Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

I updated the guide for some additional details about new BAM settings, some examples to use and various other things! Read it over in case there is something new you may have missed or didn’t know about!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    tmpc
    Participant
    @tmpc

Is this guide still accurate in 2020?

Thanks for this.

TerryRed
    @terryred

Is this guide still accurate in 2020?

Thanks for this.

Yes it is.

BAM is always getting new updates and features….so I don’t always have every significant feature mentioned right away.

tmpc
    Participant
    @tmpc

What do i need to adjust to not have an egg shaped ball? I changed the z scale but then the table is too flat.

TerryRed
    @terryred

What do i need to adjust to not have an egg shaped ball? I changed the z scale but then the table is too flat.

Clearly you didn’t read the guide. :)

Use my default.cfg for BAM on the first post, and see if that works good for you as a starter for POV,etc. Then if you are happy with that, you can choose Reset to Default for any table that doesn’t look right, and adjust from there.

tmpc
    Participant
    @tmpc

I did read the guide and installed FP per your videos. It is just a lot to learn for a new guy like me.

I appreciate your help and for all you do for this hobby. I read the forums and on Facebook and you have no idea how much you have helped me already.

Thanks again.

TerryRed
    @terryred

I have gone through and updated the the entire guide and cleaned it up to trim some of it down and make it much more clean and tidy and easier to read.

I added in a section about PinEvent and also added links to different types of FP tables and the sites which host them.

PinEvent – DOF / MX / PUP / SSF / PUPDMD for Future Pinball

By TerryRed, Nailbuster, ravarcade

PinEvent is a new standard for Future Pinball that I created (with help from Nailbuster and ravarcade) to allow Future Pinball tables to be modded to have full “direct” support for DOF / MX Leds / PUP / SSF / PUPDMD without the need for other applications.

For a video showcase of PinEvent in action, watch this epic video:

PinEvent features:

• DOF (direct output framework) for cabinet hardware feedback, controlled lighting and toys
    • Pinup Player
    • PuP-Packs
    • PUP SSF and 3D positional ball rolling
    • PUPDMD (4:1 DMD , Real DMD, 16:9 FullDMD)
    • choose what devices are output to SSF (flippers, slings, bumpers, etc) for custom setups
    • choose what devices are output to DOF (flippers, slings, bumpers, chimes, etc) for custom setups
    • PinEvent profile settings for any FP mode (desktop, vr, cabinet/arcade mode)
    • custom PinEvent settings per table via table script options
    • does not need or use DOFLinx

What do I need PinEvent for?

• any Future Pinball table that has been modded for PinEvent.  Without the PinEvent files installed, the table will NOT work.

DESKTOP USERS:

• Desktop users (or anyone) who only want to play a PinEvent table (and NOT use any DOF or PUP features) just need to install the PinEvent files
    • after that, my modded PinEvent tables will operate and play like a normal Future Pinball table

DOF and Pinup Player:

• to use these features you need PinEvent installed and setup
    • you need DOF and Pinup Player installed and setup correctly (more info in the install instructions)

Why is PinEvent needed?

• Future Pinball restricted the usage of external applications with tables. This made it difficult to add DOF and PUP support to Future Pinball tables
    • in the past there were efforts from GLXB and others (LedWiz support), and currently from DDH69 (DOFLinx). While these work great (I still love DOFLinx), they have limitations

PinEvent isn’t restricted

• it uses the new COM Extensions plug-in for BAM (made by Nailbuster and ravarcade)
    • this allows Future Pinball to “directly” access DOF and Pinup Player and be able to use ALL their features!
    • I was able to make a new script / command standard for DOF / PUP / SSF that allows for ease of use while now allowing for advanced features such as PUPDMD
    • this allowed me to add custom features for users to use per table, or by PinEvent profiles that can have each table / pup-pack / pupdmd work automatically with the correct settings needed for the table without needing to touch the table script

PinEvent install files:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/

PinEvent Install Instructions and Guide:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/#post-171545

PinEvent Tables:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/future-pinball-pinevent-tables/

TerryRed
    @terryred

UPDATE 1

Updated the Guide again today…and snazzed it up with lots of pictures and logo making everything MUCH easier to find and it looks just so pretty.

@randr

Great feature for how you can insert images and attachments into the post easily. Supports transparent PNG as well so it looks nice.

UPDATE 2

BAM Settings: Getting a Good POV for Cabinet View the Easy Way!

(TerryRed default.cfg files)

• BAM’s default configuration is NOT setup to give cabinet users a nice POV for cabinet view
    • I have attached two nice BAM default.cfg options for Cabinet users that are ready to go!
    • one file is for users who want to see the entire playfield, the other is a more 1:1 size, but has the apron cut off (my preference)
    • these views are setup correctly to retain a non-distorted view of the table and ball on the entire playfield!
    • the lighting and post processing is nicely set, and other unwanted features are disabled for cabinet use
    • the POV for the playfield is ideally setup to for most tables, but you can still fine tune it for each table as needed
    • extract the default.cfg file from the zip of your choice to your BAM folder (backup the original default.cfg file just in case)
    • now each new table that loads for the first time, will use these nice settings from this new default.cfg
    • you can also choose “Reset to Default” for any table at any time to use the new default.cfg file settings
    • if you want ALL tables to use this new default.cfg file’s settings… an easy way would be to delete all their cfg files in BAM\cfg (they will use default.cfg settings on next load)
    • note: these files were made for Static Cam, and may not be ideal for Headtracking modes!

