This topic contains 133 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  randr 5 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Author
     FhMoTa 
    Participant

Hi all,
    Great site you have here. I have got a lot of my info from randr and TerryRed’s videos I’ve been planning to build a cabinet for a year and finally started a month ago and have the base cab built. I haven’t started on the back box yet until I get my screen so I don’t get any surprises.

I have been into MAME and the various console emulators for about 10 years now and have built a full size arcade cabinet before and downsized that to a pedestal build. I am an IT professional by trade so this hobby is welcome distraction for me while still using my day to day skills. I’ve gained a lot of tools and woodworking experience since my first full cab build so I am really enjoying this build as it is a lot easier with the right tools, but don’t be put off my first build was with a cheap circular saw and router!

I am gearing up to do the RGB matrix and get my contactors wired up this week, I just need to get the last dusty job of routing in the channel for the glass trim.

Kauerinke 
    Participant

Hello Guys,

First of all I would like to say that I really appreciate the all the information and contributions that is available here!!! Helps a lot…

I’m almost finishing  my first cabinet, as many of you guys I have followed the YouTube videos of Terry Red, Wecade and others…

PC: Intel core i7 7700k, 16Gb ram DDR4 3000mhz, GTX1080 Asus Strix, B250M- Gaming 3

Cabinet: 3 screens (32″ playfield, 17″ backglass, 14″ DMD/Topper), Pinscape (15 Buttons, Analog Plunger, Analog Nudge, 10 Solenoids, 1 Beacon, 2 Strobe lights), Saintsmart 8 relay (Button Lights), Teensy 3.2 (addressable LEDs), SSF (7.2 – 7 regular speakers, 2 sub woofers).

Software: OS Windows 10 Pro, Frontend Pinup System, Future Pinball, Pinball X, Pinball FX3.

Favorite Games: Tron Legacy, ACDC, Transformers, Stranger Things – Stranger Edition, Attack From Mars, Iron Maiden, Centaur, Doom…

Best Regards!!! :good:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Welcome to the site :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

RocketScientist 
    Participant

Hi, everybody.  It’s been a while since I played with virtual pinball tables, and I’m hoping to rekindle my interest here.  Reckon I’ll have a look around and update my files to the latest and greatest, for starters.

outhere 
    Participant

Updates

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40867&p=413287

Hi, everybody. It’s been a while since I played with virtual pinball tables, and I’m hoping to rekindle my interest here. Reckon I’ll have a look around and update my files to the latest and greatest, for starters.

byrneaar 
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker.  I just got my pc setup and now I am reading through the software pieces, watching and re-watching videos.  Unfortunately, here in Canada we have had a postal strike for quite some time so a lot of my DOF parts are stuck in China.  I figured I might as well get started on the PC piece.  Looking forward to getting a build thread started as well as relying on the help of many other here to get me to the finish line.

Cheers!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Post strike!? Oh wow that would really be the pits. The software will probably take a while so I think your fine for time  :-)

welcome to the site

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

I agree. Get the machine running, then add the gadgets/extras. It just makes it even more fun seeing how hardware improves the experience.

Did you know that there is mobile phone app that helps to keep track of site activity ?
    IOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vpinball-mobile-app/id1446518720?mt=8
    Android :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vpinball.app&hl=en_US

CastilianFly 
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

First and foremost I want to say thank you to all the people who make it possible for the rest of us to enjoy this hobby. I will help in every way possible. I have been putting together my full size cab for awhile now and finally getting really close! I have a 3 screen setup, 10 contactors, 5.1 surround, gear motor, knocker, shaker motor, I-7700k, gtx 1070, 750gb ssd, 16gb ddr4 2400.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     genjackson 
    Participant

Hey all, I’m Jeremy. I’m currently working on my first Vpin. I randomly found a Space Invaders pin that was in terrible shape. Literally the only thing salvageable was some of the plastics. The backglass was gone, and the boards were terrible. Either way, I gutted it. I have a three monitor setup in mind and a beefy PC ready for it. I spent the last three months waiting on parts from germangamingsupplies. THAT PLACE IS A SCAM!!! He took my money and never sent the parts. I’m currently going through a paypal dispute to get my money back. EITHER WAY. I’m excited to be building a vpin finally. My current real pins are Checkpoint and Stampede.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Welcome to vpinball.com!

lots of scammers in the world for sure…sorry to hear about that but don’t let that discourage you from this great hobby. I have lots of plungers V1, V2 and V3 that have never worked so just move on and get parts elsewhere I say.

wozza4321 
    Participant

Hi I am new to this forum and new to visual pinballs , I have a chinese machine with 881 game tables , but I want to learn how to do things …cheers wozza

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

So, you are one of those guys that supports those damn pirates :-(   Not angry at you though. I’m sure you bought it out of convenience. Would be interessted to see how it performs and what hardware it runs. So, maybe you could make some videos for us ??

Did you know that there is mobile phone app that helps to keep track of site activity ?
    IOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vpinball-mobile-app/id1446518720?mt=8
    Android :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vpinball.app&hl=en_US

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Hi I am new to this forum and new to visual pinballs , I have a chinese machine with 881 game tables , but I want to learn how to do things …cheers wozza

do things? Like what? Add tables? What frontend did the Chinese install? What visual pinball? Need way more info to help you.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account