Hi there all! Im totally new here and also with VP´s in general. But bought a V

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Malinas
    Participant
      @malinas

Hi there all! Im totally new here and also with VP´s in general.  But bought a Virtual Pinball machine from 2016 yesterday!

My problem now, is that i can´t access to the PinballX frontend for updating. I can´t get into Windows, i know its Win 7 Ultimate on it though.
      Cause i want to change backglass movies in the FrontEnd, and also add some new games that i can buy, such as FX3 and so on.
      Please help out with tips with what i can do, cause i cant find a way to access it ;/ Or do i buy a new computer, to get that feature?

What do do, what do do?

Its that one https://retroactivearcade.ca/products/virtual-pinball-machine-820-tables

Best regards from Sweden / Malin

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

The seller did something that is not legal, included the works of this community. You should ask him for support. I guess since you ask, it starts pinballx automatically and maybe he has disabled the exit. Since I didn’t build this machine I can’t really know. But at cntl+alt+del – killing pinballx might be a way to get to the desktop. From there, you have to read the forums like any other and learn this stuff like any other. You don’t find many that are willing to help lazy people, but, several that help people who clearly have a problem after reading and actually trying and getting stuck on a problem.

Jesperpark
        Participant
          @jesperpark

I am familiar with these machines as I tried to help a buddy out with 1.  First of all they are locked up pretty tight by the manufacturer so, you will be unable to do anything with the software until it’s unlocked.  Second the computers are very under powered so VP10 tables will be a challenge to play.  Third if you do upgrade at least if it’s still the same, all 3 monitors had only a VGA Input.  So you will need a graphics card that has 3 VGA outputs, or will need to adapt all 3 outputs to VGA

Hopefully this helps

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I also have seen these cabinets and agreed they are not great.

what I would do is put a new hdd in the thing and start over! Fresh install of windows, visual pinball and Pinballx then you can play with it while saving the old hard drive Incase you want to go back to it.

You should be able to customize Pinballx anyways just look in the Pinballx folder you should see game manager in there along with other .exe’s you can run like settings or setup.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Malinas
            Participant
              @malinas

I also have seen these cabinets and agreed they are not great.

what I would do is put a new hdd in the thing and start over! Fresh install of windows, visual pinball and Pinballx then you can play with it while saving the old hard drive Incase you want to go back to it.

You should be able to customize Pinballx anyways just look in the Pinballx folder you should see game manager in there along with other .exe’s you can run like settings or setup.

Thanks! I will actually give this a try! since i tried with password reset and everything and still nothing :/ the system is completly locked. ok so you mean everything will be there correct if i just put in the original HDD again?

Malinas
              Participant
                @malinas

The seller did something that is not legal, included the works of this community. You should ask him for support. I guess since you ask, it starts pinballx automatically and maybe he has disabled the exit. Since I didn’t build this machine I can’t really know. But at cntl+alt+del – killing pinballx might be a way to get to the desktop. From there, you have to read the forums like any other and learn this stuff like any other. You don’t find many that are willing to help lazy people, but, several that help people who clearly have a problem after reading and actually trying and getting stuck on a problem.

Yes, i did but he couldnt help me out. I have tried everything, reset the password aswell but i can´t find the operating system or the pinballx front end, i know what you mean ;) but im not the lazy girl ;) i just don´t understand nothing about this, im completley new but its wonderful to see that people replyes with answers! you seem to be a tight and kind community! i think i will try to change the SDD and do it all over, and just install FX3 (that i want” for starters and take it from there.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Yes put the original hdd on the shelf and start fresh you will be much happier with a clean install. If you ever want to go back then your original drive is safe and nothing is lost.

Start with windows fresh install and get that updated to all current updates, then install the visual pinball all in one installer followed by 1 table, rom and backglass. Get that working then install more tables and then start the Pinballx frontend. It seems like a lot of work but it’s very basic stuff really

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Hicks997
                  Participant
                    @hicks997

I’ll agree with Randr.

Just take your time and start from the beginning. It’s really not that hard to get a table running.

It took me about one week to get to grips with the basics of vpx and pinballx. I know have a setup that works ( even if my pc power supply blow up last night. Lol). Just gotta work on the cabinet. There’s still loads I don’t know yet im sure.

To me I have great respect for you guys/girls who make these tables as there are impressive and look so complicated. How long to make a table from scratch?

The community here is really good.

Thanks to you all.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

You will find that most tables are really never finished. New techniques and better emulator makes something that wasn’t possible all of a sudden accessible. For that we need to thank the devs that write the code possible. But, the devs again need input for what can be improved – this often comes from table authors. The last addition that many tables can benefit from is improved physics around saucers. I haven’t fully understood what needs to be done to take advantage of that yet. But, it is just an example. JPSalas, I think said he uses approx one week for a table if it is a regular SS. His tables are not the most technical built ones. But, I at least love how they play.  Then you have these Blender gurus that makes tables that just are mind blowing beautiful. Don’t expect a table release from eg. Flupper, for maybe a year after his first reveal. So, the answer is – it takes time and effort and we should all be very grateful to both devs and authors. No one I know of have ever asked for any compensation or payment, even though they do actually deserve it.

You guys, giving constructive criticism and feedbacks are also a very important part of the process. I bet that if any of the authors didn’t get any feedback at all. They simply would not make any tables.

mon72
                      Participant
                        @mon72

There are great videos at youtube…

THis is the first part in a really good series that explains everything step by step… this is were I learned first time…

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

This is also the video series that got me up and running and I still refer back to it when I screw something up.  BUT, I wish it had been structured differently.  I spent a lot of time early on with things I don’t use – – Future Pinball and DOF, and PinballX which I didn’t utilize until almost a year in and had to go back and re-watch.  I appreciated learning about FP and DOF but if I were to walk someone through it now, I would start with the VP all-in-one and get a game up and running!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?