Hoops (Gottlieb 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Kalavera3
    Participant
      @kalavera3

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/hoops-gottlieb-1991/

First of all Thank all those who once participated in the recreation of this table, Destruk and Tab (and many others), are the ones that have data that have worked, without them I would not have achieved anything, the image of the playfield is not of great quality, but this table I liked a lot for the thematic of street basketball, and also because it has no ramps, which is something that still not recreated, more than anything the reason for doing it is to continue learning and to give back a little of everything they gave me, I hope you enjoy it and if you find mistakes or something that looks bad (sure both will be) I would like very much to be indicated because it helps me to continue learning.

PD: Use VPX 10.5 rev.3490 or higher, for correct functioning

Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Neat table and I can say it has never looked better in vp. Thanks!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

misfit
        Participant
          @edavis

Hey @Kalavera3

Tried to check out this table in my cab but it won’t run. I can load it up into VPX just fine, but when I try to play it nothing happens. Screen flashes for a split second and then goes away leaving me sitting back in the editor again. No error messages, no nothing. Any thoughts? I don’t think I’ve seen this particular behavior with any other tables on my rig. I couldn’t find any logs or anything that may point to a specific issue. Any tips or tricks on how to get any debugging info from VPX/VPM?

Kalavera3
          Participant
            @kalavera3

Hey @kalavera3 –

Tried to check out this table in my cab but it won’t run. I can load it up into VPX just fine, but when I try to play it nothing happens. Screen flashes for a split second and then goes away leaving me sitting back in the editor again. No error messages, no nothing. Any thoughts? I don’t think I’ve seen this particular behavior with any other tables on my rig. I couldn’t find any logs or anything that may point to a specific issue. Any tips or tricks on how to get any debugging info from VPX/VPM?

use the latest beta version of VP, maybe that will solve the problem

1 user thanked author for this post.
            misfit
            Participant
              @edavis

Hey @kalavera3 –

use the latest beta version of VP, maybe that will solve the problem

Yep. That did the trick – all good now. I should have thought to try that myself, but I didn’t realize that a new beta had just dropped. The table plays really well. Thanks!

giovanni1966
              Participant
                @giovanni1966

Thx for the nice table. It is not possible to enter a Highscore.

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Thanks Man, i also love Basketball Themed Tables :good:
                  Looking very good, i will insert a few Coins at the evening … :yes:

Should be nice with Wildman’s BG: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2356-hoopspremier-1991

vicviper
                  Participant
                    @vicviper

what is the latest version vp

Rajo Joey
                    Participant
                      @joey2001

Hm, are you playing in desktop-mode?

For me the table is unplayable. The ball is flying like a bird over the table. :bye:

Here is a little video. I don’t change any settings and have all the latest updates.

Kalavera3
                      Participant
                        @kalavera3

I use rev3490 and dont have these problem, someone can help with this? Is a problem with the versión?

Kalavera3
                        Participant
                          @kalavera3

Problem with hiscore

I could check it recently, it does not allow to change the letters with the buttons of the flipper, the truth is not how this is corrected, I will find out and as soon as I have a solution I correct it.

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

I updated to 3490, and all is ok – good Work here :good:

About the Hiscore, i think there was already a Problem, and someone solved it … Dozer, DJRobX ?
                            I can’t remember …

Kalavera3
                            Participant
                              @kalavera3

I updated to 3490, and all is ok – good Work here :good:

About the Hiscore, i think there was already a Problem, and someone solved it … Dozer, DJRobX ?

I can’t remember …

Thanks for the data Stephan I’m going to find if I find something, I know that the rom has problems because if you fix the marker in pinmame does not load, so it is not strange that you have some other problem

Rajo Joey
                              Participant
                                @joey2001

So, it seems, I am the only one with this problem?

I just updated to the actual VP5 minimal setup and nothing changed.

The ball is flying over the table. :scratch:

Kalavera3
                                Participant
                                  @kalavera3

I would love to help Joey but the truth is that I do not know, someone else could help in this case, thank you very much.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

@joey2001 you must have some key mapped strange or a controller plugged into you pc? show us your key prefrences in vp. Also make dang sure you updated all .vbs files in the scripts folder and NONE are located in the tables folder. but i would think you have some nudge button assigned strangely

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Rajo Joey
                                    Participant
                                      @joey2001

@joey2001 you must have some key mapped strange or a controller plugged into you pc? show us your key prefrences in vp. Also make dang sure you updated all .vbs files in the scripts folder and NONE are located in the tables folder. but i would think you have some nudge button assigned strangely

My other 650 tables don’t have that problem, but it could be some keymapping. I use the ultimarc i-pac 2-controller.

Otherwise I start the table and don’t press any button. The ball jumps in the plunger lane and start wandering up the plunger… slow… :wacko:

Here are my key settings. I also disabled the two settings for the mouse and ball flying, but that doesn’t change anything.

I have the newest VP10.5 with all new script only in the scripts-folder.

Attachments:
                                      eMBee
                                      Participant
                                        @embee

I would love to help Joey but the truth is that I do not know, someone else could help in this case, thank you very much.

I’m having the same issue as Joey2001… floating ball across the playfield.
                                        Did the latest update and checked if the script files where in the right place…

Same here… it’s the only table witch has this floating ball thingy.

Kalavera3
                                        Participant
                                          @kalavera3

Wow I’m haunted, the truth is that I do not know why this can happen, Kiwi made a comantario about it somewhere else, maybe that helps, here I leave

Just an idea.

Select the “Gate2”, ball release output, and change the height from 45 to 50.
                                          Go to line 114 of the scripts and change the speed and direction of the release.

bsTrough.InitKick BallRelease,90,5

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

Try changing the “Overwrite  Physics by Global Set” to Disable.  that’s the only thing I see that may be causing that issue.  It was set for Set 3 or something like that… i’m not having the issue btw, works fine for me.

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?