Issue with Closing FP DOFLinx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    scampa123
    Participant
      @scampa123

//I copied this from my Pinevent post since it is really a Pinup question..

@TerryRed
      and @Nailbuster I ran into an issue when exiting Halloween Pinevet (Big Bloody Mike) with DOFLinx.  @DDH69 confirmed on another forum that my error log showed that I am trying to re-regiter the processes with DOFLinx before FP is completely shutdown.

DDH69:

“You are telling DOFLinx to detect the running process of FP again before FP has closed.  So when you tell DOFLinx to listen for FP again there is in fact an FP process running which then disappears very quickly thereafter.  This is caused by the menu system running the close script being run before the FP process has closed.”

QUESTION:  Is there a wait/pause I could put in the close script to give FP time to close to avoid this (aside from an external bat file or something?  At the moment, I believe, Halloween is the only table this has happened to me on..however I’d put the wait in for all my FP tables’ close script…

The other thing I guess I could try is moving the DOFLinx line to the bottom of the script….but just in case I figured I’d ask about a wait or pause!!

Thank you!!

My close script [mainly copied from Terry except killing FutureDMD]:…(btw I just noticed my first line is duplicated!)

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Future Pinball” 2 1
      “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Future Pinball” 2 1

cd /d c:\directoutput
      DOFLinxMsg “PROCESSES=Pinball FX2,Pinball FX3,Future Pinball”

REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “ArcadeMode” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
      REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “SecondMonitorEnable” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

rem  Remove “rem” on the next line to close Future DMD after exiting a table.
      taskkill /f /im “FutureDMD.exe”

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

before your doflinxmsg just put a line to timeout for x seconds.  for example 4 seconds would be

timeout 4

on its own line before doflinxmsg (but after the pupcloser.exe line)

1 user thanked author for this post.
        jamosb
        Participant
          @jamosb

Did that work I just used kill doflinx before a pinevent then restarted doflinx on close worked for me.

scampa123
          Participant
            @scampa123

The timeout worked for me

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Doesn’t really matter what method you use…as long as it works correctly and doesn’t cause other problems.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?