This topic contains 30 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Brew 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
     Rodrigo sinoreto 
    Participant

Indian Jones The Pinball Adventure contains 12 game modes and a mini playfields

Beam me up ….to your Cab

tested with theIndiana Jones The Pinball Adventure (Willians 1993),  table, works with rom ij_l7

Thank you to Terry Hagerty e Frank Heming or help with  troubleshooting.nk

This PuPPack requires Pinup Popper and Pinup Player installed and updated to 1.4 or higher.

System: Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

Features:

-16: 9 Widescreen for the Backglassvideos

-different Videos for all modes on every Level matching the Gameplay

-animated Backglassunderlay, different for every Mode

-13 different overlay frames changing in every modus.

-works with all cabinet configurations (DMD can be positioned in the bottom text area if required)

-over 100 PuPCapture DMD images being monitored

REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT!

Visual Pinball X 10.5 All in One or higher installed (this is to include newest B2S Server):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/

PinMAME 3.2 beta or higher installed:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/

PINUP SYSTEM (1.4 or higher):

PinUP System 1.4 FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup. (The Pinup Popper front-end is not required for PuP-Packs, for those who use another front-end)

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=upgrade_v14&fbclid=IwAR1akUUjVX7FFPwftfM5GfKvBwf3oxFxJskg5FGS3nrPBk2uIDQtsIaexPY

DMDEXT:

DMDExt 1.71 (32 bit/x86 files only!) or higher installed in your VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUPCapture!

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the freezy dmdext DMD for specific images to trigger videos and music (PuPCapture). This needs both the freezy 1.71+ "dmddevice.dll" file, and the Pinup Player "dmddevicePUP.dll" file in your VPinMAME folder.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

PINMAME:

In the PinMAME settings for Indiana Jones (press F1 during gameplay):

- you must have "Use External DMD (DLL)" enabled. This will enable the freezy dmdext dmddevice.dll to be used, which is needed for PuPCapture.

- have "Ignore Rom CRC Errors" enabled. (to allow the use of a custom rom)

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.71 files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD a specific colour for PuP-Packs in VPX!

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

PinUPPlayerB2SDriver and B2S SERVER SETTINGS:

Be sure that your PuPB2s Driver and B2S server settings are setup and working correctly so you don't get any errors.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NO DIRECTB2S BACKGLASS RUNNING:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Simply make sure you have a copy of your favorite Star Trek table (intended only for use with this PuP-Pack), and make sure it is named VERY differently to your directb2s file, so when you launch that copy of your table it won't launch the directb2s!

FRONT-END MEDIA DISABLED FOR STAR TREK TABLE:

Make sure you have no media displayed on your Backglass and Topper when launching the table from a front-end.

Pinball X: In Games Manager, make sure you have "Hide Topper" and "Hide Backglass" enabled for the table you are using.

Popper: In Games Manager, for the table you are using, enter -1 In the "Keep Displays ON" field (to not use Popper media on ALL Displays when launching the table)

================================================

INSTALLATION:

Ensure there are no files in your "PUPVideos" "ij_l7" folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack "ij_l7" folder from the archive into your PUPVideos folder.

================================================

PROBLEMS:

If you have video stuttering or artifacts with PuP-Packs with VPX...  you most likely don't have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set "FPS Limiter/VSYNC" to 1, and "Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames" to 1 in VPX Video Options. This can also be set per-table in the Table's "User Customization" options, so check that as well.

Having certain programs running in the background can also cause issues as they may interfere with VLC or prevent Overlays from displaying. Try closing out other programs / processes to see if that helps resolve any issues.

To make it CLEAR. You MUST be updated "properly" to Pinup System 1.4 for this Pack to work "correctly"! Some videos may not be triggering,

If you don´t want to use Topper go to PupPackeditor and disable screen 0

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

Genesis38 
    Participant

I get a 404 page not found error. Anyone else having the same issue?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I need to upload the pak yet. Give me 30min

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Genesis38 
    Participant

Oops, sorry randr but thank you :-)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

All good now! looks cool btw thanks @rodrigosinoreto

ivantba 
    Participant

What a surprise! Thanks Rodrigo!

Malinas 
    Participant

Wonderful! <3 Very nice work. THANX!

Mlager8 
    Participant

This is fantastic! Made one of fav tables even better, great work…

coreduo0099 
    Participant

Odd, this PUP does not play, yet all my others do.  (e.g. attack from mars, batman, tron, etc…)

Anyone else having issues getting it to fire up?

NailBuster 
    ModeratorMember

What does your puplog.txt show?

coreduo0099 
    Participant

Ahh, I was looking for a log, but I didn’t know where the log file was when I was troubleshooting (Now I found it in VPinMame)…That would have been good to check.  I was looking in the pinup directory.  Thanks for the tip.

Coincidentally I, just tried the new start trek and no luck there either.  So it seemed to be 1.4 related.

I decided to run the various setup bat files such as ‘PinUPPopperRegister.bat’ and windows defender popped up a virus detection, proceeded to remove/scrub leaving original windows exe in place and now both table PUPs are running.

virus

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I see there was an update but what was updated?

edit: Im on it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Rodrigo sinoreto 
    Participant

I tried to make a direct update, but I did not succeed, Terry made some significant modifications in the Pup Pack, I resent the email about what happened, excuse me by the disorder.

calium 
    Participant

I dont wanna sound rude or unthankful but the Cutouts of Indy and his Dad with the big black border around the bodies looks very bad. Can you bring that in better shape or use something else instead? Whatever, thank you for the pup pack. I like the movies, the Pin and your Pup pack

Rodrigo sinoreto 
    Participant

I’m going to make the change of this Pup Pack, this is the first version, in the future I’ll change the scale to 21: 9, I’m working on a new project to rest my head, I’ve spent many days working with him. but as soon as I make the changes you will receive a notification.

Thank you for feedback

Zoltan Kovacs 
    Participant

Had an error, which solved itself, thx for the nice puppack :good:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Make sure the files are in proper structure. I noticed if you unzip it the root is doubled maybe your issue?

bschaberg21 
    Participant

I’m having issues getting this pup pack to work.  I have many others working perfectly.

Here’s my pup log results. Any help would be appreciated.

20190402 08:35:19 Open called
    20190402 08:35:19 Set Game Name thread ij_l7
    20190402 08:35:19 Start Thread Matching
    20190402 08:35:19 create PuPCap
    20190402 08:35:19 Init Game name:ij_l7
    20190402 08:35:19 Create Object Display
    20190402 08:35:19 imagedir:C:\PinUPSystem\PuPVideos\ij_l7\PuPCapture
    20190402 08:35:19 num images 109
    20190402 08:35:32 Free Object Display

BSchaberg21

NailBuster 
    ModeratorMember

whats the “issue” ?

if you have the puplog then you’re pretty much working.  maybe you’re not using the ENGLISH rom?

bschaberg21 
    Participant

Nothing will load on the backglass.

I’ll try to verify the rom this evening. Maybe a stupid question, what is the best way to check?

BSchaberg21

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account