Home list by GameRating + random() and mixing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Peter222
    Participant
      @swietlikowa

Hello everyone! :)

I don’t like the alphabetical Home list. This list is boring because I always see the same thing. How many times you can watch 1-2-3, 2 in 1 etc… (especially since they are not necessarily my favorite games?), but you can forget about the existence of gems from the end of the alphabet such as Xenon, Zarza etc.. Fortunately, PinUp system is very flexible and you can adjust it to your needs. So, thanks to SQL queries my Home list in PinUpPlayer is sorted first by GameRating, then RANDOM(). Thanks to this, I have my favorite games at the beginning, not alphabetically but randomly. Thanks to this, it’s not boring, because each launch is a different set :). Of course, I left the alphabetical list also (as a separate list) and I have access to it if necessary.

I set myself a series of games with a ranking of 100 – these are selected at random. Another series of games with a ranking of 90 – also random, but next in order. etc. If I want to have any game always first – all I have to do is set its highest number in the ranking. This gives a lot of possibilities.

For complete happiness, I miss one simple function: the ability to mix Home list data without having to leave and run PinUpPopper again. The “Menu return” button that does nothing at the highest level of the menu would be perfect. Is it possible that such a button, being at the highest level of the menu, will execute SQL query again? Simply refreshing the list so you can draw another set of games in the menu without scrolling to the right.3

edit: OK, that was a stupid question… after a long time I realized that the “Home menu” was doing exactly what I needed to do.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?