This topic contains 142 replies, has 67 voices, and was last updated by  bord 1 week, 3 days ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 2 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 143 total)
  • Author
     STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I will test it tomorrow …

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

I just did some quick testing and I do see some very slight stutter, but absolutely no frame drops.  It’s behavior I’ve seen on some other tables and seems to be somehow related to playfield reflections.  Try turning off playfield reflections and see if that fixes it.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

roccodimarco 
    Participant

I just did some quick testing and I do see some very slight stutter, but absolutely no frame drops.  It’s behavior I’ve seen on some other tables and seems to be somehow related to playfield reflections.  Try turning off playfield reflections and see if that fixes it.

I can confirm that my playfield reflections are off.  Jackpot seems to be the culprit for me. I’m not sure why, maybe it’s time to upgrade soon.

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

FPS 60 and when i get “Jackpot” or Comes to some Action like “Pinbot goes open”, then in goes down to 50-45,
    with small Ball Stutters, again: small, not the big Issue – it’s Overall full playable for me :good:
    PF Refl. off, EOD Slider doesn’t matter, more or less, the same.

I noticed, i have the same with FUNHOUSE when the Ball rolling down in the Wire Ramp & much Lights are in Action ( from up-right  to left-down).

Changed FPS Limiter to 1 ( was -1 ), and Looks like a Little bit better … :unsure:

For example on Indiana Jones, also when more Balls on PF ( in some Modes ), no Stutters at all.

Could it be something have to do with the “Triangles” ?

Onevox (PeteM) 
    Participant

Super work as always. I got to cross off one of the last remaining tables still on my VPX wish list.  Thank you, sir.

casimir 
    Participant

Is there anything new about fast flips?

Thanks

Jon Osborne 
    Participant

There is absolutely no stutter for me at 4k 120 hz. It’s probably an underpowered system causing it to stutter. We’re rapidly approaching the point of no return. Get ready for system upgrades!

dreamtrap 
    Participant

wow those outside lanes are murder 80 % of the time the ball goes near them you lose it. nudges don’t seem to help either.

i tried to move the rubber above it down a little bit just to get the ball to at least bounce into it instead of going straight down the lane but the rubbers are all grouped or something i can’t just select one.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

It is very easy. Hold down shift when you select and only ONE of the elements in the group is selected. But, I advice you. Don’t touch this game at all. It plays absolutely fantastic.  Pinball was always and still are made to rob you of your hard earned bucks and it is very seldom we do get to see tables that plays as close to the real deal as this one.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Completely agree with thalamus! pinball should not be easy :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

dreamtrap 
    Participant

Pinball was always and still are made to rob you of your hard earned bucks and it is very seldom we do get to see tables that plays as close to the real deal as this one.

yeah but this is just ridiculous. i remember playing this in vp8 and 9 and it was never this bad the ball litterally heads straight for it after launch coming out of the bumpers. the nudge doesn’t seem to help either. i see the ball heading straight for it nudge like mad but it doesn’t seem to move it at all?

bord 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

yeah but this is just ridiculous. i remember playing this in vp8 and 9 and it was never this bad the ball litterally heads straight for it after launch coming out of the bumpers. the nudge doesn’t seem to help either. i see the ball heading straight for it nudge like mad but it doesn’t seem to move it at all?

I don’t think VP8 and 9 are good references for how pinball should play. Watch some non-pros play real pinball on YouTube and see how long ball time is. I generally try to tune a table to match my average ball time as I’m a very average player. VP8 and 9 (and X) are notoriously easier than real pinball, but some people really seem to like that. Personally it isn’t to my taste. Fortunately you can tune this thing up to suit your skill or difficulty preference. Once it is out there it is yours to tweak.

Your description of your difficulties also seems extreme. Are you getting good frame rates etc? If more than one ball in three is a house ball something may be off for you.

bord 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

v. 1.1 is uploaded. I fixed some of the backwall textures that had been referencing older renders I had done (oops). @draifet also made the upperPF much prettier. Thanks!

Re: FastFlips – @djrobx took a look and FF for JB wasn’t supported in vpinmame. It will be supported with the next update so keep solenoids=2 for now and it will work for you when you update vpinmame. Thanks, Rob!

3 users thanked author for this post.
     dreamtrap 
    Participant

Are you getting good frame rates etc?

yes it runs perfect. it’s not doing it now in the update?

Mark70 
    Participant

Thanks for the update of the holy grail :)

Regarding the difficulty level of this table, I totally agree with Thalamus, RandR, Bord.
    I don’t think this table is too hard, I would say it’s exactly like the real thing, and what else when not that is the optimum!? I played about 70-80 games on a real Jack Bot last winter. If a VP table is too easy it gets boring very quickly. But on this table it’s really hard to not start “another last game”…. just like on the real thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking for T2 cabinet decals, please send pm for offers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I hope the update don’t break @rothbauerw and his dual leaf switches! Ha ha!

thanks bord!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

@randr It’s tough being on the bleeding edge!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bord 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

It’s tough being on the bleeding edge!

sax

Schreibi34 
    Participant

Thanks for the update, guys!

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Thanks again also bord :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account