Hot Shots

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Shannon
    Participant
      @shannon1

I am working on a complete rebuild of Rascal’s HOT Shots table. Thank you to everyone who built the original table and I hope I can do it justice. I will probably need help at some point because I really am just learning, but watching all of the members here has really got me motivated to try and contribute. I am trying to work on the ramps right now using Flupper’s tutorial. When I get stuck I know that there are people here to help, and for anyone who post criticism without ever contributing should really try to work on a table. It’s hard and time consuming work that these guys do for the love of the hobby.
      -Does anyone know what is supposed to be written on the yellow light in the left out lane b/c I couldn’t find any clear pics.

Hot Shots

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks shanon! Looking forward to some updates. ??

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Wow. That looks much better than what I first expected ! :good:

Shannon
          Participant
            @shannon1

Thanks. As you can see there is still a lot of work to do on it. Once I get it to a certain point, I’m hoping I can get some volunteers to help me tweak/test it.

Shannon
            Participant
              @shannon1

Hello,

I hate to ask, but I can not get the damn primitive flippers to work that I imported(Thanks to Borgdog for all of his great primitives). I am no coder and have followed the instructions in various post with no luck.  Below you will see the script from Rascal’s Hot Shots that he converted from Destruct and various other authors VP9 table(Thank you).  You will see at the bottom where I have added the primitive part of the script and I also added the timer to the table labeled correctly.  Also, I added primitive targets to the table in place of the walls that were used, but I do not understand where to put those in the script.  Sorry for asking, but I am at a loss.

Option Explicit

On Error Resume Next
              ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile(“controller.vbs”)
              If Err Then MsgBox “You need the controller.vbs in order to run this table, available in the vp10 package”
              On Error Goto 0

Dim VarRol, VarHidden
              VarHidden=0
              If Table1.ShowDT = true then VarRol=0 Else VarRol=1