BAM-default-cfg-full-playfield

BAM-default-cfg-no-playfield-apron

TerryRed default.cfg with Full Playfield examples:

Jaws ULTIMATE Pro - full playfield

Indy Stern ULTIMATE Pro - full playfield

TerryRed default.cfg with No Playfield Apron examples:

Jaws ULTIMATE Pro - no playfield apron

Indy Stern ULTIMATE Pro - no playfield apron

bciarcia
    Participant
    @bciarcia

Hey Terry,

First, like everyone else, I want to thank you for all the hard work you and the others put into this, and for putting up with all our questions.. :)

Can you just clarify one thing for me with FP and using a real DMD?  I have PinDMDv3.  If I want the DMD to work with the tables, i need to use FPintercept, correct?  If, and only if, there is a pup-pack, can i use the PUPdmd, right?

So if I download, lets say Indy (stern) from Slams website, since i dont see a PUPpack for it, I would need to use FPIntercept.  When looking at the instructions for FPintercept, it says it only supports up to V2.  Is there anything else out there that I can use?  Do you think using futureDMD would work with V3?

Thanks in advance

TerryRed
    @terryred

Hey Terry,

First, like everyone else, I want to thank you for all the hard work you and the others put into this, and for putting up with all our questions.. :)

Can you just clarify one thing for me with FP and using a real DMD? I have PinDMDv3. If I want the DMD to work with the tables, i need to use FPintercept, correct? If, and only if, there is a pup-pack, can i use the PUPdmd, right?

So if I download, lets say Indy (stern) from Slams website, since i dont see a PUPpack for it, I would need to use FPIntercept. When looking at the instructions for FPintercept, it says it only supports up to V2. Is there anything else out there that I can use? Do you think using futureDMD would work with V3?

Thanks in advance

I have no personal experience with using real DMDs, so I can’t tell you the compatibility with FPIntercept and PinDMD 3.

Make sure the FP DMD is set to 128×32 on the FP Bakclgass.

PinEvent tables are the only PUPDMD based FP tables. For those tables, it will use pupdmdcontrol (from Nailbuster) to mirror the PUP LCD DMD (from the table and pup-pack) to a real DMD using dmddevice.ini and dmddevice.dll (just like VPX does).

If FPIntercept doesn’t work, you have one more option…

You “could” use FutureDMD to display a virtual DMD window of the FP DMD. (FutureDMD is based off of FPIntercept)

It would need to be set to 512×128.

Then you would display it on your Backglass screen…hidden behind the FP BG. Be sure its working first. Read FutureDMd guide for more info.

Then you would use pupdmdcontrol.EXE to mirror FutureDMD window to your real DMD. More info about pupdmdcontrol

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=hardware

The command is just:

PUPDMDControl.exe FP

So you would launch both FutureDMD (setup properly) and pupdmdcontrol with the above command when launching FP Tables.

Done.

bciarcia
    Participant
    @bciarcia

Excellent..  I will try this out..  One other question, since the pinevent tables will use pupdmd, how do I tell pinup front end to use futuredmd/fpintercept for the other tables?

TerryRed
    @terryred

Excellent.. I will try this out.. One other question, since the pinevent tables will use pupdmd, how do I tell pinup front end to use futuredmd/fpintercept for the other tables?

You can setup a Pinevent only emulator and NOT run FPIntercept / FutureDMD / FP Backglass / Arcade mode….

….and have the normal FP emulator run FutureDMD and FPIntercept like normal.

OR you can do all of this with Popper from one FP emulator, and set it all up in the launch script to work with Games Manager,etc. The PinEvent install guide has more details.

bciarcia
    Participant
    @bciarcia

So, theoretically, i can do this in the startup script;

if “[custom1]”==”NoBackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “ArcadeMode” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
    if “[custom1]”==”NoBackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “SecondMonitorEnable” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

if” [custom1]”==”NoPup”(
    cd “c:\games\Future Pinball”
    START “” “FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1
    )

and then put NoPup as the launch parameter for those games, right?

TerryRed
    @terryred

So, theoretically, i can do this in the startup script;

if “[custom1]”==”NoBackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “ArcadeMode” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

if “[custom1]”==”NoBackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “SecondMonitorEnable” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

if” [custom1]”==”NoPup”(

cd “c:\games\Future Pinball”

START “” “FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1

)

and then put NoPup as the launch parameter for those games, right?

Yes, that’s the idea… though you could use Custom2 instead and use Custom Variable 2, or Custom3 and use Custom Variable 3 in Games Manager.

