Hauntfreaks Tribute

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    robertms
    Participant
      @mophead

FB crowd, what a joke, they all grew up receiving medals for participation, bunch of c u next Tuesdays..

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

So I’m not missing much not being in any of these Facebook groups huh? Or actually maybe I’m missing out on all the fun!  :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

robertms
        Participant
          @mophead

and Terry even tho your cab is like a calliope and a one-man-band all rolled into one….

That’s some funny shit, I almost peed my pants. How can you not love this guy??

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

So I’m not missing much not being in any of these Facebook groups huh? Or actually maybe I’m missing out on all the fun! :wacko:

the best function of the FB group/s is that when something new is released from any of the main VP sites its pretty much linked with in minutes not seconds after it was posted ,…this goes for tables, b2s, wheels, color rom stuff, dll’s , whatever….
            But (and this is where i hurt feeling) there lots of repetitive questions (yes even worse than the forums)
            two best parts that were spawned from the FB VP groups was the intensive FAQ’s and the VP spreadsheet… those two thing alone should have people asking almost no questions at all…  but it doesn’t, there is lots of handholding wanted on the FB groups (yes even more then the forums)
            so are “you” missing anything…. nah i dont think so…

there is also an overwhelming gross negligence of self promoting “VP parts” resellers on the FB VP Groups….
            you know the ol’ I’ll label it as “for pincabs” when its just more hubbled together parts from other things and called it “for pincabs” at 4x the price….
            but I’m working making sure people know the don’t “need” to fall into those types of traps (if they dont want to)
            and soon there will be a place specifically for the DIY minded folks , that will double as a place that points out the charlatan’s in the community…

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

I didn’t even know there was a facebook group… lol.  I killed my facebook several months ago.  Sounds like I wasn’t missing much.

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

Believe it or not… I’m kind of boring in terms of, I don’t drink,smoke,do funky plant stuff,etc…  shocker, I know.  ;)

….but to reaffirm what Bryan says about me…

My daughter is as sensitive as they come….but she says to me in conversation “Thank you so much Dad for raising me the way did when you constantly Razz us (bust our balls) and always tell us this is a Dad’s way of getting us ready for the world. You were so right. The other “adults” we work with can’t even take a joke and crumble at everything”.

She’s as naive, and clueless about the real world (sometimes) as they come (as anyone who is 19 usually is), but she’s more “mature” then people twice her age apparently.

vogliadicane
                Participant
                  @vogliadicane

great tribute video and Haunt definitely deserves it, so a big thanks also from me. :yes:

For the issue on VPA I can’t beleive it, I also read and posted in this discussion and I think it is totally ridiculous to create an issue from what was happening there. And anybody with a some empathy knows after reading two or three posts from haut, that it might sound crude, but it isn’t at all. My god it is straight speaking so what the hell is wrong with that?

Since Lalylow left his own group, which was sad as hell to watch, I felt this group became more and more a cheap parody of what it once was. I stayed in, why? I think because of some kind of loyality I felt for Laylow and because it was the first VP group on fb, so some kind of sick nostalgia. But I think that’s bs nowadays and I’ll leave it. I was anyways only annoyed by all the redundant stuff in my timeline from them lol so, bye bye :bye:

ozg
                  Participant
                    @netweight

Needs some Haunt Photoshop touch up.

Attachments:
                    randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

What I don’t get is why you cannot read posts or even view any of these groups without joining? Not even a preview! makes no sense I mean I get it if you want to post or whatever you need to be a member but just to view seems like that’s the first problem.

@Ozg you making that pin? Lol

for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw
                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Needs some Haunt Photoshop touch up.

There he is!  Missed  your posts man.  A different kind of crude that always makes me laugh.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Mark70
                        Participant
                          @mark70

Here comes another thanks to Hauntfreaks.

And isn’t Randr’s thumb :good: here ten times better than the fb crap?

Dustin
                          Participant
                            @fwiler

Another thumbs up for Hauntfreaks!  Love your work.    :good:

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

You guys have option to great groups here too you know! Can be private or public or whatever it’s just like Facebook groups really. Look under your profile or avatar icon “groups’

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

Although FB groups bring in a more casual crowd (and therefore less techie I think and therefore need more handholding), the drama issue has NOTHING to do with Facebook.  with 17 long years of virtual pinball drama experience, I can vouch for this.  With any passionate group of people, you’ll always have some cliques that form and personalities that clash.   If people could just be happy with responding “ok” (or not responding at all) rather then be offended. Nothing we type is usually personal in nature but people always take it as a personal affront when someone disagrees with them. Oh well.

Randr:  I agree, not sure why FB groups have to be set up so inclusive, but it’s the way it is I guess because of spamming?

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

You guys have option to great groups here too you know! Can be private or public or whatever it’s just like Facebook groups really. Look under your profile or avatar icon “groups’

The solution is not more inclusion/exclusion man

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Solution I think is getting a generation back that was raised properly perhaps? Like a generation that understands… no your not intitled to everything and sorry but the truth may actually hurt!  :good:

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

Tis’ true, however I think when I was a kid, that generation had their own problems too.  Anything different from their way of life was usually met with disdain and contempt.   a good middle ground would be awesome: respect for others opinion, but with a pair to be able to still express your own.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Btw the “tribute” thing was a reference to the best hbo series tenacious d! Loved that series but a shame was stopped

showing my age… I recorded all episodes on vhs

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks randr. So fun seeing that one again !

freneticamnesic
                                            @freneticamnesic
                                            vipModeratorMember

TIL randr likes tenacious d

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?