High Speed MOD

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    chokeee
    Participant
      @chokeee

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/high-speed-mod/

First, I would like to thank 32assassin and everyone who made the original table! Thanks 32assassin for allow me to upload moded table!

As usual, I didnt plan it. High Speed is my all time favourite table so just after 32assassin uploaded his original HS I started to change it a bit. I started to change physics and sounds to match this table to myself. In the meantime, I’ve learned a few tricks in VP so I was playing more with materials, lights… and some great people from our community helped me.

Big thank you to and credits to:

– 32assasin, Flupper1, Krugger99, nFozzy for the original table.

– DjRobX (flupper’s flashers to the script, missing white flashers, many tips and tricks)

– Bord (playfield shadows, new traffic lights, new black ramp, many tips and tricks)

– jpsalas (flashers reflections)

– everybody who helped me with VP

Changelog:

– new physics

– apron and bumpers (Sliderpoint’s primitives and modified textures)

– traffic lights, black ramp, playfield shadows (Bord)

– flipper bats (Flupper1)

– flashers (Flupper1’s modified)

– flashers reflections on the walls

– GI lighting

– inserts lighting

– materials

– envirnoment

– fastflips

– ball

– ball shadow (ninuzzu)

– some metal walls now are metal wires (like on real table)

– many resized, replaced and modified elements (walls, rubbers, plastics…)

– small items have been added and changed/moved (screws, rubbers, textures…)

– a lot of changes in the table sounds

– some little changes I dont remember

Have a nice day.

Total of 64 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Looks incredible, man. You put a lot of hard work into this thing and it shows. Great job!

takut
        Participant
          @takut
          MemberContributor

Looks great. Thanks for sharing this MOD  :good:

Ben Logan2
          Participant
            @benlogan2

Been waiting for this one since I saw Bambi’s video weeks ago. Looks incredible. Especially the big flashing inserts in playfield center! Physics look super.

High Speed is certainly a favorite of mine, too. We just sold ours last summer. Had problems with the board — even started smoking on us! Yours is sure to be free from the need of hours of soldering, Chokeee. Thanks to you and team!

kds70
            Participant
              @kds70

One of the best tables ever seen … looks and plays so amazing real – thanks all :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

drickman156
              Participant
                @drickman156

Wow, what a fantastic surprise today. Thanks to all the contributors for your hard work, it looks amazing!

Draifet
                Participant
                  @draifet

It plays very, very good. Thanks!

Slydog43
                  Participant
                    @slydog43

This looks and plays soooo nicely.  Thanks for the mod.

vogliadicane
                    Participant
                      @vogliadicane

This is such a good mod, I love everything you did here, and it is a LOT! :good:

Bob Albright
                      Participant
                        @bobalbright

Nice mod. Thank you

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

KiwiBri
                        Participant
                          @kiwibri

thank you!!

drickman156
                          Participant
                            @drickman156

Really got a chance to play tonight, and it is fantastic. Thanks again! I did however run in to a few issues back to back that may have been in the original table also.

1. Somehow the I had a quick drain down the middle that managed to jump the apron so it did not register and I had to hit “B” to add a ball in play before it reset. Probably a fluke, but wanted to mention.
                            2. When shooting straight up the middle (to the left of the bumpers) the ball bounced off the back wall and managed to get stuck IN the plastic to the left. (See photo)
                            3. After Locking a ball on the left by making the “Getaway” shot, I launched the ball and it went up the ramp and down the right wire ramp then threw a script error forcing me to close. (See photo)

chokeee
                            Participant
                              @chokeee

quote quote=102859]Really got a chance to play tonight, and it is fantastic. Thanks again! I did however run in to a few issues back to back that may have been in the original table also.

Somehow the I had a quick drain down the middle that managed to jump the apron so it did not register and I had to hit “B” to add a ball in play before it reset. Probably a fluke, but wanted to mention.
                              When shooting straight up the middle (to the left of the bumpers) the ball bounced off the back wall and managed to get stuck IN the plastic to the left. (See photo)
                              After Locking a ball on the left by making the “Getaway” shot, I launched the ball and it went up the ramp and down the right wire ramp then threw a script error forcing me to close. (See photo)

[/quote]

1. I experienced it some time ago, I was supposed to correct it but I forgot about it because it didnt happen again . An invisible wall should fix it.

2. Never noticed it. Did u changed something in the physic? Ball mass, pf friction, upper flipper strenght?

3. Script error is caused by a lot of balls. This results in pressing “B” which causes the addition of another ball. This is because of the first situation.

kds70
                              Participant
                                @kds70

Somehow the I had a quick drain down the middle that managed to jump the apron so it did not register and I had to hit “B” to add a ball in play before it reset. Probably a fluke, but wanted to mention.

Noticed this too … every 7 to 10 games this happens to me. Most times if a very fast ball runs into the drain. It seems that the ball jumps over the steel reels at the bottom of the flipper bats into the apron; maybe the ball is chilling around somewhere there under the apron :mail:

ball didn´t register then that it run into drain.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

Delete anything that is only there obscuring the view and play until it happens again. Takes away guessing part of it.

drickman156
                                  Participant
                                    @drickman156

<p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>Thanks for the response chokeee. I did not change anything so 2 is likely just a rare fluke. And good catch on 3.  Played a couple more games without issues. Great table.</p>

Mark70
                                    Participant
                                      @mark70

Great! Beside the mentioned visual changes, I also like the additional mechanical sounds e.g. like metal-hit.

chokeee
                                      Participant
                                        @chokeee

Update with fixes will coming soon.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                        STAT
                                        Participant
                                          @stefanaustria
                                          MemberContributor

Really great, had a few Games now … :good:
                                          Any Plans for Stern-24 maybe, as i mentoined anywhere ? …

chokeee
                                          Participant
                                            @chokeee

Sorry STAT, I never played that table (even virtual), so I dont feel it ;) Im playing with Big Guns table now ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?