Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

Over the weekend I threw together a quick proof-of-concept for the rare and lovely Star-Jet (Bally 1963) just to see if the available art assets would hold up in 4k.

SJ_POC

No real push to finish this, although the art is great. If this is a project that trips anyone’s trigger I could use help cleaning up the plastics in Photoshop (need neatly vectored trims around the edges and probably a redraw of the part ID hand lettering). Shouldn’t take more than an hour or two, but it would keep me going on the rest of the project.

Photoshop:

LINK REMOVED

PNG:

LINK REMOVED

Post here if you’re willing to do this. Don’t want anyone duplicating work.

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Where do you find this stuff?  When I got into VP I never thought I’d be so interested in old EM’s aside from a few curiosities.  But I was ignorant on how many fascinating EM games are out there.  This one from ’63!?  Rubbers wrapped around the lower pop bumpers?  I want to play this!  Wish I could be of some help.  But I’m a ways off from being a contributor.  Magic Circle and Capersville took in most my quarters last night.  Discovering these old-school treasures has been yet another bizarre part of finding VP.

Draifet
    Participant
    @draifet

Hey Bord, u already found someone to do it? If not tell me and I can spend a few hours this afternoon.

bord
    @bord

Hey Bord, u already found someone to do it? If not tell me and I can spend a few hours this afternoon.

Yes, should be all taken care of.

Where do you find this stuff? When I got into VP I never thought I’d be so interested in old EM’s aside from a few curiosities.

It’s cool because there is a whole other world and history of pinball beyond the DMD games, they just don’t get all the attention. Still a fair share of EM duds but it is great to find the gems (like Capersville or 4 Million BC). I fear Star-Jet isn’t such a gem. It is notable for the great artwork and for being the first tri-ball multiball game, but I don’t think gameplay will blow anyone away.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

For me if it is pinball I like it but not so much the newer tables… I prefer the classics so call me old

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

bord
    @bord

renderdone

Modeling is done. My biggest priority was preserving the original line work on the playfield despite insufficient resources. Not my favorite redraw/stitch project but results are decent. Early in 2020 this will get rendered for VP and scripted. B2S is done already.

4k here.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

I can’t get the balls to load :-)

Mark70
    Participant
    @mark70

wow, this one has beautiful colour combination

Mr_H
    Participant
    @jhopwood

Loving the theme and once again man, the quality in your work – mint! Was smashing out Lost World and Stingray tonight. Alot of love on those tables! Thanks Bord.

bord
    @bord

Thanks, @jhopwood.

All visuals are in VPX. Just missing rules/scoring/sounds/proper flippers.

star-jetVPX

4k screenshot here.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mr_H
    Participant
    @jhopwood

Curious…have you rendered a 360 camera from ball height on the playfield and then used that for ball reflection mapping in vpx before?

Onevox
    Participant
    @rooster

Great choice, bord. I love the kitschy Tomorrowland vibe of this. I look forward to playing.

Onevox

Rajo Joey
    Participant
    @joey2001

Love those old tables. Thanks for doing this. ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW