Haunted House (Gottlieb 1982)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
      @wrd1972
      MembervipContributor

I figured as much. Hopefully when development continues we can hold this up as an example of what we’d like to see happen natively with kicker physics. It is a glaring chink in the armor currently.

Totally agree. I cringe nearly every single time I get a ball in the saucer. In my opinion, this is far and away the most un-natural visual in VP. Even when I took the cab to a show, most folks stated the exact same thing.

So even what was done on HH, is all a bunch of hacks, to make it look like that. Hopefully they can do something with the actual saucer objects, so all tables will inherit the goodness of it.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

That and the target bank issue, was playing the real pinball pool yesterday and had the ball sweep down the drops and take out 5 of them, no way that would happen in vp without a lot of weird custom script hacks.

Oh yeah, my Flight2000 would be very, very happy with target sweeps. There’s even a scoring event associated with sweeping the spinner target bank.

cyberpez
        Participant
          @cyberpez

Thanks everyone!  Been excited to share the table for a while.

Actually, the saucer was nothing to fancy.  The main playfield is a primitive with all the holes cut into it with a wall Bellow to catch the ball if needed.  Trigger to activate the switch and a change in vel to kick the ball back out.  Took a bit of trial and error to get the ball going the right direction… But the whole setup was fairly simple.

2 users thanked author for this post.
          vogliadicane
          Participant
            @vogliadicane

Cool release, did some side by side comparison to the beta, great progress. I love all the options :yes: Thanks a lot.

legin
            Participant
              @legin

After about 2 or 3 minutes playing I get an error message and the table stops.

kds70
              Participant
                @kds70

After about 2 or 3 minutes playing I get an error message and the table stops.

Are you using VPX 10.5 ?

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

legin
                Participant
                  @legin

Yes I am using 10.5.  Updated today

VpinMame is Sambuild3.2 rev r4639.  I noticed there is a new Vpinmame, maybe I should try that

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

Did you use the all-in-one install of vp10.5 and ensure you backup/ delete all the .vbs files outside of the script folder (ie. No .vbs in tables folder).  Only the script folder should contain vbs files

legin
                    Participant
                      @legin

Did you use the all-in-one install of vp10.5 and ensure you backup/ delete all the .vbs files outside of the script folder (ie. No .vbs in tables folder). Only the script folder should contain vbs files

I used the all in one installer when I installed 10.4.  I just used the VP10.5 stand alone to upgrade.

All scripts are in the script folder.

Sliderpoint
                      Participant
                        @sliderpoint
                        MemberContributor

Hey CP,

Just wanted to drop a note to say what a nice job you did!  Looks and plays greats.  Really dig the lower PF lighting!

-Mike

Shannon
                        Participant
                          @shannon1

Beautiful table. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work that goes into these tables.

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

Thanks Cyberpez for doing this.

This really takes me back. This is one of the first tables I ever played. I remember being blown away that there were 3 playfield levels. Heavy……

Winterpooch
                            Participant
                              @winterpooch

Just reporting a couple bugs found by players on this awesome game that we are playing in an online tourney here: https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/99715-VPGL12-Game-7-HAUNTED-HOUSE

1 – Ball gets stuck in Cellar kickout/capture and game can’t continue. can’t tilt the ball out, and there doesn’t seem to be a ball search facility to release the ball on a time out.

2 – ball gets stuck just before Left hand cellar flipper sometimes, see pic

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

I’m sure that if you can make a screenshot of the problem – it would help to resolve the issue.

cyberpez
                                Participant
                                  @cyberpez

Weird, (ball stuck)  I’ve definitely not seen that before, I wonder how it even got in there?  Must have jumped up and over the rubber?  I can add some walls around there to hopefully prevent that.

As for a ball not getting kicked back up and out of the Cellar?  also not see that…  Its all rom controlled so if the switch is switched it should just keep trying to kick it up and out?  maybe it was stuck somewhere else?

Seems I’m sitting on a 1.1 update..  who knows whats in it.  RL has been kicking my butt for 6 months.  I have updates for all my tables that just need a bit more playtime to sign off on.  Even have a new one I just need to say its good enough.  Probably here soon as things are finally slowing down.  In the bit of free time I’ve had, I’ve been holding up Javier’s KK..  I think it will be worth it though ;-)

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

@cyberpez : ah, I was on the brink to ask you about the KK. You can’t post your work in a table thread and don’t expect to be noticed ;-)

cyberpez
                                    Participant
                                      @cyberpez

@thalamus  Only noticed by the people looking.  ;-)   Ramp decals kinda snowballed into ramps, into…..

thewool
                                      Participant
                                        @thewool

Hi all – amazing table!!!

I’m also getting the ball stuck in the cellar. Looking at the screenshot at the top of this thread, it’s looks to be on the left above the drop targets.

Cheers!

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

I’ve not noticed this but only played this table a few times on vp10.6… have you change the POV at all?

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

cyberpez
                                          Participant
                                            @cyberpez

Does your guys version have these walls?

Capture

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?