This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thalamus 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     stampedem 
    Participant

I’ve been working on getting my SSF done via the Rob method.

I have the backbox speakers and sub working fine.  The exciters, 2 front and 2 rear, however, are not sounding.  No noise from them.

Is there some part of the VPX software that needs to be ticked or enabled to get teh exciters to function?

In VPX, under preferences>audio options I have the 7.1 multi-channel radio button selected.  I have the general and backglass Sound Devices pointing to my 7.1 sound card.  The sound card has the amps plugged in correctly (front exciters to rear channel, back exciters to side, and BG/Sub to front).

So… what else is there to get basic SSF functionality?  I’m stumped.

Thank you for your help!

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Honestly. It sounds like you’ve done it correct. Try to switch output to default driver. Hard to say what the problem might be.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     stampedem 
    Participant

Rob responded to a post of the SSF Facebook group basically saying the same thing. He asked if I had Windows set up correctly for 7.1 sound.  I think I do, but I need to get back home tonight and look at it and report what my current configuration is.  I was thinking it was a windows issue not VPX at this point.  But I just can’t pinpoint where the fault is.  So, stay tuned!  Thanks for your response Thalamus.

stampedem 
    Participant

Well Thalamus, I think I’ve narrowed it down a bit.  Testing suggests that 1) all the exciters mechanically function and give sound; 2) I only get audio from the front (rear channel) exciters if I plug into that amp either the front or side RCA cables leading from the sound card, and 3) the back (side channel) exciters play both the front(rear) and back(side) audio when trying to operate the whole thing as a normal 7.1 cab. Does any of that make sense? Basically, without question, the back(side) exciters are stealing the front(rear) exciters sound, in addition to playing their own channel.  So I have the partial stereo sound, just not from the front of the cab because the back exciters are stealing those sounds as well as playing their own. Any idea what could be going on?

stampedem 
    Participant

Well, figured it out. Long story short: the sound card’s (from china) native software was set to 6 speaker, not 7.1. The software was sitting open minimized in the tray and I never knew it even existed. When I noticed it, I changed it to 7.1 and there it goes. Sorry for all the trouble.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Just starting reading the update and then you posted this update. Happy for you.  Now the real fun begins. ( @randr )

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account