HOT Tip revisited – WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
      @schreibi34

For the Apron image:   You need to ask Mlager8 first!! It’s his work!!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Stealing it once released ;-)

Schreibi34
        Participant
          @schreibi34

… Viking style!!! B-)

Scooby
          Participant
            @scooby

Very cool. Now for the annoying question. I have been wanting to learn how to do this sort of thing with VPX and was wondering if there is a tutorial showing how this is done (changing table images and meshes). If there is a step by step available somewhere, that would be amazing.

Thanks guys.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Depends. If you are stealing from one table to the next. You need to open the mother and child table manually in the same instance of VPX. IE – File -> Open, twice. Then you can mark and copy the object, you then switch in the menu to the child table and paste it in. You have to remember though that the mother prim has materials and images that you need to export/import to the child.

For importing primitives. You really should have a look at Bord’s tutorials. In the beginning he explains how blender needs to be set up and in the end he explains WHY – if you followed his tutorial they will be placed correctly into VP following his advice. If the primitives hasn’t been made this way, well, then you need to know a bit more. Moving x, y and z. His guides is for made for people who want to make changes to their collection with the use of blender. But, they also explain the importing of primitives because that is what he is making.

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

What was 32’s quote – – using blender makes me feel like a drunk that stumbles on a correct answer.  Lot’s of buttons.   Have a feeling I’m going to go to my grave still learning about this stuff….and hopefully that’s a ways off.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Oh yes. Blender is a beast and I only was reminded yesterday, being my age, that I from time to time need to fire it up in order to not forget the stuff I used to know. Was trying to make a kicker hole after a few beers for High Hand. Oh boy. Need to do it all over again today ;-)

Mlager8
                  Participant
                    @mlager8

For the Apron image: You need to ask Mlager8 first!! It’s his work!!

You can use the image no problem. I have it broken out into elements in photoshop, if you need it pm me B-)

Scooby
                    Participant
                      @scooby

I didn’t know I needed to learn Blender to properly export/import primitives. This sound intimidating and will require more time than I have at the moment. I’ll search for Bord’s tutorial and see how far I get. Thanks.

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

I started playing with it a month ago @scooby .  I had downloaded the latest version – 2.8 and after being lost in the soup for a weekend trying to figure it out, I downloaded the older 2.79.  2.8’s interface is totally different and most of the tutorials I was finding used 2.79.  This helped.  A little.  It is time consuming if you’re a layman like me.  Good luck!  Oh, if you find any bord tutorials let us know where they’re located.

Mr_H
                        Participant
                          @jhopwood

Looking super impressive, love it. Great work.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Thalamus
                            @thalamus

@jfr1 : Looking for Bords tutorials ? https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/creating-a-playfield-mesh-with-holes-tutorial-basic/ – many links to different pots of gold. The kicker hole tutorial is kind of complete in in that it covers in details the import/export that makes it very easy to go between blender and VP.

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

Why aren’t these in the tutorial section? Sorry if I’m being daft here.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

That is a good question. You could however easily put them in the wiki yourself ;-)

Schreibi34
                                Participant
                                  @schreibi34

Trying to get the whole table into one 4096×4096 texture image. Goal is to use one image, one mesh and one material for the whole table. Except the moveable and transparent parts:

Blender HT-Texturing

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  JR
                                  JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

Gah!!  Blender screenshots!  Looking forward to this!!

bord
                                      @bord
                                      MembervipContributorModerator

Sick UV mapping, man. Best of luck staying sane! I tried and couldn’t do it. Now the goal is everything in 4 texture images or less.

Schreibi34
                                      Participant
                                        @schreibi34

Yeah, naming all objects, from the meshes with the texture map to the meshes with the perspective UV to the cameras and the resulting perspective renderings is the key to success. Also using those names in PS for the layers is important. Then you can always look into the PS file and check which texture goes to a certain mesh.

The port to VP is 95% done. Only the moving rubbers and some finetuning is left.

Schreibi34
                                        Participant
                                          @schreibi34

The Blender stuff made it to VPX. Table is not fully playable yet:

HT - VPX

bord
                                            @bord
                                            MembervipContributorModerator

Yyyyyyow

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?