This topic contains 34 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  TerryRed 1 month ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
     blackvulcan3 
    Participant

Thanks Terry for the work on this. Made my life very easy today now my cab is finally working properly.

KM3L0TT 
    Participant

Hello,

is there any possibility of bridging the brightness of LED flasher in DOFLinx.ini?

cordially

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Hello,

is there any possibility of bridging the brightness of LED flasher in DOFLinx.ini?

cordially

You would need to ask DDH69, creator of DOFLinx, over at vpforums.

newtopinball78 
    Participant

I rarely use Future Pinball usually only for Gremlins or Goonies….but alien legacy and these newer tables iron man and jaws look great…thx Terry!!

NetzZwerg 
    Participant

Thank you very much Terry, this will surely help me a lot!

TerryRed 

OK… so I finally decided to do a  new video series on my Youtube channel called Virtual Pinball “Software” Essentials. I have now include a 3 part set of videos about FUTURE PINBALL. (I had to break it up because my editor screws up long video files)

I made these videos to go along with this Post’s guide, but in more detail with things such as BAM, physics, and more. I can’t cover everything in one shot…so I’ll have more videos for DOFLinx and more detailed BAM videos and using PuP-Packs coming out soon.

Finally! The Virtual Pinball “Software” Essentials videos for Future Pinball – PART 1, 2 and 3

Future Pinball may be 11 years old now…but that hasn’t stopped it from getting better and better…. thanks to Ravarcade’s BAM (Better Arcade Mode).

Today, Future Pinball looks much better, plays much better and has loads of new features that table authors and players can use. The potential has barely been tapped into.

This topic has A LOT of content, and I can’t cover everything in one video (there’s more coming)…but I cover the entire spectrum to give you all the basics so you understand what everything is and how it works. You will be up and running with Future Pinball, BAM, tables, and DMDs the right way… the FIRST time!

PART 1

BOOKMARKS:

Intro – 0:01
    Install Future Pinball – 2:34
    Install BAM – 3:58
    BAM Head Tracking Demos – 5:13
    If you see this dork on the street…. RUN! – 5:44
    Install BAM OpenVR 8:02
    Remove Watermark, restrictions, etc (modified Future Pinball.exe) – 9:17
    FutureDMD, FPIntercept – 15:39
    Exclusive Fullscreen vs Borderless Windowed – 17:35
    How to Force Borderless Windowed Mode – 19:18
    Functions of Files and Folders – 21:36
    BAM: how basic physics works with xml files – .22:04
    Future Pinball’s FANTASTIC Manual – 30:30
    Libraries Folder – 30:52
    Scripts Folder – 33:42
    Tables Folder – 34:55

PART 2

BOOKMARKS:

Editor and Options – 0:29
    Table demonstration (Robots Invasion) – 1:06
    DISABLE “Load Images Into Table Editor” – 3:56
    Game Keys and Controls – 5:04
    Manual Ball Roller – 7:03
    Video and Rendering Options – 11:18
    Arcade Mode, When you DO and DON’T use it – 16:04
    Script Editor – 21:27
    HUD DMDs and HUD Overlays – 23:07
    FP Lighting vs BAM New Renderer Lighting – 29:56
    FP Lighting Demo – Star Trek (Stern) (Ultimate) – 32:01
    BAM New Renderer Lighting Demo – Star Trek (Stern) (Ultimate PRO) – 33:45
    BAM Menu and Settings – 37:53

PART 3

BOOKMARKS:

DOFLinx and Pinup Player – 0:21
    PuP-Pack Demo – JAWS Ultimate PRO – 3:50
    NO Roms – 9:51
    Cabinets and Arcade Mode – 12:39
    Post Processing with Light Presets – 21:39
    BAM Mini-Playfield example – Star Trek Space Battle – 23:35
    Website for Tables and Communities – 26:36
    SLAMT1LT’s Pinball Emporium – 27:06
    SLAMT1LT’s Youtube Channel – 29:31
    VPU, VPinball, VPForums, IR Pinball – 31:01
    PinSimDB and GoPinball – 32:52
    Closing Thoughts – 37:11

TerryRed 

BAM’s mini playfield is a neat feature. This is Gimli’s Star Trek Space battle over the playfield example taken from my VP Essential guide for FP.

