I Dream of Jeannie – Genie Mod WIP

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    cryptdoctor21
    Participant
      @cryptdoctor

Hi all!

I am back in the pinball world again after some time away!  I have been having a great time downloading and test running all the amazing new tables that I had missed before.  This site is doing great as I can see!  Big thanks to Randr and the gang for this forum and all the goodies!

First, let me thank 32assassin for his beautiful VPX version of Genie by Gottlieb!!  I have used his great table for this graphic mod project!!  He is the MAN!!

I started to work on this project about 2 years ago.  I had the idea of modding Gottlieb’s Genie with the I Dream of Jeannie theme and graphics.  I got pretty far with the artwork and visual stuff, still some changes and additions needed to art…but fairly close to finished.

UPDATE:

I am REALLY excited that Xenonph is going to be able to work his magic with one of his famous Sound Mods for this table!!!  I am such a fan of his work on many other tables!!  I can only imagine what he has in store for Jeannie, but I know it will be great!! :mail:

Thank you so much Xenonph for this HUGE contribution to the table!!!  Once again, this awesome community jumps in to lend a hand and technical ability!!~Woo-Hoo!!!

I will continue to post updates here on the progress!!

Thanks to all for the “likes” and kind words!!

UPDATE!!!!!

There is GREAT news to report about the I Dream of Jeannie VPX WIP table progress!!!

The collaboration with Xenonph has been such a great experience!!  He has really put his

heart and soul into ALL of his efforts on Jeannie!!  Not only his incredible sound work,

but also fast flippers, new controller method added in script, JPSalas GI effects added,

magna save music option added, purple LED’s added…and that’s not all!!!

The music and sound that Xenonph has done surpasses anything I could have dreamed of!!

The theme is based on the 1973 Hanna-Barbera cartoon “Jeannie”.  There are many of

the AWESOME zany and wacky sound effects from the cartoon, and several versions of

the theme song too!!!!!  I’ll include more details of all that he contributed, great

ideas he had, and being an all around great guy…. on the official release!!

I can’t thank Xenonph enough for everything!!!!  We are both really excited to release the

table jointly and we both give BIG props to 32assassin for the amazing table build he did of

Gottlieb’s Genie that we used for this project!!  All of 32assassin’s releases are tip top quality

and highly recommended to all!!!  Thank you!!

More to come soon!!

UPDATE!!

Great news to report!!!  I Dream of Jeannie Pinball is ready for it’s official release!!!

Xenonph and I have been putting in some late nights, and really having a great time

getting Jeannie ready for her debut!!

Xenonph has gone completely above and beyond the call of duty with his efforts on

this pinball project!!  I will include all the details of his modifications and changes

made to Jeannie in the official release… it is a long list of big and small changes

which have pushed this pinball table to the next level!!

Be sure to check the VPX table page here at VPINBALL soon for version 1.0

of I Dream of Jeannie!!

Thanks once again to Xenonph for his essential role in transforming I Dream of

Jeannie into the finely tuned machine she is now…and the sound mod which was

crafted to perfection!!

Huge thanks and props to 32assassin, HauntFreaks, Fuzzel for the super VPX

version of Genie by Gottlieb which we used for this project!

Thanks a lot to Darquayle for the excellent B2S backglass which we used and

modified for this project!!

We are very proud and excited to be able to share this new pinball table with

the great community here…and we really hope everybody enjoys it!!!

Check back soon for the official download at the VPX tables page here.

Thanks to ALL of the great builders and contributors who make this such a fun and exciting hobby!!

Updated media picsI Dream of Jeannie (Original 2019) CryptDoctor21 Xenonph backglassI Dream of Jeannie (Original 2019) CryptDoctor21 Xenonph desktopI Dream of Jeannie (Original 2019) CryptDoctor21 Xenonph full screenI Dream of Jeannie (Original 2019) CryptDoctor21 Xenonph wheel

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

:good:

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Very cool! @Xenonph  this is right up your alley

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
          bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Clever idea. Nice work so far.

cryptdoctor21
            Participant
              @cryptdoctor

Thanks guys!!

I remembered this project and pulled it out of the closet and blew the dust off.  I think it can be a fun game with the help of the community.  I’ll update this thread as the game progresses.  Definitely no shortage of great games here…but the more…the merrier!!!

Cheers!!

Micronaut
              Participant
                @micronaut

i need help,please  :cry:

i can`t load the table, :-(   2 errors script received :

line 1 : Option Explicit

line 345 : ChgLed = Controller.ChangedLEDs(&Hffffffff, &Hffffffff)

i play in desktop mode

cryptdoctor21
                Participant
                  @cryptdoctor

Hi Micronaut!

