How to load up a VPT table?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jchillin111
    Participant
      @jchillin111

Hey all.

After tons of trial and error yesterday, I was able to get my first VPX tables running!

Today, I just downloaded The Simpsons Pinball Party table, and it is a VPT file. I tried to run it via VPX, but the option to select the table isn’t available. What should I do?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

You open VP9.95.exe in visual pinball folder first – and then use file -> open. Later on, when yo get a frontend, well, you have to separate vp9 from pm5 and vpx and tell the frontend what exe to use for each type of table.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Diguelo
        Participant
          @diguelo

Explains the assortment of exe files in the installation.

As for seperating the googleplatz from the oojymaflip, is there any chance of a link to a detailed explanation of this action and how you get to actually play these wonderful designs. All my file open filters look for are .vpt.

Ill add the link here you sent me for the installation info, others may wish to use it.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=160

Kind of a get started playing these tables, then I can start looking at designing.

Silver ball go that way, as eyes went this way, GAME OVER !!

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

First you pick the frontend, then you read the documentation for it. One of PinballX, PinballY or Pinup Popper. Since you are starting fresh, I kind of recommend having a look at Pinpu popper first and it already well documented. https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?