It allows you to grab anything from the table (or not on the table and hidden) and use it almost any way you want. You can have a selected group of objects/lights/anything within in a bounding box… then have it move or animate and react to events via script…. or maybe attach them to other moving objects like a ball.

Very cool for VR!

Here’s where Gimli posted how you can add this yourself easily to the table. Takes 2 mins to add.

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5577&start=320

…and here’s a post from Gimli with his other examples he’s played with over time…

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=55&t=6587&p=85768#p85768

TerryRed 

Added to the main post:

BAM physics XML and ZIP files (and modern physics via table script):

BAM has an XML folder that includes files of the different versions of “basic” physics changes (2.5, 2.6, 2.7, Zed, etc). To use these files you would simply copy the version of the physics file you want to use with a table to the Tables folder and rename the file to match the table filename. This is more for older tables.

BAM uses physics in a priority basis. This is important to understand as when you run a table it will use whatever it finds FIRST and in the following order:

• BAM first looks for modern dynamic physics and an embedded xml contained in the table script (newer tables only)
    • if not found, then it will look for an XML file or a zip file (Zed physics uses zip) matching the table filename
    • if not found then it will use the default.xml in the BAM folder
    • if not found, it will use finally use whatever physics the FuturePinball.exe uses

Collection of BAM XML files for tables:

I have included a zip of a large number of XML files I matched to tables I “think” are the most accurate based on what the author’s intended. This is by no means complete or perfect…but using these files will allow you have a better setup for tables you may download. Just copy the file for the table you want to the Tables folder and make sure the xml matches the table filename!

Modern BAM Dynamic Flippers and Physics:

BAM now allows you to use modern scriptable Dynamic Flippers and physics as well as an XML file config within the table script with no need for any other files. You can change the options and other settings right in the table script to your liking!

The newer dynamic flippers can make a HUGE difference in how much better a FP table can play! This can be added to ANY table! For more information on how to do this, goto this post at GoPinball. Gimli and GeorgeH are the most knowledgeable in this area!

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6676

Make sure you have the newest version as BAM is always getting updated.

For more information on the newest BAM developments, goto the main BAM post here:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3249

TerryRed 

added to main post….

Virtual Pinball “Software” Essentials – DOFLinx

DOFLinx is the communications bridge that allows us to enjoy amazing light shows and feedback as well as PuP-Packs with Future Pinball and Pinball FX3 tables in our cabinets (or PuP-Packs only with Desktops), and much more!

This video has A LOT of content, but I cover the entire spectrum to give you all the basics so you understand almost everything about DOFLinx and how it works.

You will have DOFLinx ready to be used with Future Pinball, Pinball FX3, PuP-SSF and PuP-Packs the right way… the FIRST time!

Bookmarks:

Dramatic Intro – 0:00
    Title – 1:25
    DOFLinx Backstory – 2:39
    Software Requirements for DOFLinx – 15:26
    Install DOFLinx – 17:02
    DOFLinx.vbs for Future Pinball – 17:56
    directoutputconfig.ini for DOF – 18:38
    GlobalConfig_b2SServer.xml for DOF – 19:33

DOFLinx.ini SETUP for:  22:10
    – Desktop users (only use PuP-Packs)
    – Cabinet users with no DOF hardware, no SSF (only use PuP-Packs)
    – Cabinet users with MX Leds or SSF, but NO other DOF hardware  (also use PuP-Packs)

DOFLinx.ini SETUP for:   35:04
    – Cabinet users with standard DOF hardware such as solenoids, shaker, fan, gear, chimes, bells, beacon, strobes, led buttons, flashers, etc (can also include MX Leds, SSF, and PuP-Packs)

DOF Config Tool for MX Led table config updates – 1:01:29
    How to use DOFLinx – 1:02:44
    Future Pinball DOFLinx demo – 1:07:43
    Pinball FX3 DOFLinx Demo – 1:11:59
    Other Emulators and Games with DOFLinx – 1:20:01
    SUP (Supplementary) *.ini files – 1:20:43
    DOFLinx Forums – 1:23:30

Pinup System Install Guide Wiki:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

DOFLinx Forums:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showforum=104

TerryRed 

The new version of BAM just released allows for colour changing lights…hardware flashers…bulbs…glow radius…global lighting settings…all completely changeable on the fly in script! You can also move lights and flashers in real time using script or Bam mini-playfield feature. This opens up A LOT of potential for some very cool effects!

