Indianapolis 500 (Bally 1995) GM36 mod

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Gamemodder36
    Participant
      @gamemodder

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/indianapolis-500-bally-1995-gm36-mod/

This is a physics mod of sheltmke’s mod of dozer’s table. All credit goes to dozer, and sheltmke.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Reluctant to accept physics mods. If everyone started to upload changes to only physics, I alone would have several hundred to share. Also, the screenshot not showing the actual game in question doesn’t really help. At least, change that to the actual game and if you’ve made more than just physics tweaks it would be beneficial to say so too. For now, this is not going to be approved by me.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Gamemodder36
        Participant
          @gamemodder

So if i change a couple of other things you might post it?

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Well – I’ll approve, but, don’t upload only physics changes for the future.

Gamemodder36
            Participant
              @gamemodder

I will do that. Thank you so much!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Gamemodder36.
              World of VPX
              Participant
                @pincade

wow! What an awesome table, many thanks for this :-)

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

I would at least tell us what physics you changed.  If you take all the latest and greatest like nfozzys stuff and apply it to an older table then I would agree that it’s a physics “update” but if it a physics like I like it then it’s not an update.

makmak
                  Participant
                    @makmak

btw, his name is @sheltemke

sheltemke
                    Participant
                      @sheltemke

btw, his name is @sheltemke

Really doesn’t matter makmak “Sheltmake” sounds good too heh! :good:
                      About Indy500 this table still not done. If someone can add nice authentic white/blue car 3d models (those what the original machine have) that would be nice.

And then … some 3d inserts update what i learned on Vpin Workshop from Benji and Iaakki would be a nice update after that.

So always there is room for improvements.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by sheltemke.
                      • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by sheltemke.
                      BrandonLaw
                      Participant
                        @brandonlaw

I mean…I thought it was a fast, good playing machine in the first place? I wasn’t unhappy with the physics.  Guess I’ll have to give this one a chot.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Bob Albright
                        Participant
                          @bobalbright

Thank you. I like what you did

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Gamemodder36
                          Participant
                            @gamemodder

I would at least tell us what physics you changed. If you take all the latest and greatest like nfozzys stuff and apply it to an older table then I would agree that it’s a physics “update” but if it a physics like I like it then it’s not an update.

Well I took the physics from bigus’s no fear mod and changed the flipper physics.and left the upper right flipper the same. If you don’t like it let me know.

freetz
                            Participant
                              @freetz

@Thalamus pls share your physics :-)

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

My physics has evolved over time. Now, it is very close to what it is in Roth’s tutorials.

Mr_H
                                Participant
                                  @jhopwood

Good on you for trying and all that. But you lost me at Bigus, any respect went straight out the door.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Genesis38
                                  Participant
                                    @genesis38

I am not one to post, however I have to agree with Mr_H. I have posted a series of videos on my You Tube channel comparing his mods vs a non modded table and the comments are always the same. Preference is given to the un-touched tables. Not to crap on the guy, but he doesn’t list what it is hes’s changing on the physics and honestly, the tables don’t play well. Sorry, not trying to troll or shoot you down, however as Tom said on s couple of posts above, if this is a physics mod because “you like it this way”, I don’t believe it should be posted. Just my honest opinion.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Genesis38.
                                    • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Genesis38.
                                    Gamemodder36
                                    Participant
                                      @gamemodder

Guys. I just started making things. I don’t know a lot. Please forgive me. I want to build my own tables but I dont know how.

Mr_H
                                      Participant
                                        @jhopwood

All good man, I understand the whole wanting to create and give back to the community and you should – but maybe dive deeper into doing adjustments and scan the forums to get a sense of what is right and what is not so ideal. Having a swag of different releases of the same table is not ideal.

In terms of anything Bigus, stay clear – not worth wasting you time. If you want to implement physics and have it worthy of a release, highly recommend looking at the nFozzy tutorials on this site on how to implement it. And always make sure you get permission from the original table authors.

Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

@gamemodder, no worries at all.  You have taken a lot of crap on this release and your attitude is very positive…. YOU PASS!

dielated
                                          Participant
                                            @dielated

There’s alot of negative out there about bigus, however a few of his tables like Barb Wire, bone busters are still good fun, though not up to the quality we are all being treated to by the real vp gurus out there…

I don’t mind the idea of physics mods being allowed – hopefully this gets taken further to further improve the visuals one day..

I for one quite enjoy Thals Dracula mod – was kinda wishing there were similar light/medium mods for other tables so there are ‘alternate’ feeling versions pre-made out there, for a little variety.

Just my two cents. Look forward to testing this table and comparing it to the original..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?