HULK Mad! going to rehab

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

That looks sweet!  I really like how shiny all of the steel pieces turned out.

What is your process for applying and finishing the KBS Diamond clear?  The finish looks really nice!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Unrelated. But, since you mentioned snow I just had to reply. I’m totally worn out today. Snowed pretty much yesterday and I didn’t manage to keep up with it all. And of course today it has been raining so the snow weighs a million ton it feels. Was hoping for a relaxing afternoon playing some games, now I’m just dead tired. Good thing, I have the day off tomorrow. God damn it if it starts to snow again now :-(

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Thanks Scott.

Let’s see, sanded 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, 3000 (only because it was in a bundle), then mcguires medium cut, then swirl remover n polish both with a da buffer, then hand waxed. That’s it.

Scottacus
          Participant
            @scottacus
            MembervipContributor

What kind of wax did you use, car wax, paste wax other?

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

The good stuff, Carnauba  :good:  kinda spendy, but works great, used it on my truck last time I washed it too.

https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

And that is a pretty big tub of it

Went back to the shop got some more progress, cleaned and/or rebuilt all the coil assemblies, rubbers on (can you sense a trend here?), starting to look like a pinball again!

IMG_20190214_171322

LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

You know what that probably needs? Bright green rubbers. But I also know the Titan silicon competition bands aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. ;-)

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

green would be cool if it was the right green. as much as I don’t see colors correctly I’m kinda picky about them being the right match or contrast.  I think black is the safer bet, but maybe in the future if/when I need to replace these I’ll give it a shot.

I’m thinking about what to put on alien star as it’s next up on the Hulk-o-maticâ„¢.  I’ll be putting new black rails on it as well, was thinking clear rubbers, but maybe yellow or orange to pop with the playfield art might be cool.. or might be too much  :unsure:   also should I stick with the white bumper bodies on there or go with something else.. too many choices!

IMG_20190126_171001

Scottacus
                  Participant
                    @scottacus
                    MembervipContributor

I’d go with whatever was stock but of course go with what you like.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

stock is an option, which would have been white rubbers because I think that’s all the did then, I think it could be much better with something else although i do very much like the sleek plain white pop bumper bodies and skirts and white rubbers do kind of tie in with those pretty well.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

If it was me. Orange. Sounds like it would fit the art. But, I totally understand reasoning behind white too. You can’t go wrong whatever you choose between those two.

LynnInDenver
                        Participant
                          @lynnindenver

green would be cool if it was the right green. as much as I don’t see colors correctly I’m kinda picky about them being the right match or contrast. I think black is the safer bet, but maybe in the future if/when I need to replace these I’ll give it a shot.

There is the contrast… it would either need to be a nice “middle of the road” green, or a really bright lurid green if not an actual “glows green under UV”. I’m not sure what Titan is currently stocking in colors, because we’ve been set since I dropped a set on our machine.

I’m thinking about what to put on alien star as it’s next up on the Hulk-o-matic™. I’ll be putting new black rails on it as well, was thinking clear rubbers, but maybe yellow or orange to pop with the playfield art might be cool.. or might be too much :unsure: also should I stick with the white bumper bodies on there or go with something else.. too many choices!

Clear rubber is always a great choice if you don’t want to do white, but want to do subtle. It works well with patina faded playfields, and lets the GI shine a little more onto the playfield. We did that on Solar Ride (it calls for white in the manual), and it works really well.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

White rubber is a bitch to keep clean as you know but looks so good i think.

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

bord
                              @bord
                              MembervipContributorModerator

If only there was an emulator that would let you try out different rubber colors before doing it on yer real one…

Personally, I’d go orange rubber and white pops.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

If only there was an emulator that would let you try out different rubber colors before doing it on yer real one…

Personally, I’d go orange rubber and white pops.

if only!

for IOS and Android

Muhammedwally
                                Participant
                                  @muhammedwally

Yes, the magic wand to start with is a quick way for selecting. I prefer a bit more control by using the pen tool to create a path. On the layers/paths/channels dialog box on the right, at the bottom of the paths tab, there are 4 or 5 icons. one of them will make a selection out of the path. Paths are great because they can be extensively edited and saved unlike a selection. Great for trying out different options. The vote? I say no border. To me, the green border looks like a bad silkscreen print where the colors don’t line up, but sometimes that’s a good thing.

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

It’s Alive!!!!!

IMG_20190302_163842

forgive the bad cell phone pic, even I can tell the colors are wack.  spent pretty much all day on it today and finally got it all back together and in the cabinet.  a few things still to tweak but everything works except the knocker, need to do some research on that one.

I’ve played several games, it’s weirdly like the vp table  :wacko:    :yahoo:    That left kicker that hits the ball up through the spinner can be tweaked a little bit, but best I’ve been able to do is about 1 in 10 make it to the bonus x rollovers up top.  When I first tried it the ball wouldn’t even fit the wire guides are that tight.  then I got it to fit and it shot it right into the post to the right of the spinner.  playing around with the wire guides quite a bit and moved the arm as much as I can under the table without drilling new holes, but I don’t think I’ll be able to get consistent shots to the top unless I move the wire guides  :unsure:    oh well, that is apparently how they all are.  fun machine and quite a bit different layout and play wise from the rest of the collection.  glad to have it and likely will get it up to the cabin with spider-man sometime after the snow melts, I think the two need to be together.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Congratulations! Would love to see a video walk around of the cab!

for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                                      Participant
                                        @scottacus
                                        MembervipContributor

Congratulations on a job very well done!  :good: :good: :good:

Like Randr says, we need video to see the table fully in all of its glory.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Yes. Please. Video would be great.

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

You asked for it… but I ain’t no videographer.

This does have an aftermarket all-in-one board (Flippp Pascal Janin PI-1X/4) that replaces the stock power, mpu and driver boards and adds things such as the attract mode lighting you’ll see and some things like skill shot, ball save and light animations, most of which I have turned off.  Couple things I need to tweak, the main ones being the right flipper sticks a little bit you may notice in the gameplay, and the plastic above the drop targets is warped enough it actually somewhat blocks the targets from going down occasionally, going to try and flatten that out and/or raise it up on slightly taller posts.

Hopefully this works.

video tour:

poor gameplay:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 84 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?