You can have as many as you want to use with each one and then that allows you flexibility for whatever you need per game.

This is one of Popper’s big advantages over all other front-ends. It’s very powerful and flexible once you understand a few basic script examples.

So you can have launch script commands for PinEvent, NoBackglass, NoDOFLinx, NoFutureDMD, NoFPIntercept, or whatever mix you want and have any of those be used in one launch script with whatever you do or don’t want to do for any game.

bciarcia
    Participant
    @bciarcia

Sweet.. that makes things much easier..  Thanks Terry

Unclewilly
    Participant
    @unclewilly

So far great results with this in vr.
    Strangely ive played 2 tables in vr, perfectly smooth no stutter.
    Im using an oculus quest with virtual desktop and a dedicated 5ghz router.
    Time to bump up th aa settings.

One question. For vr. Have you tried using a frontend on the desktop to launch fp in vr?
    Wondering if the controls will stay functional that way. In vp you would lose your controller

TerryRed
    @terryred

So far great results with this in vr.

Strangely ive played 2 tables in vr, perfectly smooth no stutter.

Im using an oculus quest with virtual desktop and a dedicated 5ghz router.

Time to bump up th aa settings.

One question. For vr. Have you tried using a frontend on the desktop to launch fp in vr?

Wondering if the controls will stay functional that way. In vp you would lose your controller

Awesome!

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t have a Quest, so I need this kind of feedback…and it’s great to hear from you Willy!

Let me know what you think of the newer tables like RetroFlair BAM Edition (PinEvent) or SLAM’s new Ultimate Pro tables that use newer BAM physics but also new BAM feature for lighting and loads of other things. Curious how you think they play, but also what you think of the newer lighting and rendering and shadowmaps,etc.

With my Rift S, I use Popper (desktop theme) running in Oculus Desktop in VR using my cabinets controls (not Oculus touch controls).

I can launch FP VR tables… then they switch to FP VR and I can play like normal… then exit back to Popper in VR.

I used to have annoying SteamVR focus problems, so I used a program like cmdow to minimize the SteamVR window when launching tables… then closing it when exiting,etc as needed. I use OpenComposite DLL now, so I don’t deal with that now (but don’t use that DLL if your setup is working good.)

cdnbum88
    Participant
    @cdnbum88

Good evening. Got some things set up in visual pinball and wanted to try future pinball. Watched Terry’s videos (man o man lot’s of stuff to understand and thanks for all that great info!!) and I am getting an error 5163 FF_INT and game won’t play.

Also, I am still confused on the physics piece of the equation. I downloaded the x64 exe from site on video, but did not download the others like 2.5, 2.6… this MOTU has 2.6 in the title, so does that I mean to use that exe to make this work? I just copied the x64 one and changed the name to be the executable as I believe the video notes.

I feel like I am doing something wrong with those exe’s and also that table has an xml that I have in the tables folder but I also placed it in BAM XML folder to, was that correct?

I am sure some silly mistakes that are easily remedied.

Thanks

Attachments:
    TerryRed
    @terryred

Good evening. Got some things set up in visual pinball and wanted to try future pinball. Watched Terry’s videos (man o man lot’s of stuff to understand and thanks for all that great info!!) and I am getting an error 5163 FF_INT and game won’t play.

Also, I am still confused on the physics piece of the equation. I downloaded the x64 exe from site on video, but did not download the others like 2.5, 2.6… this MOTU has 2.6 in the title, so does that I mean to use that exe to make this work? I just copied the x64 one and changed the name to be the executable as I believe the video notes.

I feel like I am doing something wrong with those exe’s and also that table has an xml that I have in the tables folder but I also placed it in BAM XML folder to, was that correct?

I am sure some silly mistakes that are easily remedied.

Thanks

FF_INT

That is a DOFLinx error. The table you are trying to run is a DOFLinx modded table which needs DOFLinx.vbs installed in FuturePinball\Scripts just to run. If you want to use DOF feedback and Lighting for a cabinet with the table then you need to install, setup and run DOFLinx. The guide has all the info and of course a video :)

Before I go onto the rest… I point out at the top of the guide that some things in the videos are now out of date due to the nature of videos being more difficult to just update when things change.

BAM has had MANY updates right after I did those videos that changes MANY things for the better.

The video portions about using the modded FuturePinball EXEs is not accurate anymore! That is no longer needed!

You only use the original FuturePinball.exe now and use FPLoader.exe to run FP. BAM will give options to hide both the FP logo at table startup automatically…and also it can hide HUD overlays for cabinet views.

There’s also more info in the Mega Guide about new tables vs old tables for physics and XMLs.

Read the Mega Guide for more info on all all the above to give you updated info.

I would start using SLAMT1LT’s table of his site as a start first as they are fully updated for physics and BAM and are good examples to start with.

cdnbum88
    Participant
    @cdnbum88

Thanks for those details.

I gave up on that version of MOTU and found Deadpool and it plays, so that is start, but as you can see even though I have fullscreen checked on BG, I am getting this smaller screen. Is this how it was built?

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW