Introductions

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    speeddemon1
    Participant
      @speeddemon1

Thanks i Will look at this thank you ?

kwaaizaat
      Participant
        @kwaaizaat

Hi everyone, dropping a quick intro thingy here.
        Just finishing up a hardware/software setup for what’s (hopefully) going to be a 2-screen mini build.
        For now i’m hunting and gathering information/content bits in preparation for the actual building phase…

tonytony
        Participant
          @tonytony

Hi Guys

I am  newbie who loves play pinball, but mainly got into this as my son who is 7 and and also loves playing pinball has autism.

he finds it hard to play with a joystick type games but put him in front on a pinball machine and pushing those buttons for the flippers hes unbelievable.

its  great  for him good motion and movement skill.

what a wonder day it is today

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

@tonytony thanks for saying hello! Glad to have ya here :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

Wow @tonytony  … I can see how playing pinball would be a perfect activity for your son!  In case you haven’t found them yet, there are some fantastic kid-centric games –  that I love as well.  On this site – Mr Bubble or if he’s up to a more challenging game, Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball.  Another of my favorites is Pokemon from JPSalas found on VPF here – Pokemon .  There are a few versions of that game, one which was recently updated, but I prefer the music (more soothing) in the older versions which are also available on that page.  The older versions require UltraDMD or to disable it in the script.  The version I like is 1.3.1 which is available on the DT v2.0.1 page.  (comment out line 157 in script for that version to disable UltraDMD…I think)

Hm, I’m rambling…but I think this is very cool!  Welcome and have fun!

LeChiffre
              Participant
                @lechiffre

Hi Everyone,

I’m a long time Mame fan who likes to build his own cabs and tinker with all the surrounding tools and art more than actually playing all the games. I have recently become obsessed with Virtual Pinball machines/games and now have to figure out a way to get my wife on board with the idea. Will be reading up a lot on Pinup tools and asking the pros a few questions before I begin the next journey.

Big thanks to all the people who make this hobby possible. I used to create my own much simpler front ends and know the endless work that goes into it. On a brighter note, I can woodwork and already know how to code, configure and SQL very well, so at least that’s a head start.

Mega
                Participant
                  @mega

Hi everyone, My real name is Dean, I currently live in San Antonio, TX, and I’ve been a fan of pinball since my high school days.  I grew up in a small town so didn’t have access to many tables.  The first one that grabbed my attention (and money) was High Speed.  Then the local bowling alley replaced it with Pin Bot.  Oh I got hooked on Pin Bot big time, and got decent at it.  Then a few years later a local Pizza place got The Addams Family, and that was my all time favorite. I can still remember the adrenaline rush like it was yesterday the first time it yelled “Fiiiiftyyyy Miiiillliiiioooonn!”. I think I only got that far on the table 2 or 3 times, so it was a big deal for me.

Now days, I’ve played most of what is available on Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX, but still haven’t experienced all of them IRL.  My current favorite tables are:
                  Attack From Mars
                  Monster Bash
                  Medieval Madness

I know, boring, everybody loves those.  LOL

I am just getting started on Virtual Pinball, Future Pinball, PinballX front end, etc. I’m planning a pincab, but intimidated to build it (I have no woodworking skills or tools), and sticker shocked to buy it finished out ($6K :negative: ), so still weighing options. The perfect setup for me would be mostly finished out and wired, but add my own screens and computer. I also want a high refresh rate playfield, so looking at some of the 43″ gaming monitors from Asus.  Maybe this one: ROG Swift PG43UQ.

I started a thread in the Cabinets section with more details, but not sure that’s the best place to ask for advice, as I think that area of the forum is more for showing off your builds.  So if anyone has advice where best to discuss my pincab options, let me know. :-)

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/ – everything you need to know about building, and more.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Billybob403
                    Participant
                      @billybob403

Hello, am new here and cannot believe I did not know about virtual pinball until quite recently. I am in the process of building my first cabinet now.

I grew up in the 70’s with the 1952 William’s Twenty Grand machine in my basement. No solid state, no pc boards, all tubes, like Thomas Edison type technology to me, but my father, an electrical engineer rebuilt the table and we played it often. I’m sure it kicked off my love for pinball but have always been in computers and technology too thanks to him. I’m building my virtual cabinet now (to standard Williams dimensions) and plan to Try to mimic the paint scheme or colors I grew up with.