Also…it can automatically remove the FP watermark on the original FP EXE (it fades away 5 secs after table starts. You enable this in BAM menu Add ons). This is handy for those AMD guys who get crashes on some tables using the modified EXE’s.

https://www.ravarcade.pl/

TerryRed 

Some people still aren’t sure about what settings to use for BAM for POV and Lighting for Ultimate Pro tables. This videos show what settings I’m using for the demo in the video.

I included the default.cfg file I used in this video. Just copy the default.cfg file (NEW-BAM-default-cfg-File.zip) to your BAM folder. Now all tables that load for the first time will use these settings.

For any table (or table already using other settings), just choose “Reset to Default” to use the settings from the default.cfg file.

Note: you will need to adjust the backbox size and position for your liking! (I made this file on my desktop pc).

You can also adjust the Post Processing GAMMA settings if you find this too dark for your screen. 1.5 to 2 are usually good.

UPDATE: I originally uploaded the BAM.cfg file instead of the correct default.cfg file. Use the “NEW-BAM-default-cfg-File.zip” instead! So DON’t use the “bam-default-cfg-file.zip” that was originally uploaded! Thanks for the catch @outhere

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  TerryRed. Reason: Added CORRECT BAM Default cfg file!
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  TerryRed.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  TerryRed.
    Attachments:
     TerryRed 

Also…there is a bug with Jaws Ultimate Pro 1.07 that only affects Cabinet users. A Red playfield texture needed to be assigned to a surface to be used for xBAM texture swapping. (It wasn’t assigned using any surface). This causes the playfield to look garbled for the drain and Ben Garner Lights. SLAM doesn’t use a cabinet, so he didn’t see this and didn’t know to fix it.

Edit: SLAM has added the fix to the Ultimate Pro 1.08 version of the table.

The Table file goes in Tables folder.

The ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs goes in your “FuturePinball\Scripts” folder.

The Jaws ULTIMATE Pro 1.08.zip included within the main zip is used for replacing the default Ball texture with a nicer Ball! You can either copy it to the Tables folder and leave it named the same as the table (and only the table will use it), or you can copy it to your BAM folder and rename it default.zip. This will allow all tables that don’t use a custom zip file to use this new default Ball Texture.

Newest BAM just released is REQUIRED for all the new Ultimate Pro tables! (since they use new RGB lighting features, and more)

https://www.ravarcade.pl/

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  TerryRed. Reason: Added corrected file
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  TerryRed. Reason: slam added fix to 1.08
     TerryRed 

(UPDATE: I originally uploaded the BAM.cfg file instead of the correct default.cfg file. Use the “NEW-BAM-default-cfg-File.zip” instead! So DON’t use the “bam-default-cfg-file.zip” I originally uploded! Thanks for the catch @Outhere )

I included the default.cfg file I used in the above video. Just copy the default.cfg file (NEW-BAM-default-cfg-File.zip) to your BAM folder. Now all tables that load for the first time will use these settings.

For any table (or table already using other settings), just choose “Reset to Default” to use the settings from the default.cfg file.

Note: you will need to adjust the backbox size and position for your liking! (I made this file on my desktop pc not my cabinet).

You can also adjust the Post Processing GAMMA settings if you find this too dark for your screen. 1.5 to 2 are usually good.

Attachments:
     TerryRed 

I made a short gameplay demo of Robocop Ultimate Pro (for FP) in 4K 60 fps.

It nicely shows off FP-BAM’s newer Lighting, Shadows, RGB Inserts, Bump Mapping and more very nicely. This is how FP is “supposed” to look with the correct POV and Lighting. Love this table!

Pardon my bad gameplay…I played this game on my TV with it displayed sideways.

TerryRed 

Bam New Renderer (Bump Maps & Lighting) vs Future Pinball’s Original Renderer.

This video shows the dramatic difference BAM’s renderer, bump mapping and lighting can make.

Bump Mapping isn’t a “new” feature for BAM, but it wasn’t until recently that any tables made good use of it. Most of SLAMT1LT’s Ultimate Pro tables are now using Bump Maps.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account