If B2SOn = true Then VarHidden=1 Const cGameName=”hotshots”,UseSolenoids=1,UseLamps=1,UseGI=0,SSolenoidOn=”SolOn”,SSolenoidOff=”SolOff”,SFlipperOn=”FlipperUp”,SFlipperOff=”FlipperDown” Const SCoin=”coin3″ LoadVPM “01210000”,”sys80.vbs”,3.1 ‘Sub LoadVPM(VPMver, VBSfile, VBSver) ‘ On Error Resume Next ‘ If ScriptEngineMajorVersion < 5 Then MsgBox “VB Script Engine 5.0 or higher required” ‘ ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile(VBSFile) ‘ If Err Then MsgBox “Unable to open ” & VBSfile & “. Ensure that it is in the same folder as this table. ” & vbNewLine & Err.Description : Err.Clear ‘ Set Controller = CreateObject(“VPinMAME.Controller”) ‘ If Err Then MsgBox “Can’t Load VPinMAME.” & vbNewLine & Err.Description ‘ If VPMver>”” Then If Controller.Version < VPMver Or Err Then MsgBox “VPinMAME ver ” & VPMver & ” required.” : Err.Clear ‘ If VPinMAMEDriverVer < VBSver Or Err Then MsgBox VBSFile & ” ver ” & VBSver & ” or higher required.” ‘ On Error Goto 0 ‘End Sub Sub Table1_KeyDown(ByVal keycode) If KeyCode=LeftFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(72)=1 If KeyCode=RightFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(73)=1 If KeyCode=PlungerKey Then Plunger.Pullback If vpmKeyDown(KeyCode) Then Exit Sub End Sub Sub Table1_KeyUp(ByVal keycode) If KeyCode=LeftFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(72)=0 If KeyCode=RightFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(73)=0 If KeyCode=PlungerKey Then Plunger.Fire:PlaySound”Plunger” If vpmKeyUp(KeyCode) Then Exit Sub End Sub SolCallback(1)=”SolOne” SolCallback(2)=”SolTwo” SolCallback(3)=”SolThree” Solcallback(4)=”SolFour” SolCallback(5)=”SolFive” SolCallback(6)=”SolSix” SolCallback(7)=”SolSeven” SolCallback(8)=”vpmSolSound””knocker””,” SolCallback(9)=”bsTrough.SolIn” SolCallback(10)=”SU” SolCallback(sLLFlipper)=”vpmSolFlipper LeftFlipper,Nothing,” SolCallback(sLRFlipper)=”vpmSolFlipper RightFlipper,Nothing,” Sub SolOne(Enabled) If Enabled Then If OL12=0 Then dtBlue.DropSol_On Else vpmFlasher Array(Light50,Light51),True End If Else If OL12=1 Then vpmFlasher Array(Light50,Light51),False End If End Sub Sub SolTwo(Enabled) If Enabled Then If OL12=0 Then dtRed.DropSol_On Else vpmFlasher Array(Light48,Light49),True End If Else If OL12=1 Then vpmFlasher Array(Light48,Light49),False End If End Sub Sub SolThree(Enabled) If Enabled Then If bsLeft.Balls Then Kicker1.DestroyBall bsLeft.ExitSol_On End If End If End Sub Sub SolFour(Enabled) If Enabled Then If OL12=0 Then dtBottom.DropSol_On Else vpmFlasher Array(Bumper6,Bumper7),True End If Else If OL12=1 Then vpmFlasher Array(Bumper6,Bumper7),False End If End Sub Sub SolFive(Enabled) If Enabled Then If OL12=0 Then dtYellow.DropSol_On Else vpmFlasher Array(Bumper2,Bumper3),True End If Else If OL12=1 Then vpmFlasher Array(Bumper2,Bumper3),False End If End Sub Sub SolSix(Enabled) If Enabled Then If OL12=0 Then dtGreen.DropSol_On Else vpmFlasher Array(Bumper4,Bumper5),True End If Else If OL12=1 Then vpmFlasher Array(Bumper4,Bumper5),False End If End Sub Sub SolSeven(Enabled) If Enabled Then If OL12=0 Then dtTop.DropSol_On Else vpmFlasher Array(Bumper8,Bumper9),True End If Else If OL12=1 Then vpmFlasher Array(Bumper8,Bumper9),False End If End Sub Dim SolA SolA=0 Sub SU(Enabled) If Enabled then SolA=1 Else SolA=0 End If End Sub Dim MyBall,MyBallX,MyBallY Sub Trigger7_Hit Set MyBall=ActiveBall MyBallX=MyBall.VelX MyBallY=MyBall.VelY If SolA=1 Then MyBall.VelX=MyBall.VelX*2.5 MyBall.VelY=MyBall.VelY*2.5 Else MyBall.VelX=MyBall.VelX*1 MyBall.VelY=MyBall.VelY*1 End If End Sub Dim bsTrough,dtBlue,dtRed,dtYellow,dtGreen,dtTop,dtBottom,bsLeft Sub Table1_Init Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“dmd_red”)=0 Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“dmd_green”)=223 Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“dmd_blue”)=223 On Error Resume Next With Controller .GameName=cGameName If Err Then MsgBox “Can’t start Game” & cGameName & vbNewLine & Err.Description : Exit Sub .SplashInfoLine=”Hot Shots” & vbNewLine & “by Destruk and MNPG” & vbNewLine & “VPX conversion by Rascal” .HandleMechanics=0 .HandleKeyboard=0 .ShowDMDOnly=1 .ShowFrame=0 .ShowTitle=0
              .Hidden = VarHidden
              .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“rol”)=VarRol If Err Then MsgBox Err.Description End With On Error Goto 0 Controller.SolMask(0)=0 vpmTimer.AddTimer 2000,”Controller.SolMask(0)=&Hffffffff'” ‘ignore all solenoids – then add the timer to renable all the solenoids after 2 seconds Controller.Run PinMAMETimer.Interval=PinMAMEInterval PinMAMETimer.Enabled=1 vpmNudge.TiltSwitch=57 vpmNudge.Sensitivity=3 vpmNudge.TiltObj=Array(Bumper1,LeftSlingshot,RightSlingshot) Set bsTrough=New cvpmBallStack bsTrough.InitSw 66,0,76,0,0,0,0,0 bsTrough.InitKick BallRelease,90,5 bsTrough.InitExitSnd “BallRel”, “SolOn” bsTrough.Balls=2 Set dtBlue=New cvpmDropTarget dtBlue.InitDrop Array(Wall9,Wall10,Wall11,Wall12),Nothing dtBlue.InitSnd “flapclos”,”flapopen” dtBlue.CreateEvents “dtBlue” Set dtRed=New cvpmDropTarget dtRed.InitDrop Array(Wall13,Wall14,Wall15,Wall16),Nothing dtRed.InitSnd “flapclos”,”flapopen” dtRed.CreateEvents “dtRed” Set dtYellow=New cvpmDropTarget dtYellow.InitDrop Array(Wall1,Wall2,Wall3,Wall4),Nothing dtYellow.InitSnd “flapclos”,”flapopen” dtYellow.CreateEvents “dtYellow” Set dtGreen=New cvpmDropTarget dtGreen.InitDrop Array(Wall5,Wall6,Wall7,Wall8),Nothing dtGreen.InitSnd “flapclos”,”flapopen” dtGreen.CreateEvents “dtGreen” Set dtTop=New cvpmDropTarget dtTop.InitDrop Wall18,2 dtTop.InitSnd “flapclos”,”flapopen” dtTop.CreateEvents “dtTop” Set dtBottom=New cvpmDropTarget dtBottom.InitDrop Wall17,3 dtBottom.InitSnd “flapclos”,”flapopen” dtBottom.CreateEvents “dtBottom” Set bsLeft=New cvpmBallStack bsLeft.InitSw 0,56,0,0,0,0,0,0 bsLeft.InitKick Kicker2,180,3 bsLeft.InitExitSnd “popper”,”solon” vpmCreateEvents AllSwitches vpmMapLights ALights KickBack.PullBack End Sub Set LampCallback=GetRef(“UpdateMultipleLamps”) Dim L2,OL,L12,OL12,L13,L14,OL13,OL14,L15,OL15 OL=0:OL12=1:OL13=1:OL14=1:OL15=1 Sub UpdateMultipleLamps L12=Light1.State If L12<>OL12 Then OL12=L12 L2=Light2.State ‘BALL RELEASE If L2<>OL Then If L2=0 Then If bsTrough.Balls Then bsTrough.ExitSol_On End If End If OL=L2 L13=Light3.State ‘Top Rollover Trip If L13<>OL13 Then If L13=0 Then dtTop.Hit 1 End If End If OL13=L13 L14=Light4.State ‘Bottom Rollover Trip If L14<>OL14 Then If L14=0 Then dtBottom.Hit 1 End If End If OL14=L14 L15=Light50.State ‘Bottom Left Shooter If L15<>OL15 Then If L15=0 Then KickBack.PullBack Else KickBack.Fire End If End If OL15=L15 End Sub Sub Drain_Hit:bsTrough.AddBall Me:End Sub Sub LeftSlingshot_Slingshot:vpmTimer.PulseSw 75:PlaySound”sling”:End Sub Sub RightSlingshot_Slingshot:vpmTimer.PulseSw 75:PlaySound”sling”:End Sub Sub Bumper1_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 65:PlaySound”jet3″:End Sub Sub Kicker1_Hit:bsLeft.AddBall 0:End Sub