I am not very skilled in the technical side of VP.   Here is a link to a thread with a similar issue.  The advice given will possibly help you.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/problems-with-vpx/

I am running VPX.5 mostly and VPX.6 beta for the new realeases.  “Make sure that all the new vp scripts(.vbs) are installed only in scripts folder” inside your: Visual Pinball/Scripts folder.  Thanks Randr!!

The game runs fine for me in desktop and fullscreen mode…however the desktop and fullscreen POV’s both need some tweaking.  I noticed the ball grows larger near the top of the playfield in FS mode.

I also noticed that the ball can become stuck bouncing between the pop bumper and kick-out hole in upper right corner of playfield.

Thank goodness there are many tech wizards here who are willing to help!!

Check back and let us know if you are able to get the game running…good luck!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Micronaut
                  Participant
                    @micronaut

Hi Micronaut!

I am not very skilled in the technical side of VP. Here is a link to a thread with a similar issue. The advice given will possibly help you.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/problems-with-vpx/

I am running VPX.5 mostly and VPX.6 beta for the new realeases. “Make sure that all the new vp scripts(.vbs) are installed only in scripts folder” inside your: Visual Pinball/Scripts folder. Thanks Randr!!

The game runs fine for me in desktop and fullscreen mode…however the desktop and fullscreen POV’s both need some tweaking. I noticed the ball grows larger near the top of the playfield in FS mode.

I also noticed that the ball can become stuck bouncing between the pop bumper and kick-out hole in upper right corner of playfield.

Thank goodness there are many tech wizards here who are willing to help!!

Check back and let us know if you are able to get the game running…good luck!

thanks for your answer.
                    I currently have 1.06 beta of VPX and the scripts files are updated.
                    I’m going to reserve the table and wait for the creators to publish new revisions of VPX 1.06, maybe later I’ll be able to execute this magnificent GENIE mod, which I also thank you as if I could play it  :bye:

Micronaut
                    Participant
                      @micronaut

I found the solution;  :yahoo:
                      after reviewing line 13 in the script, change: “Const cController = 1” by: Const cController = 3
                      Now it works  ;-)

cryptdoctor21
                      Participant
                        @cryptdoctor

YES!!!!

I’m very glad that you found the solution!!!  Thanks a lot for sharing it here also!!  I’m sure there will be others with the same issue who can get help here!!  It sure feels great to be able to solve these issues!!  Just like real pinball…repair and maintenance is half the fun!!  I currently have real Sopranos and Ripleys pinball machines (loves of my life!!!).  Also last week a co-worker gave me 2 vintage Atari arcade machines…Asteroids and Tempest!!  He had them since 1985!

I realized that I still need to add the wording and numbers to the playfield artwork of I Dream of Jeannie!  I will try to get the artwork more finalized over the next several days, and I will post a more complete version (graphically) before long.

Thanks for the kind words!!  I’m very happy that you are enjoying playing the table!!  It will be cool with the theme music from the show…and the funny boinggg sound Jeannie made when she did magic!!

I will create and post a B2S backglass for the table here soon also.  I am very amateurish at making backglasses, but I think I can make one that will be good enough until some of the experts step in with something mind blowing!!

Salute!! :good:

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

you should use the “new” controller way maybe?

On Error Resume Next
                          ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile(“controller.vbs”)
                          If Err Then MsgBox “Can’t open controller.vbs”
                          On Error Goto 0

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

cryptdoctor21
                          Participant
                            @cryptdoctor

Here is a wheel Image to help inspire progress!

I hope you like it.

B2S Backglass is now posted below as well and front end media images.

This backglass is more temporary until a nice high quality one can be made!

Cheers!I Dream of Jeannie (CryptDoctor21) Wheel

cryptdoctor21
                            Participant
                              @cryptdoctor

Here is a B2S backglass and front end media for this table!  I welcome anyone to modify this backglass or to create a new better one.  I will gladly supply my photoshop files to anyone interested.  Making image snipits will be easy the way I have layered the individual art pieces for this graphic.

Cheers!!  I Dream of Jeannie Backglass

cryptdoctor21
                              Participant
                                @cryptdoctor

Front End Media Images!

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

You have talent in the arts there is no doubt about that. looks great :good:

for IOS and Android

cryptdoctor21
                                  Participant
                                    @cryptdoctor

Thanks  soo much, Randr!!!  I reallllly appreciate that…and I am encouraged to do more

in the future!!!  This is such a great site and forum with an amazing community!!

xenonph
                                    Participant
                                      @xenonph
                                      MemberContributor

What a great table!!!

You really did a magnificent job!!!

It was a pleasure to help you with the sound effects.

Carry on my friend.

cryptdoctor21
                                      Participant
                                        @cryptdoctor

Really fun project!!!  Can’t wait to get some more tables going in the near future!!

Magnifique!!

:yes:

cv2065
                                        Participant
                                          @cv2065

Thank you for a great table. Work of art!  I take it the ROM file is identical to the original Genie table? Sorry…new to the forum so just learning my way here.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?