Invalid Floating Point Operation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    danielwbryant
    Participant
      @danielwbryant

I’m in windows 10, everything was working fine and then suddenly got this.

Invalid Floating Point Operation …. followed by….Exception EinvalidOP in module Pinupmenu.exe at 0047eec1 invalid floating point operation.

sometimes it will still open up after but not always. Happened after installing analog plunger and buttons programmed to joy to key.

Please help this newbie who has dumped over 30 hours in finally getting it to work only to have this happen after the plunger triumph.

Diguelo
      Participant
        @diguelo

Check that you have the updated Visual C++ redistributables installed 2012, 2013 2014, 2015 – 2019(these are a one download set down.

Check you have the updated Visual Basic extensions installed again same years

Check you Visual .Net files are up to date.

If you havent they can be obtained from the Microsoft website, google search : Visual C++ redistributables. Then search Google Visual Basic redistributables.

And a general tip for everyone. These files contain a lot of incidental files that get changed during the normal Windows Update procedure and also the installation of Feature Packs by Microsoft. Personally I keep a copy of all the redistributables from 2008 to present day and they get reinstalled after every major MS update. As a programmer the FP argument you have issues with is common once your machines updating system is compromised. Darn things have cost me hours of tracing issues so now this simple task helps make the system stable for making code.

Download and update your sound / video drivers. Occasionally it takes a week or so to get video updates due to new file changes.

Silver ball go that way, as eyes went this way, GAME OVER !!

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

that error will happen if you have a stuck button.   disconnect your controllers and see if error goes away…if it does then one of your controllers has something ‘closed’ or always pressed.

if it happens randomly on startup,  then you need to put a timeout of a few seconds before running popper as the controller maybe not ‘active’ when popper starts.

danielwbryant
          Participant
            @danielwbryant

Thank you so much! The stuck button makes sense now! I haven’t fixed it yet, I’m gonna go try now but I did notice that on the windows game controller settings, the U-hid nano I used to mod the toyshock plunger is always showing the z axis as a “button press” in joy to key, it shows up as yellow.

danielwbryant
            Participant
              @danielwbryant

Problem is fixed! I had to change a setting in windows usb game controllers of how it read my hid nano that I used as a plunger mod so now it doesn’t constantly read it at startup. Thanks for the help and for making virtual pinball possible for everyone. I’ve actually gotten into pinball because of your work even though I have never really played actual pinball, now I’m on a search for an open arcade to try a real pinball machine! Lol.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?