Help diagnosing bad video files that kill VLC…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cameron
    Participant
      @cameron

Hi there,

I am wondering if anybody has figured out a way to figure out what video files can take out VLC? Now that I have Playfield, BG, DMD, and Topper for all my tables, if I leave the machine running, eventually something will kill off VLC and I’m left only with the Arc wheel.

I look at the PuP log file and it doesn’t seem to know of any errors or issues. Any ideas as to how I can find the culprits. Pretty sure I have more than one.

Wanted to bring my machine into work for people to give it a try, but need it to stay up and running for days if at all possible.

Thanks!

Cameron

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

just what the doctor ordered :)

try this out as i added a media test to doctor recently:  http://www.nailbuster.com/pupupdatesv14/PopperDoctor_v1_4_2_debug.zip

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Cameron
        Participant
          @cameron

Nice! I’ll give it a try. Thanks!!!!!!!

Cameron
          Participant
            @cameron

Well the thing runs through all of my images,but doesn’t give any error…. I wonder if it is one of the video files?

I am liking this PopperTesting application though! Has come in handy for other items…

Any other suggestions to capture when or what was happening when VLC craps out in popper?

Thanks!

Cameron

Cameron
            Participant
              @cameron

OK I’m dumb… I didnt’ see at first the test all videos… That is running now. Let’s see if that comes up with something!

Cameron
              Participant
                @cameron

OK those went through as well and VLC didn’t die… I wonder if there is some kind of VLC logging somewhere?

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

if your only prob is with attract mode, then check these things

your sleep settings… perhaps hdd/monitor/ports is sleeping and causing windows to fubar positions and stuff

make sure you’re on latest pinup files….

other than that you should be able to run attract for many many days in a row with no probs….

Cameron
                  Participant
                    @cameron

Yeah I have the latest pinup files. It was running for days without problem until I added a bunch more tables to my collection :D

Def. don’t have the system sleeping at all. I almost wonder now if there is some video or combination of videos that lead to some kind of VLC memory leak that over time crashes VLC. PuP can be in attract mode for a few to quite a few hours before crashing. I did an experiment with the time it stays on a table for attract mode (doubled it to I think 90 seconds). It then ran almost 24 hours before crashing.

It looks like VLC has some kind of debug logging capability. I’m going to research that a bit to see if there is a way to find out when it crashes.

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?