Indianapolis 500 (Bally 1995) GM36 mod

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

There are a lot of physics mods that have not been done to tables in the past or people just don’t use the newest or best.  I am hoping that when the new version of VP comes out we have a more standardized way of rebuilding all these tables

robertms
      Participant
        @mophead

I for one quite enjoy Thals Dracula mod – was kinda wishing there were similar light/medium mods for other tables so there are ‘alternate’ feeling versions pre-made out there, for a little variety.

Thal’s Dracula mod is actually quite extensive, conceived and executed in a whole other realm than what is being discussed here. Whether you’re realizing it or not you’re making light of it by comparing it to the release in question here, or anything else by bigus for that matter. If you’re bored with the games produced by the actual authors and would like more variety don’t be afraid to tweak things in the editor, that’s the power of VPX over other virtual pinball platforms. Instead of wishing for more light/medium mods spend a few minutes reviewing the many excellent tutorials on these forums and get to experimenting. If you don’t try you’ll never learn and frankly you’re missing out on the most powerful and engaging part of this hobby.

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

This ‘mod’ plays really nice!  Wish I had the time and talent to mod/update tables.  I’m in the middle of spending time with Roth’s Fleep sound tutorial.  ‘In the middle’ as in I haven’t figured it out yet.  And when I’m done not figuring that out, I’m going to go not figure out the drop target tutorial.  And after countless hours of fun frustration on my part, maybe someone else like @gamemodder will update/mod Fathom’s physics.     whoops, did I think that or type it?

and… @sheltemke has one of the best temperaments on the whole internet.

Bigus1
          Participant
            @bigus1

I can always tell when there’s some bigus-bashing going on because of the sudden raft of support messages that I receive. If you guys can do better, then let’s see it.  BTW bigus physics isn’t a thing. I would never be so pretentious as to put my name to a bunch of software settings. And it’s a bit rich to exclaim that other tables are far superior when you don’t even have the nous to figure-out what I’ve done. Anyway, thanks for the free publicity with the YouTube stuff.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            KiwiBri
            Participant
              @kiwibri

So if i change a couple of other things you might post it?

So, this past week I’ve been updating my Cab with system software and Tables as I have been “offline” for over a year. I’m happy to see so many excellent new original tables, and updates to old favourites. Iv’e seen a big increase in things like Pup Packs  (that’s another whole topic on its own :wacko: ) but also updates on tables. I’m starting to see some tables updated with minor “mods” or “tweaks” – ie. a re-skin, or something else, done by someone other than the original/last Author of the last Major Mod.  Now we’re seeing fragmentation of games.
              It becomes brutal trying to keep up with table updates sometimes. Would prefer a more detailed explanation on what’s changed.

thanks

Anyway, that’s my own personal take on this. :unsure:

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by KiwiBri.
              • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by KiwiBri.
              Matteo
              Participant
                @matteo

thank’s :)

m.

Blamer
                Participant
                  @blamer

Let’s hope this ‘new physics mod’ doesn’t catch on…

I noticed many people who so much appreciate the so called _MOD don’t even spend the time to check the original table, you know, just to see if they are really ‘improvements’.

Gamemodder36
                  Participant
                    @gamemodder

Ok I promise, no more physics only mods.

Peter222
                    Participant
                      @swietlikowa

@gamemodder Sheltmake before, now sheltmke… Are you doing this on purpose or are you really unable to read those few letters carefully out of respect for the author? If you have trouble reading, use copy/paste.

Gamemodder36
                      Participant
                        @gamemodder

I’m sorry. I put it up quickly and didn’t double check.

sheltemke
                        Participant
                          @sheltemke

I’m sorry. I put it up quickly and didn’t double check.

You can call me whatever you like my friend if we figure out together how to add an authentic 3d Indy500 car model to the mod :)
                          I don’t care how you spell my name, but lets try to improve this table even more.

Oh by the way as Schreibi34 suggested me in the past i darkened the OFF inserts , so 1.2 was not the latest(i not uploaded the modification here becouse darkening the OFF inserts was not a large change to deserve an update).

But here is the download link if you want to use:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1swuLvwTaquXYonOUXgfgDO2duIYOUbW9/view?usp=sharing

Genesis38
                          Participant
                            @genesis38

Bigus,

I am not going to get into a sh!t throwing contest. The thread is not the place for it and for one, my post was not to bash you. I was simply saying that your releases consist of a simple line:

This fun table is from X and X.
                            I’ve given it a makeover.
                            Enjoy

What’s New in Version 1.0 (See full changelog)
                            1.0 Playfield, lights, lighting, physics, scaling

So to your comment, yes, most of us, myself included who understands the basics, can’t tell your physics from the original table, but I do give credit where it’s due. Your playfield and lighting MODS are top notch in my opinion.

AS I said in my You Tube channel, I can’t agree that all your tables are to my liking, however I am grateful for what everyone offers to the community.

And you are welcome for the free advertising.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Genesis38.
                            dondi
                            Participant
                              @dondi

Ok, now back to this actual table….

Just installed this, and the table is looking for the balls. Deleted nVRAM, tried again. Same deal. How do we get past the ‘missing ball’ thing again?

EDIT: Nevermind… after like a bunch of restarts of VPX, ball was found.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by dondi.
                              • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by dondi.
                              Gamemodder36
                              Participant
                                @gamemodder

click b while you are in the table and it will ask if you want to add a ball, add one, then start the table, then click b and click no to remove the ball you just added. that should fix it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                Vladaymir
                                Participant
                                  @vladaymir

Thank you for this great table and your hard work , much appreciated!

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?