This topic contains 60 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  kds70 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
     WED21 
    Participant

Sorry I haven’t been able to address any of these issues, been extremely busy. Here’s some of what is going on.

1: DOF stuff. I do not have DOF so I have absolutely no idea how any of it works so I had left what was in original scripts thinking that maybe whomever had it, it would still work. Lesson learned. Sorry for any damage or problems occurred by this. Please, if anyone knows how to code it in please be my guest but from now on none of my tables, if I make anymore, will have any DOF until I learn more about it.

2. Chimes not working. I imported all sounds that I use to my studio and normalized all to 100% except BallRolling and FlipperDown, those are at 50%. I then EQ’d all of them and ran them thru a 3 band compressor. After that I encoded them down to 44k true Mono files at 32bit. Some older sound cards will not play 32bit files. I will re-encode them to 16bit to help resolve this issue on all 3 of my tables and future ones.

I think that is the only main issues people are having. I’m going to reach out for help on the DOF but if I can’t get it fixed I’m going to delete all of it and update with 16bit sound files.

So sorry for any inconvenience here. I’m still trying to figure this stuff out as far as code and such so any help is greatly appreciated!!

Some users who have liked this topic:

WED21 
    Participant

Ok new version is up and hopefully everything is fixed. Here’s the changes:

‘Version 1.4 Changes:
    ‘Changed GI lights settings
    ‘Changed environment settings
    ‘Removed all DOF references
    ‘Sounds encoded down to 16Bit to play on all computers
    ‘Small Shadow fixes
    ‘Added Drop Target Shadows
    ‘Fixed Backglass credit issue (Thanks STAT)

Bob Albright 
    Participant

Wed– a huge thank you for following through on your promise to fix the sound for a couple of us—on both this game as well as Lady Luck. They both play well and look great. Hot Shot is among my favorite Ems.
    And man, you knocked Firepower out of the park. I played a lot of FP back in the day and loved it. Previous versions of Firepower I found to be drain monsters. You have made this table into one the is really fun to play in VP for the first time. Thank you!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

@wed21
    “Removed all DOF references”
    You did not remove the DOF functionality, did you?

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Yes he did. So keep the old script ,-)

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Looks great, thanks WED and thanks Hauntfreaks.

markrock76 
    Participant

When I download the file still says 1.4

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Same here.  1.4 with a August 24, 2017 date.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I’m sure he will up the proper one I don’t see it either

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I’m sure he will up the proper one I don’t see it either

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

WED21 
    Participant

Ugh sorry about that. All should be good now!!! :wacko:

N3roflint 
    Participant

Thanks for the update WED21.

"In the U.S., you have to be a deviant or die of boredom." William S. Burroughs

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Table looks absolutely fantastic and plays great.  Very challenging table and feels like an EM.  Great job!

One observation, the rule set of this table is very different from other Hot Shot tables I’ve seen and played.  For example, the rule card says “complete 1 through 8 or 8 through 15 to light special when lit alternately”.  However, special isn’t lighting when completing one side of targets along with the eight ball.

kds70 
    Participant

@wed21

Thanks for this beauty ! :rose:

kds70 
    Participant

@wed21:

found one little issue … if you tilt the table while a flipper was up the “buzz” sound doesn´t stop and keeps “buzzing” till a restart of the table :mail:

Btw it plays very very great … i´ll integrate some DOF effects for myself; i´m not a pro but addings these two slingshots, one bumper and a kicker isn´t a problem.

Bye for now – u´ve done a really nice table :good:

kds70 
    Participant

found one little issue … if you tilt the table while a flipper was up the “buzz” sound doesn´t stop and keeps “buzzing” till a restart of the table

the same happens just at this time if the game wents into “game over” while you are holding a flipper button.

WED21 
    Participant

I tried to do it based off of my memory but sounds like I was off lol! I thought you had to knock down all targets to get the special lit and each side lit the 1000pt side lanes. Do you know what lit those and also what alternates the special light? Maybe the bumper? I’ll try to fix it this week. Thanks!!

WED21 
    Participant

found one little issue … if you tilt the table while a flipper was up the “buzz” sound doesn´t stop and keeps “buzzing” till a restart of the table

the same happens just at this time if the game wents into “game over” while you are holding a flipper button.

I’ll try to fix this this week when I fix the rule set. Thanks!!

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

I believe one 1,000 pt light is always lit and alternates opposite the special light.  The lights alternate whenever the 10 pt relay is fired, so any scoring rubber hit.

Special is lit when 1-8 or 8-15 is completed.

kds70 
    Participant

I’ll try to fix this this week when I fix the rule set. Thanks!!

@wed21: thank you. If you are finished – i have DOFed the script already. Start Button light, Slingshots, Bumper, Kicker and Knocker are working fine.

Had a lot of fun already :yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account