Screw it, Ill put this shit back up because Bigus1 deserves it

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

Go read the comments at VPF for “ID4 (Sega 1996)_Bigus(MOD) 1.0”

Or here it is:

bass

Bigus1 has no business being allowed to mod anyones tables because all he does is makes a few small changes that probably takes him less than an hour and then releases the table as his.  I don’t mind people improving things but when he mods the amount of tables that he does, he is not improving anything, he just makes it the way he likes it.

The bad part is YOU, spend days, months years building a table and then he comes along and sometimes mods it within days, often without crediting anyone or even asking permission.  Then, new people come along and see two tables, the original and a mod, assume its better, and then go there to ask about how HE made the table.  He is in essence hijacking your tables!

From his response I take 3 things

1.  No matter hom much work you put into a table, if he doesn’t like something, he will change it and its now his
      2. Everyone that spends more time than he does “building” a table, is wasting their time and should take lessons from him because it takes him MUCH less
      3. I don’t know what exactly he means from his “Guatemala” comment, but I can only assume that its a reference to Taito or any of the other Spanish companies or maybe even European tables that aren’t Willimas, Bally, Stern…  If I were someone like JP Salas, I might be severly offended by that.

Why would you ever allow this guy to mod something that you spent so much time on.

Case in point

The previous author chimes in with his thoughts…. I am making it well known that he will never mod one of my tables and I hope this opens some eyes.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

Not worth my time

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

You weren’t wrong but you are also right. Not worth anyone’s time. We’ve got real work to do and forget the rest.

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

I know it’s just irritating.  Thanks @bord

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

Now I’m curious as to what I missed lol

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

You missed the usual… a general unapologetic lack of respect by some

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

The bottom line is people spend a lot of time on these tables and then other people do a couple mods, add their name to the end of it and then release it.  They hijack the table by doing about 1 hour of work and then call it theirs.  Not happening on this site, thanks @thalamus and @randr, but its irritating.  Lets move on

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

No way to avoid it.  Just know there is a solid group on this site that very much appreciates the work you and the other artists share.

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

@Bord, were you always a moderator??

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Not been on site a lot lately what did i miss? B-)

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

Bord is a moderator and Tom didn’t know

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

Updated my first post due to new information,

LynnInDenver
                            Participant
                              @lynnindenver

Generally speaking, he really isn’t worth it. I deal with him myself by just not downloading anything he’s worked on – he doesn’t get representation on my cabinet. It’s only a matter of time before he pisses off an author that shouldn’t be pissed off that actually has enough community pull that people finally start noticing (again). It doesn’t help that he’s not really offering anything outside of absolutely cosmetic improvements.

I maintain a list of “authors I won’t download”, and that list has two on it right now… and the only reason it may not get a third soon is that the potential candidate doesn’t make tables anyway.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                              Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                              Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?