Ice Fever complete rebuild

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    rascal
    Participant
      @rascal
      MemberContributor

Here is the manual if you need it.

http://www.progettosnaps.net/manuals/pdf/icefever.pdf

You could use the blueprint on page 47 to line things up too.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

New playfield, looks great Bord, everything is almost lined up, now back to BorgDog for his magic. then plastic alignment and little stuff

Untitled

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

number upgrade

A little playfield touchup on the inserts.  PF is great otherwise

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

yikes, dude get the right font please

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor
              1. I Tried the best I could with what I had.  The 2 is the only thing noticeably different.  If you can get it closer, I sent you a pf with no numbers and inserts updated. It looks a lot different here because the old numbers were so blurry.  On the table I think it looks very close, except the 2.  My thought is clear close font better than original and blurry
              vogliadicane
              Participant
                @vogliadicane

I agree with BorgDog and I’d like to offer my help for the font thing. Not that I am a total expert, but I am some kind of font pedant and I usually get my teeth into that font thing until I find something 99,99999999999999% matching :)

For fathom I even bought a font, because there was nothing free available…

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

BD has the PF image without the numbers on it , don’t know if he has done anything with it yet, I am away from the computer for a bit if you want to message him, thanks for the offer

CarnyPriest
                  Participant
                    @carnypriest

I agree with BorgDog and I’d like to offer my help for the font thing. Not that I am a total expert, but I am some kind of font pedant and I usually get my teeth into that font thing until I find something 99,99999999999999% matching :)

For fathom I even bought a font, because there was nothing free available…

… and then if there is nothing that you can even buy that is a close enough match then you are modifying fonts in FontForge.

bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

I touched up a little text on the playfield with the limited time I had to spend on it. Arial black bold was a close match if you add an outer stroke and then make a few detail tweaks. Not sure about the numbers but hopefully it will be that easy.

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

I did quite a few font and insert touchups this afternoon.  different varitions of Futura was pretty good for most of it, the 1,2,3,4 on the inserts I got close match then did manual touchups to them to match the originals.  sending table back to Tom in just a minute.

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

anybody seen primitives for these guys?  they support the large top rail on Ice fever and other Gottlieb games.  my usual sources have come up dry.

i have some in one of my machines so may end up having to make them  :unsure:

this is the mid rail support, kinda under the top arch area

support

these to go together to hold the looped end of the rail

base    cap

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

I’ve not seen them anywhere

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

Was watching the TNT Ice Fever video today trying to figure out a few things like the top lights and the replay light is actually purple.  I also didn’t play it with the backglass much and didn’t realize that there is a moving “puck” in the backglass.  what a cool addition great job Wildman.  If you watch the TNT video, again big fan of his work atleast the creative side, he is building one for Pete Rose!  The score displays are two different colors, one set blue one green.  I kinda like it even if its not stock, any thoughts?

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

made the easy one, hard to see in clear so I put in white for the image.. oh and a tad bigger :)

Untitled-1

cool thing about this one is the hole inside is off center so you can turn it and it acts like a cam to push against the rail.. oh dang, I forgot the inner sleeve for the screw

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Nice an eccentric cam.

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

This one is actually two pieces but I made it as one, bit more complicated. turned out ok for something most people will never even see.

Untitled-1

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Looks great. Not being able to zoom in this app sucks!

for IOS and Android

Mark70
                                      Participant
                                        @mark70

Looks great. Not being able to zoom in this app sucks!

but don’t rate it bad because of this in the app store :)

rascal
                                        Participant
                                          @rascal
                                          MemberContributor

Man, you guys really are perfectionists.  :good:

Can you recommend a good font identifier site?

bord
                                            @bord
                                            MembervipContributorModerator

I can usually find what I need between Fontsquirrel and whatthefont.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?