Help with aspect ratio

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    doogie
    Participant
      @doogie

I have had a two screen+real dmd setup for quite some time now, but I recently started experimenting with an additional screen as a topper.  I like to keep the original aspect ratio of content as much as possible (yes, I have a specific .res and .pov for every table so the b2s backglass and playfield will look correct, i’m particular like that), and since not all the PuP-Packs use the same aspect ratio for the toppers, I am taking advantage of the feature added in v1.4.4 to use a custom pinupplayer.ini file for each pack.  So what I am doing is, for any screens configured for the topper in each puppack, I set the fitToWindow=0, and the AspectWide and AspectHigh to match the ratio of the topper content.  In general this approach seems to be working, except for two issues:

1. The settings seem to only apply to videos; images are still stretched to fill the window.  Is this a bug?
      2. I can do the same setup in the PinUpMenu, however this means all the toppers are displayed using that one aspect ratio (except for images, due to issue #1), but of course the available media comes in various sizes.  So rather than to trying to resize a large portion of the topper media, I was hoping there would be an easier way to achieve this.  Would it be possible to add a feature that would automatically fit to the width of the screen, and adjust the height based on aspect ratio of the source material?
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?