Intermittent Focus issues PFX3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cameron
    Participant
      @cameron

OK so since the latest PFX3 update, when launching via PUP, many times, the focus doesn’t go to the playfield, so then. Have to hit mouse for the table to respond. Are there any tips as to how to help avoid this?

Also, what do you guys do to avoid the “Continue” dialog when someone exited a game without finishing… Any tips on this would be great as well.

byrneaar
      Participant
        @byrneaar

I am having the exact same issue and when i remove the “rem” statement from the startup script I now get an error for dmdext.exe

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

You guys need to understand more how script works (like “rem” statements)…and also how to work with dmdext…as sometimes things need to be changed up a bit to work with FX3 depending on your system. This isn’t PuP specific…it’s an issue with dmdext and FX3.

dmdext has bugs / issues with latest FX3… myself I found I now have to launch dmdext AFTER FX3 is launched to get it to work correctly. I do this using a timeout of 10 seconds.

My Popper Launch script for FX3

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 5 5 60 "Pinball FX3"

START "" "[DIREMU]\steam.exe" -applaunch 442120 -table_[GAMENAME]

cd "C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME"

timeout /T 10

start /min "" "dmdext_153.exe" mirror --source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position=3878 1524 1280

Focus issues can be LOTS of things…. try running in exclusive fullscreen if possible and see if that helps.

I get no prompts at all when I exit Popper to FX3…so maybe its whatever key / button method you are using to close FX3.

Cameron
          Participant
            @cameron

Thanks for the advice on this one! My focus issues are intermittent so I will give this a try to help on the timing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?