‘**********************************************************************************************************
              ‘**********************************************************************************************************
              ‘Primitive Flipper Code

Sub FlipperTimer
              dim PI:PI=3.1415926
              LFlip.rotz = LeftFlipper.currentangle
              RFlip.rotz = RightFlipper.currentangle
              LflipRubber.rotz = LeftFlipper.currentangle
              RFlipRubber.rotz = RightFlipper.currentangle
              End Sub

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Did you add the flipper timer too?

for IOS and Android

Shannon
                Participant
                  @shannon1

I did. Sorry to post the script that way. Is there a better way to post it for you to examine?

Shannon
                  Participant
                    @shannon1

I do not see many other scripts with flippers written in the script like below and wasn’t sure if this could be the problem.

If KeyCode=LeftFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(72)=1 If KeyCode=RightFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(73)=1 If KeyCode=PlungerKey Then Plunger.Pullback If vpmKeyDown(KeyCode) Then Exit Sub End Sub Sub Table1_KeyUp(ByVal keycode) If KeyCode=LeftFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(72)=0 If KeyCode=RightFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(73)=0

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

If the flippers are not working with primitives then it’s either names of the actual flippers or timer. Send me the table in a pm I can look quick

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Pm sent with fixes. WOW does that PF look GREAT :)

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Shannon
                        Participant
                          @shannon1

Thank you for the quick fix.

Shannon
                          Participant
                            @shannon1

I wanted to post a wip. It still has a long way to go, but it is coming along.  Randr has been nice enough to do a ton of work, so this is as much his project as mine.  It wouldn’t look near as good as it does without his help…so much appreciated!

HotShots

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

It is actually a very neat table  :good:

for IOS and Android

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

Really nice to see another great project coming together  —  Thank you for sharing

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Need an update…. wip thread needs wip progress pics! :)

for IOS and Android

Shannon
                                  Participant
                                    @shannon1

2A1AAA12-5560-4835-BE83-F2905CE3D2902A65DF0B-D57A-495D-8955-907F379DCF5C

I wanted to tell everyone that I am constantly blown away by this hobby and the people who help here at this site. When I started working on this table, it was basic at best. I asked for help and our host Randr was gracious enough throw in with me. Now when I say help, you guys must understand that I am a noob at this stuff, but enjoy it immensely. Randr has contributed more than I ever could to this table, so it is as much his as it is mine. His work is amazing and we are getting closer to a release. I wanted to post some more screenshots so everyone could enjoy!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Its a neat table NOT a williams but you did such a good job on redraw i figured why not try to make it a release that at least tried to keep up with the type of tables we see released today and i think it will be a keeper for everyone…i hope.

Here is latest screenshot(wip30) not done but slowly getting there. I need to find more @borgdog tables to steel stuff from :)

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 10.53.17 AM (2)

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?