Hi All… I'm the FSS guy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    arconovum
    Participant
      @nicholaschristopher
      MemberContributor

So I’m from VPF, and I made some agreements with some authors to post here if I modded their work, so here I am. For some reason I’m having a hard ime posting here, so I will just post text then maybe I can edit it… Some of you may know me from the images, I can only post 4 of them, but I have more, Like: Cactus Canyon, Fireball 1, Gilligan’s Island, Metallica, South Park, Spiderman (stern) , Star Trek Next Gen, Super mario, The Walking Dead, Twilight Zone, World Poker Tour.

I don’t know what the modding rules are here if any, so I will post these and if anyone sees any problems with that let me know.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Rules here are same as everywhere. Permission to mod is needed. Glad to see you found vpinball site!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

Welcome.

Permission to mod required and sources require credits same as vpf.

3dcreation

arconovum
          Participant
            @nicholaschristopher
            MemberContributor

So I have posted the first collection of FSS tables here in this WIP collection page that will change over time:http://vpinball.com/bb_collection/fss-full-single-screen/

I have 70 completed of 100+ in the works of these types of FSS table mods that I will post in batches over time. As this is not a new career plan for me, my time is scarce as I am giving this effort everything I have to get it done ASAP, this meaning; I will post more when I have the time to do so.

This FSS mod work is almost as complicated as doing a table itself , resources researched and collected , new script must be created, backglass graphics must be photoshoped, existing tables must be modified and some times even completed or repaired,  then the whole must be tweeked over and over, and then tested again and again, before release. Initially the vpinball exe had to be modified (now integrated into the official code base) to permit this mod to work. So I hope you enjoy these tables as much as I will, when I’m done, to actually have the time to enjoy them for myself!

Arco. B-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
            randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Nicely done. I may add collections to themed look of projects so we can appreciate and comment on them if ok with you

for IOS and Android

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Actually here is link to “collections” on site

Collections

for IOS and Android

arconovum
                Participant
                  @nicholaschristopher
                  MemberContributor

I know it’s not the place to ask but how do you edit a pre-existing collection? I have searched high and low but can’t find any edit button and I cannot find how one edits a collection.

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

Do you mean what’s under Table, Collection Manager?

I wanted to mention also that although I think this is pretty cool work your doing, I think you are doing the em versions of tables like Joker Poker a slight disservice.  Different playfield and different rules, and there is an updated em version of my Joker Poker table here on vpinball that you are free to use.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I agree that for desktop I really like the view! And to make into the beta so quick I’m sure this will only improve and can users will also benefit

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

ok… so I only just found out what FSS means…. Rascal has been doing this for years… in VP9

oh and you can make a FSS out of my Whoa-Nellie, thats fine with me…

heres a video rascal did 3yrs ago… and a topper!!….lol

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Yea rascal did start the idea I have his versions  :good:

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

arconovum
                          Participant
                            @nicholaschristopher
                            MemberContributor

Yes rascal did with 9 what I was hoping he would have done with 10, loved his stuff, but I really don’t blame him for not re starting from zero… its a lot of work, but all the same, big differences between rascals hybrid  and FSS, FSS has far more implications to come vs just a desktop backglass view.

@BorgDog
                            I don’t quite understand what you mean by a disservice, firstly my EM vs what is a disservice? I really want to know more because I have 8 EM’s coming down the pipe.. so If I can know what you mean more precisely would help, as I value all input coming from others who probably know far more about the community than me as vital.

EDIT: Just an quick reply added ,before you reply, you are probably talking about the fact that my EM is a mame controlled EM , this maybe true, but they are both tables made by the same company.. just a more efficient and inexpensive way of making a table other than that I don’t see how two tables beyond scoring values can have such huge rule changes.

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

What I mean is that in Joker Poker you added the EM backglass to the SS table, but you are still playing the SS game with the SS playfield graphics and SS sounds and SS rules.  the em version has chimes, only has 2x bonus, and the drop targets do not reset until end of ball.

edit: just saw your edit.  the main differences are mentioned above (along with different playfield graphics), but frankly the ss version is a better one to play.  for the gottlieb system 1 machines that they also made an em only Cleopatra has the exact same rules for EM and SS as far as I know.

arconovum
                              Participant
                                @nicholaschristopher
                                MemberContributor

Yes I see what you are saying.. I will try to take note of the subtleties (but I can only do so much) of EM vs Solid State versions in my upcoming EM/SS versions of Cleopatra/Pyramid,  Spacewalk/Count-Down , EM mata hari/SS matahari and EM Sinbad /SS sinbad .

In the case of Cleopatra/Pyramid the graphics(all of them) on the two available tables are very distinct, and I will be using both to support both the EM/SS versions, but I can only take it so far on first releases, and will come together better with revisions once my objective of 100 FSS tables mark is hit, at a current 75% achieved.

EDIT: HauntFreaks thanks for the go-ahead.. It does simplify things for me!

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

am I assuming is easier now because of 10.3 ??  I seen fuzzles gon’nuts he points out you need 10.3 to run the FSS version

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Haunt he did these before beta. Then devs included his work or parts of it for fss

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                                      @hauntfreaks
                                      vipContributorMember

ooohhhh….. well shit thats awesome…. I remember Rascal used to run these on his windows tablet….

arconovum
                                      Participant
                                        @nicholaschristopher
                                        MemberContributor

yes and more work is to come, looking into snapping within the editor.. snap to grid, to edge, center, intersection  , near etc…   that will be my next little contribution.

arconovum
                                        Participant
                                          @nicholaschristopher
                                          MemberContributor

So found this little gem last nite, had been collecting the graphix for it for some time, though I would need to make this table myself..  I knew you (randr) did the worlds fair WIP ,but not this one.. So I FSS’ed it..  , I also FSS’ed The Worlds Fair too, but since it has no significant backbox I never showed it.

Sliderpoint
                                          Participant
                                            @sliderpoint
                                            MemberContributor

randr didn’t do that one…?

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/humpty-dumpty-gottleb-1947/

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?