Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

Hey All!  Lurker finally peeking out.  I work from home, so this would have to do!  I built the MAME cab which houses 72k titles over around 130 emulators.  Most large newer fighting titles along with many steam games running on a 4th gen i7 w/ 1070.  After building that cab, which turned out great, but with 2 kids (1 baby, 1 toddler) and knowing how in depth a pinCab can be, I had Paul build mine.  It’s extremely professional and perfect. I did opt to do the electronics myself which houses a Ryzen, 980ti, 43″-4k setup.   She’s butter smooth.

IMG_8386

"Fuck this game. I love it."

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Now that’s a nice “office” :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Cameron
    Participant
    @cameron

Looks great! Nice office!

drickman156
    Participant
    @drickman156

Haha, nice! I finally found my lost twin. These are the 2 machines I built for my upstairs bonus room. Your arcade design is shockingly similar.

dqSpTaV

W2MYLQB

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

Oh nice!! I have always been in love with the wall mounted machines and that looks terrific!  What TV did you put in that?  I’m looking to upgrade as I went with what was cheap at the time and it’s 60/720.  Over the years I’ve upgraded systems and hardware and the TV is my bottleneck.

STAT
    Participant
    @stefanaustria
    MemberContributor

Nice Rooms and Machines here :good:

Very professional Arcade Machines you both :heart:  of Course, also Pinballs.

Wall mounted Machines, you mean something like this ? (=new in my Gameroom, working)

Attachments:
    randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

@stat what is that? Slot type machine? Or?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

STAT
    Participant
    @stefanaustria
    MemberContributor

Yes, 5 Slots here, not like the most vertical rotated <-> they are horizontal rotated,
    maybe i make a short Video, soon …

But here another Machine, very Close to mine:

drickman156
    Participant
    @drickman156

@BrandonLaw It’s a 27″ Asus 1080 but it’s a bit unique in that it’s actually powered by a Steam Link and is just streaming games from my gaming computer. I wrote an Instructable on it actually: https://www.instructables.com/id/Steam-Link-Arcade/.  It’s what made me fall in love with virtual pinball through FX3 and TPA. Then when I found VP I had no choice but to build a dedicated cab.

@Stat Thanks! And I have never seen a machine like either of those, very cool. Seems your game room will feel as much like a museum as a game room.

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

@drickman156 This is the exact path that I took!  I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed pinball until the MAME cab was constructed.  I was actually a fan of FX2/3 initially and then TPA, and of course, ultimately VP!  I think what tipped the scale was the separated sounds in VP.  I have a dual sound system and dang if it isn’t extremely realistic.  If FX3 ever implements mechanical and backglass split sounds, I will be in heaven especially with the new Williams’ ports.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

I find the FX3 to have nice graphics and that’s about it. They say it is realistic. I’m not sure if I don’t prefer VP9 over FX3 to be honest, if we talk about realism.

Cameron
    Participant
    @cameron

@drikman156 I thought I saw a nice MPCNC in there! I built one and am now planning on version 2.0 (well after I finish my laser cutter project). I have too many concurrent projects  :yahoo:

drickman156
    Participant
    @drickman156

@drikman156 I thought I saw a nice MPCNC in there! I built one and am now planning on version 2.0 (well after I finish my laser cutter project). I have too many concurrent projects :yahoo:

Haha, seems like minded people always find each other. Yes, I’ve built 2 and it’s a fun project and a nice edition to the workshop. Mine is a couple of versions back but one day I’ll upgrade to the latest…. one day.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW