I have an idea for some cool front end loading videos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    softfish
    Participant
      @softfish

I’m trying to import a table into 3dsmax and wanted to know if there is an easy way to import with all the textures or if someone could maybe offer some guidance how.

I’d like to import each table and make an animation. First with nothing of the table visible and slowly unhiding parts of the table or sliding them into place as the table is loading.

My problem is getting the textures to show up in max. Importing the model isn’t an issue and the animation part should be simple enough.

Any suggestions on the texture importing?

Mlager8
      Participant
        @mlager8

The only thing that seems to export is material colors (at least that’s what shows up in maya). If you want textures you need to export them out fo the image editor in VPX and manually assign in max. Don’t think there’s an easy way around it unfortunately

ALDiode
        Participant
          @aldiode

I made these animated gifs from screenshots using the editor to hide objects a few at a time until I got down to the playfield. I use these as loading images in PinballX

AL

Loading1loading3

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

That is actually quite neat @aldiode – but, it would look much better if there where some kind of fade effect between those pictures that this is created from. Would I use these myself ? Not sure. Doubt it. I want more or less a uniform view of my collection. So, if I all of a sudden had 3 games that was stripped down like this when the rest had regular videos in attract mode, it would just look wrong. And I don’t see anyone creation these kind of videos for all the tables that is going to be released.

Again, cool effect and idea. :good:

ALDiode
            Participant
              @aldiode

I see what you’re saying @Thalamus . I was going more for “the table is assembling while you wait” look rather than a movie quality. It would be easy enough to transition these images smoothly using a video editor. I have a bunch of these in my loading images folder and each time I load a table a different one will play. With about 1400 tables, I’m surely not going to make one for each…

AL

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Hmm. As a table loading animation – that is a great idea :good:

I would consider using it then for sure.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Really is a clever idea.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

That is pretty sharp unique idea
                    If only my cab was that clean and organized inside but then half the fun,  Is have all the toys under the TV

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?