This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ICPjuggla 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

ICPjuggla what does your handle stand for?
    what got you started in VP?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

lol my handle stands for Insane Clown Posse. I’ve been a pretty big fan of ICP thought the years. The new stuff they put out is terrible though. I’m more of an old school Juggalo.. :-)

Back some years ago I started to build a MAME cab and kind of stumbled onto VPforums and thought to my self wow that’s kinda neat. I continued to finish my MAME cab with VP on the back burner. The wife and I would hang out at this local bar and they had Addams Family pinball, every time we went we would play. I started talking to her about this web page I saw. She checked it out and thought it was pretty neat just like I did. Once you get the wife on board it’s all down hill from there. :-) I finished the MAME cab and started building the pincab. So that’s what really got me started in VP a mutual interest with my wife in a hobby, playing pinball.. :-)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

agreed having the wife on your side is best! :) what was your first build?

ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

Well officially the 1st build I worked on was a mod of Hurricane witch took over a year to finish and a lot of help from a bunch of diffrent people. I’m grateful and really appreciated all the help over that year. :-) It felt like the table would never get done. lol But in the end it did get released and it shaped up to be a pretty nice build in my opinion. To be honest I never want to see that table again! lol I don’t even play it all that much although it is a fun table..

The 1st build from scratch I worked on was Cosmic Gunfight witch was at the time challenging b/c to be honest I didn’t know exacly what I was doing. I tore though a bunch of other tables for ideas from guys like JP and Uncle Willie. Looking at how other people did stuff really helped a lot and you get a lot of ideas etc. from seeing how they did things. Now if I was to do a basic build of CG again it wouldn’t take much time at all as the EM tables are pretty easy to bang out quite quick. :-) But scripting them is a hole other story! lol :cry:

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

thats funny about the wives… my wife could give two F**ks about the mame machine,… don’t think she even ever tried it… but the pin cab is different,… she likes it , she plays it… she also thinks i’m obsessed with this shit…. we will be on the sofa, TV on in the background and then I hear her saying “click, refresh, click, refresh, click, refresh” busting my balls that i’m sitting there staring at the forums clicking and refreshing… and also how many tabs i have up at once…. she doesn’t get we are solving all the world’s problem here…. ;)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

LOL! my wife thinks im nuts as well! but no matter what hobby i am doing she understands and puts up with my obsessions. I recall the hurricane build! good stuff for sure! Curious ICPjuggla what do you do for a living?

ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

Hey sorry for the late response I was on vacation out of town for a few days.. :-)

Anyway, back to the question what I do for a living…

I work as a sales rep for the biggest cookie and cracker company in the world. Basically what my position entails is running my own route and calling on 12 accounts. We sell, build displays and stock all of our own products. So in a nut shell I’m on the road all day for work and sell products to make people fat. lol :-)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

hmmm… Keebler or Nabisco?
    I service Point of sale equip and see vendors from both companies everyday :)

ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

Yup you got it I work for one of those company’s. Only one is the biggest in the world though. I’d rather not say but I’m sure you can figure it out. :-)

freneticamnesic 
    vipModeratorMember

They make the cookies I’m eating right now. They’re filled with creme. They’re a little dry though.

ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

Dunk them in milk if a little dry… :good:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

They make the cookies I’m eating right now. They’re filled with creme. They’re a little dry though.

LMAO!

Josh 
    Participant

Hey ICP This question could go to any of the developers. I feel like such a mooch waiting for everyones new tables to come out. How can mere mortals like the rest of us help you guys as developers? I know there are plenty of folks out there that would love to help but are not sure were to start?

ICPjuggla 
    MembervipModerator

There are a lot of things that can b done depending on your skill set..

If your good in an art program start doing re-draws of your favorite tables pf, plastics, decals etc. etc. if we see there are nice quality resources to be had there is a good chance it’s going to get built..

If your not good in an art program there are other things you can do. Start collecting resources for tables and upload them in a resources section per table nice and organized in a folder.. Pictures, manuals, blueprints and things like that always help.

If you have access to toys or the real world tables take a boat load of hi rez photos.. Photos always help. Somewhere over on VPF dark laid out some nice instructions on how to take pictures of toys. If you follow the instructions on how to photo them 3D models can be made much easier..

Hmmmmm what else… :-)

If you know how to use 3D programs or have a 3D printer models of toys are always awesome.. Even models of the ramps and bits and parts of table objects.. You might need to work with an author on this though to make sure ramps are accurate etc.

Hmmmmm maybe some other guys have some more ideas..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account