Introductions

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Cimmerian
    Participant
      @cimmerian

<span style=”font-size: 12pt; font-family: comic sans ms,sans-serif;”>Thank You!</span>

<span style=”font-family: comic sans ms,sans-serif;”>I’m not sure where I found virtual pinball besides old Android, it was recent and perhaps Youtube ?   At first it appeared like a cool niche hobby to me but then I saw how robust and wide spread it really is.  I downloaded a few tables out of curiosity and then started looking under the hood as if it were a muscle car engine to see what made it go.  Then one Sunday evening I tore out the back of a dresser and took a couple of shelves and made a quick cabinet.  No buttons, shaker motor or backglass as of yet but I could get a sense of what was coming.   I went through all the sites and grabbed resources and read forums.  My web browser was too old to get access here at first. I needed to get on one of my modern machines and sign-up but I finally made it.  I’m now on my 2nd homemade 3 screen cabinet with magna-save buttons that I have yet to successfully use in-game!  I have fought many a table to get the backglasses up and have conquered all but a few with help from reading the forums here. I have learned how to tweak desktop tables to work in cabs by info from the forums and would like to learn how to get my third screen to play topper video’s next.  So thanks for hanging on through this long intro and accept my appreciation for all the grueling emulation work and helpful posts that have got me this far.</span>

I had a friends wife try my machine and it was the first time he heard her cuss.  Evil powers of Pinball.

PS.  I like Hockey and all collisions sports, never played Baseketball.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks for the introduction!

This hobby is a lot of fun and glad you found the site.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Numiah
        Participant
          @numiah

Hey Peeps.
          Just “popped” in to say hi, introduce myself and to say thank you for all the efforts all of you guys put in making all of this candy possible.
          Simply amazing!

Of course I am totally in love with real pinball machines. All the sounds and lights are like a drug to me.

I myself dare to call me a veteran when it comes to virtual pinballing.
          All started with my Amiga500. Played those four pinballs for hours straight.
          About 6 years ago I rescued a Future Spa (wide body) cabinet from the garbage.
          Decided to build a 3 screen virtual cabinet. Spent months building and perfecting it to my likings.
          Now, so many years later and with all the latest developments I bit the bullet and went from Win7 to 10 and PinballX to PinUpPopper.
          OMG!
          Decided to start from scratch and quickly realized how rusty I was when it came to configuring thing. Ouchsies!
          Few days later things are up and running to my liking.
          But we all know… You are never finished!  B-)

Glad to be part of it!

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Hello and welcome to the site!

setting everything up is a huge task for sure! But well worth the effort when you finally get everything “working” thanks for posting a hello??

for IOS and Android

Badazzwi
            Participant
              @badazzwi

Hello. I have been on the site for a few months but have yet to introduce myself. I apologize for my lurking .

I started my full size virtual pinball build around the same time I joined the site and I am hooked on all things pinball now. My mame cab gets no love anymore.

Thank you to all those involved with this site. It is amazing.

Thank you to all the contributors that make it all possible to enjoy this highly addictive hobby.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

gbase2013
              Participant
                @gbase2013

Hi I’m gbase,from Belgium.i work as a chef,have 2 beautifull women in my life and one mistress(PINBALL) NICE MEETING?

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

It’s probably best you part ways with the beautiful women amicably now. Trust me. They just get in the way of learning about ddraw.

Spunkmeyer
                  Participant
                    @spunkmeyer

Hi Folks, been lurking around for a while just trying to get the game working.

Played mostly real tables in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s especially ( in the pub a lot ). Never really took to them on the computer but as they are very scarce now had a hankering.

Favs are Indiana Jones TPA, STTNG , Addams Family, Whodunnit to name a few.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

While this is simulated pinball emulation it’s a very good simulation! Thanks for saying hello and have fun.

for IOS and Android

crutch
                      Participant
                        @crutch

Hey everyone. I’ve been hanging around the different VP sites for awhile now. Been building and loading my cab. Just want to say thanks to all of the wonderful people on these sites. It fantastic that all of the tables are free to download and enjoy. It is unheard of any more. Like I said. I want to thank all that are associated with this hobby. Site creators, table creators, modders and question askers. I will attach a pic of my cab. My next goal is to learn how to mod and then build tables.

Thanks again,

Chris (aka) crutch

crutch
                        Participant
                          @crutch

Guess the pics didn’t work the first time. So here they are.

crutch

IMG_0095IMG_0096

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Nice looking build.

What’s the green button on front lower right?

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

crutch
                            Participant
                              @crutch

That is my escape button.

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

Really like the look of this build. Something accessible.  Achievable.  Thanks for sharing.

1977mini
                                Participant
                                  @1977mini

Hello Everyone!

Ryan from Long Island NY.  I have been learning from you all for just about a year now and only recently had a lot of things “click” in making everything work.  I do not work with computers day to day so this was a bit of a daunting endeavor for myself.  I have come a very long way thanks to all the information on this, and many other sites.  I was fortunate to have started before the demise of MBPC and cannot thank all of you enough for the love and dedication you all pour into this hobby.

My cabinet is a “6 Million Dollar Man” that was in physically great shape, playfield and boards gone.  I am using a Ryzen 7 “PowerPC” tower I keep outside the cab.  40” Samsung 4K playfield, 32” curved monitor for backglass (I was nervous about this but the effect is cool, clear from any angle) 15” bestbuy tv for DMD.  Still lots to add; transducer speakers, bass shaker, nudge, chimes, knocker…  I have plans to clean up the speaker/dmd area with a magnetic frame covered in black cloth similar to 80’s Williams machines.  It’s a project that will hopefully never end.

Thank you all once again

Ryan

5D44AF61-6736-4839-A94B-BE684A657F53F28E837A-BD46-4BF5-89EF-5371CAB69512317CEEEC-92C8-4C99-ABD3-845221E30BCD

RONR
                                  Participant
                                    @ronr

Thanks for the invite, hoping to learn how to use the wealth of knowledge on this site. My projects at this time are Escape from the Lost World and Fireball 2. Currently live in SC and have tinkered with pinballs for about 30 yrs but always learn something new. Ron

picky1
                                    Participant
                                      @picky1

Hi, new girl here.  I’m signing in on all the pinball sites.  I found my favorite pin, Elvira and the Party Monsters, at a laundromat that was closing.  Ten years ago and it’s been around the country with me.  I keep tinkering with it.  Just replaced the old displays with LEDs.

I have two problems right now.  I found a new Monster Slide piece, but don’t know how it wires; I don’t see any wires sticking up around it.

And the Center Jackpot is light #48, but there are 2 bulbs at that location.  One of them does light up, but I don’t know what the other bulb is for.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator
                                        Dark
                                          @dark
                                          vipMemberContributor

A nice table choice by the young lady to show case a cab! :P

3dcreation

speeddemon1
                                          Participant
                                            @speeddemon1

hi guys and girls, i am speeddemon1 i am from holland,i had some real pinballs in the years but i had to sell them ,

not many room for them , but now see the vpinball and you can make them self (cool)

i want to make 1 and i dont now how to download the games wih the desktop downloader i have downloadend the vpmime30 on the com

but the game will not respond set rom not found and rom vpind not found

maybe i doing somthing wrong    plz can sombody help :-)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 246 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?