Hyperball (Williams 1981) – Analog Controls Version

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    DarthMarino
    Participant
      @darthmarino

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/hyperball-williams-1981-analog-controls-version/

***THIS TABLE WILL NOT WORK WITH FLIPPER BUTTONS!!!***

The purpose of this release is to allow for analog control input in Hyperball. The original table had two rotating handles that could be turned to aim anywhere on the playfield.  The digital controls make it hard to make precise shots and to turn quickly from one side of the table to the other.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

Could this work with spinner dials?

3dcreation

Gwen
        Participant
          @gwen

Awesome,  I have been hoping for this one =)

Gwen
          - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

DarthMarino
          Participant
            @darthmarino

I haven’t had any luck.  The input program does mention mouse inputs but when I try to use them in VPX I get an error.

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

Could It be set up so when the plunge is all the way in the controllers are shooting left and when
              you pull it it out they would go to the right
              Plunger Setup like this
              https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36108&page=2#entry413506

DarthMarino
              Participant
                @darthmarino

Could It be set up so when the plunge is all the way in the controllers are shooting left and when

you pull it it out they would go to the right

Plunger Setup like this

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36108&page=2#entry413506

When I released the VP9 version, some people mentioned they were playing it that way.  You just have to identify which axis it’s using.

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

I haven’t had any luck. The input program does mention mouse inputs but when I try to use them in VPX I get an error.

That sucks, would be perfect with my cocktail cab if I could use 2 spinner dials to play. :(

Maybe the error can be resolved some day.

3dcreation

DarthMarino
                  Participant
                    @darthmarino

I haven’t had any luck. The input program does mention mouse inputs but when I try to use them in VPX I get an error.

That sucks, would be perfect with my cocktail cab if I could use 2 spinner dials to play. :(

It’s weird since I can get the mouse value to show up in a text box but as soon I try to use it to change the angle it gives the error “Variable uses an Automation type not supported in VBScript”

rascal
                    Participant
                      @rascal
                      MemberContributor

It’s weird since I can get the mouse value to show up in a text box but as soon I try to use it to change the angle it gives the error “Variable uses an Automation type not supported in VBScript”

Look at my Bally Sharpshooter project. I have it so it can use the mouse to aim the gun.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/bally-sharpshooter-1961-vpx/

But as stated this plugin is old and kind of hinky as far as working. It would be nice if maybe VP10.7 or VP 11 would allow access to the joystick and mouse control values a bit better. Variables that we could read the values would be nice.

DarthMarino
                      Participant
                        @darthmarino

Look at my Bally Sharpshooter project. I have it so it can use the mouse to aim the gun.

But as stated this plugin is old and kind of hinky as far as working. It would be nice if maybe VP10.7 or VP 11 would allow access to the joystick and mouse control values a bit better. Variables that we could read the values would be nice.

OK, I got it running with my spinner and it works great.  I think it just needed the right variables in the right order.  I am looking at Sharpshooter to also use the mouse buttons for Z-Bomb and Autofire toggle. I might just include two versions in the download so people don’t have to pull their hair out adjusting the script.

rascal
                        Participant
                          @rascal
                          MemberContributor

OK, I got it running with my spinner and it works great. I think it just needed the right variables in the right order. I am looking at Sharpshooter to also use the mouse buttons for Z-Bomb and Autofire toggle. I might just include two versions in the download so people don’t have to pull their hair out adjusting the script.

Sounds good dude. You might be able to just put some options at the top of the script to enable or disable controls. I think I kind of did that in the Sharpshooter too. That’s completely up to you.

Zagatto
                          Participant
                            @zagatto

What did you do to get the spinner working?

I’ve got a TurboTwist that behaves like a mouse. Poking around in the vbs file I saw variables for mousex but when I tried enabling it the whole game crashed.

I’m still trying different things to get it to work but would appreciate some guidance if you have a tip or two to share.

Thanks

DarthMarino
                            Participant
                              @darthmarino

What did you do to get the spinner working?

I’ve got a TurboTwist that behaves like a mouse. Poking around in the vbs file I saw variables for mousex but when I tried enabling it the whole game crashed.

I’m still trying different things to get it to work but would appreciate some guidance if you have a tip or two to share.

Thanks

I just uploaded a new revision that includes a mouse-control version.  Try it out and let me know if it works well with your spinner.

Zagatto
                              Participant
                                @zagatto

Thanks… I have to wait till after work but will definitely be checking this out tonight.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?