Where is the correct place to go to request that somebody develop this table?

14a2eab5682e1a4442efa0e335940773bbe29123image-25231dc3f443e16685baee4f5147c3ed4e8e38922

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Welcome. Nice looking machine you’ve got there. As I’m no author, I can’t make any promises. But, machines have a higher chance of getting re-created the better resources exists. Detailed pictures and without flash. ( Light up the room instead ) Put the resources into a zip file and upload it as free for anyone to use is imo the best way going forward for any machine.

For EM’s – there might be a good idea to add info on how the rules are, scoring etc. As everything has to be scripted.

Good luck with the build. You’ve got a lot of fun and frustration ahead of you ;)

Itchigo
                        Participant
                          @itchigo

I noticed Spot Bowler in the background. You can find it here.

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=491

What’s the one that’s covered up?

Be a Rogue! http://roguepinball.com/ Full Screen DirectB2s Tables no one else has!

toxie
                          Participant
                            @toxie
                            VP DEVMember

Hello, am new here and cannot believe I did not know about virtual pinball until quite recently. I am in the process of building my first cabinet now.

I grew up in the 70’s with the 1952 William’s Twenty Grand machine in my basement. No solid state, no pc boards, all tubes, like Thomas Edison type technology to me, but my father, an electrical engineer rebuilt the table and we played it often. I’m sure it kicked off my love for pinball but have always been in computers and technology too thanks to him. I’m building my virtual cabinet now (to standard Williams dimensions) and plan to Try to mimic the paint scheme or colors I grew up with.

Where is the correct place to go to request that somebody develop this table?

14a2eab5682e1a4442efa0e335940773bbe29123image-25231dc3f443e16685baee4f5147c3ed4e8e38922

There are some authors out there that specialize in older machines and some that are into rebuilding more obscure machines (which i think this one actually is ;)) because they want to see them coming alive in VPX, like @Loserman76 @mfuegemann or @JPSalas . Maybe one of them can become interested if you could provide some resources to them (like good images)?

mfuegemann
                            Participant
                              @mfuegemann

Hi BillyBob,

You got PM ;-)

wkmiller
                              Participant
                                @wkmiller

Hi All, Am looking to get a physical pinball machine, so am doing research on potential prospects and came upon this website :good: :rose: which looks like it will be very helpful.

mpderoller
                                Participant
                                  @mpderoller

Hello, new guy here I joined over a month ago.  My brother and I built a wide body cabinet and are in the process of installing the displays.  I’ve been following Terry Red’s videos for installing software.

Mark

Billybob403
                                  Participant
                                    @billybob403

received your message.  These pictures were borrowed from the internet.  Essentially, the balls would fall into the sockets and stay there for the remainder of the game. If you scored the right letters to spell one of the words on the backglass, you won that many free games.

Touchmaster97
                                    Participant
                                      @touchmaster97

Can you help me with finding a Pinup Theme for a low resolution single-screen Desktop setup? I’ve asked in many different places and I got no truly helpful answer. I’m asking because my Monitor doesn’t support HD, and I’ve already filled out a bunch of details for the Tables I’ve installed already.

Midway's Legacy lives on.

tribedog
                                      Participant
                                        @tribedog

Hey guys, new to posting but not new to the forum. Been lurking on this site during the quarantine and building my pin out of whatever I had lying around the house. I appreciate all the info that’s on this site! Amazing group of people sharing all sorts of great stuff. Thank you everybody so far. 2C052826-25C6-48C2-B7A9-3C15F44845C8
                                        this is my ugly MDF cabinet ?, but I have it working with VPX VP9. Trying to follow the guides for a three screen setup on FP as well. No pinballFX for me yet and I have not tried messing with any front ends although I do have pinup installed and a couple of pup-packs working. I’m located in the Central Coast of California, if your close give me a shout.

ht
                                        Participant
                                          @helen65

Thanks very much for letting me join, I have been playing pinball machines since I was 7 years old, I really enjoy playing pinball on the computer and look forward to trying out all the tables.

Maninb1ack
                                          Participant
                                            @maninb1ack

Hi there,

I am new to all of this, but I am looking forward to learning and building a cabinet for my son and myself to enjoy.

Thank you for all you hard work. It is is very impressive.

I hope I will be able to contribute in the future.

Stephen

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 246 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?