiet
    Participant
    @bietekwiet

(version 0.52)

I made an earlier post on the messages on the scroll in the PupDMD that are supposed to show up but don’t.

I figured it was user error and I changed the script settings appropriately. It got better, however, there are still issues:

* at times  the scroll paper pops up but no text on it

* at times there is no scroll paper but the text appears on the PupDMD animation (hard to read as the letters are dark with out the needed paper underneath).

The texts on the scrolls that always appear correctly are the messages on the ball ready to launch, drained, etc.. but all mode messages are hit and miss.

Love the table though!

pinking00
    Participant
    @pinking00

Hello,

with version .52 the pupDMD-video is still running even if i disable it in the script.
    In attract mode no video is running, but after starting the game the video on the DMD is running.
    Need a solution to disable the pupDMD-dispay at all.

btw: very nice table

pinking

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 348 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW