This topic contains 128 replies, has 66 voices, and was last updated by  CastilianFly 6 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
     FhMoTa 
    Participant

Hi all,
    Great site you have here. I have got a lot of my info from randr and TerryRed’s videos I’ve been planning to build a cabinet for a year and finally started a month ago and have the base cab built. I haven’t started on the back box yet until I get my screen so I don’t get any surprises.

I have been into MAME and the various console emulators for about 10 years now and have built a full size arcade cabinet before and downsized that to a pedestal build. I am an IT professional by trade so this hobby is welcome distraction for me while still using my day to day skills. I’ve gained a lot of tools and woodworking experience since my first full cab build so I am really enjoying this build as it is a lot easier with the right tools, but don’t be put off my first build was with a cheap circular saw and router!

I am gearing up to do the RGB matrix and get my contactors wired up this week, I just need to get the last dusty job of routing in the channel for the glass trim.

Kauerinke 
    Participant

Hello Guys,

First of all I would like to say that I really appreciate the all the information and contributions that is available here!!! Helps a lot…

I’m almost finishing  my first cabinet, as many of you guys I have followed the YouTube videos of Terry Red, Wecade and others…

PC: Intel core i7 7700k, 16Gb ram DDR4 3000mhz, GTX1080 Asus Strix, B250M- Gaming 3

Cabinet: 3 screens (32″ playfield, 17″ backglass, 14″ DMD/Topper), Pinscape (15 Buttons, Analog Plunger, Analog Nudge, 10 Solenoids, 1 Beacon, 2 Strobe lights), Saintsmart 8 relay (Button Lights), Teensy 3.2 (addressable LEDs), SSF (7.2 – 7 regular speakers, 2 sub woofers).

Software: OS Windows 10 Pro, Frontend Pinup System, Future Pinball, Pinball X, Pinball FX3.

Favorite Games: Tron Legacy, ACDC, Transformers, Stranger Things – Stranger Edition, Attack From Mars, Iron Maiden, Centaur, Doom…

Best Regards!!! :good:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Welcome to the site :good:

Currently playing around with FP to VP conversions. Nothing serious just trying to have fun.

RocketScientist 
    Participant

Hi, everybody.  It’s been a while since I played with virtual pinball tables, and I’m hoping to rekindle my interest here.  Reckon I’ll have a look around and update my files to the latest and greatest, for starters.

outhere 
    Participant

Updates

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40867&p=413287

Hi, everybody. It’s been a while since I played with virtual pinball tables, and I’m hoping to rekindle my interest here. Reckon I’ll have a look around and update my files to the latest and greatest, for starters.

byrneaar 
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker.  I just got my pc setup and now I am reading through the software pieces, watching and re-watching videos.  Unfortunately, here in Canada we have had a postal strike for quite some time so a lot of my DOF parts are stuck in China.  I figured I might as well get started on the PC piece.  Looking forward to getting a build thread started as well as relying on the help of many other here to get me to the finish line.

Cheers!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Post strike!? Oh wow that would really be the pits. The software will probably take a while so I think your fine for time  :-)

welcome to the site

Currently playing around with FP to VP conversions. Nothing serious just trying to have fun.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

I agree. Get the machine running, then add the gadgets/extras. It just makes it even more fun seeing how hardware improves the experience.

CastilianFly 
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

First and foremost I want to say thank you to all the people who make it possible for the rest of us to enjoy this hobby. I will help in every way possible. I have been putting together my full size cab for awhile now and finally getting really close! I have a 3 screen setup, 10 contactors, 5.1 surround, gear motor, knocker, shaker motor, I-7700k, gtx 1070, 750gb ssd, 16gb ddr4 2400.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account