Jack-Bot (Williams 1995)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    ashleyb
    Participant
      @ashleyb

What you are describing is either a permission problem or a crash problem. I’ve never had issues with this table at all. I don’t have anti-virus installed and my cab has AUC turned off so I’m admin all the time. Mind you. It is a dedicated pin, I don’t use it for anything on the internet except occasional download and login to the main 3 vp sites.

Thanks Thalamus, I have a similar setup to yourself.  Dedicated pin, no AV, run everything as an admin.  I figured out the issue is when I run the table via pinballx it seems to inhibit the ROM writing to the NVRAM.  If I run the table directly (no pinballx) it works fine.  Only table I have this issue with for some reason.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Oh dear. Install PinballY and you’ll never look back. Don’t even need to update you game library. PBY understands PBX’ meta data so no need to update anything, except installing and telling you want to re-use PBX. At least try it. It is free ;-)

I don’t understand though how this could be a problem with PBX. I’ve never had such issues. I’ve had a lot of crash issues with freezy in the beginning. I didn’t see that the table crashed when I told it to exit, so the nvram never got saved. That is the problem with front ends, extra layer of possible problem. In this case I don’t blame PBX though. I was very early out with the combination of trying to drop pindmd.dll for dmddevice.dll – and it had bugs. Might still have a few, but, I haven’t been able to prove any ;)

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/PinballY.php

1 user thanked author for this post.
        ashleyb
        Participant
          @ashleyb

Oh dear. Install PinballY and you’ll never look back. Don’t even need to update you game library. PBY understands PBX’ meta data so no need to update anything, except installing and telling you want to re-use PBX. At least try it. It is free ;-)

I don’t understand though how this could be a problem with PBX. I’ve never had such issues. I’ve had a lot of crash issues with freezy in the beginning. I didn’t see that the table crashed when I told it to exit, so the nvram never got saved. That is the problem with front ends, extra layer of possible problem. In this case I don’t blame PBX though. I was very early out with the combination of trying to drop pindmd.dll for dmddevice.dll – and it had bugs. Might still have a few, but, I haven’t been able to prove any ;)

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/PinballY.php

Thanks Thalamus, I’d forgotten about PinballY, will give that a try as Pinballx is causing the issue by the look of it.  I use mjrnet’s pinfinity for prioritising my cpu cores to pinball related exe’s and that’s superb.  Thanks again.

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Ok. But, be very aware that when you run the affinity program, it is not very happy about pup-packs. You have to configure it to accept a few more programs or you get the misconstruction that there is something wrong with that front-end and packs. In this case, they are kind of left out of, standing in the cold and to be fair, if you don’t adjust, they look like evil programs that don’t perform well. Both Pinup-popper and PinballY is fantastic. You can’t go wrong with any of them to be honest. For me it is just more convenient to re-use pbx and I don’t like to be “forced” into a theme I don’t line in the first place.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            ashleyb
            Participant
              @ashleyb

Ok. But, be very aware that when you run the affinity program, it is not very happy about pup-packs. You have to configure it to accept a few more programs or you get the misconstruction that there is something wrong with that front-end and packs. In this case, they are kind of left out of, standing in the cold and to be fair, if you don’t adjust, they look like evil programs that don’t perform well. Both Pinup-popper and PinballY is fantastic. You can’t go wrong with any of them to be honest. For me it is just more convenient to re-use pbx and I don’t like to be “forced” into a theme I don’t line in the first place.

Thanks Thalamus.  I’ll probably experiment with PinballY so I can reuse my PinballX metadata.  I’ll also prefer the simplicity of those 2 frontends.

anarkizt
              Participant
                @anarkizt

Thank you so much for this table, absolutely wonderful!

I do have a question though that I did not see when reading through this thread. Please excuse my extreme lack of knowledge on the subject of table creation but I was curious about this “effect”:

I think I have seen it on other tables as well, “Diner” coming to mind for the customers. Is this a limitation in how the textures and lighting works in VPX? I would imagine it is due to objects would then have to overlap each other and that doesn’t work? Or is it something in my settings causing this?

Sorry if this is an old topic and common knowledge! Again, thanks for all your awesome work!

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Forgive me I don’t think I understand the question. What is it supposed to look like?

anarkizt
                  Participant
                    @anarkizt

Forgive me I don’t think I understand the question. What is it supposed to look like?

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear enough. :) I was referring to the way the cards lit up. But I realize now, after having watched a youtube video that I was just an idiot, it’s supposed to be that way. :) It was just so dark that I initially thought that the whole card should be lit up. Please ignore my post.

Capture

bord
                      @bord

Cool. Glad you’re enjoying the game.

yrplace18
                      Participant
                        @yrplace18

flippers not working with 10.6……any idea why ?

Jesperpark
                        Participant
                          @jesperpark

Try starting the table again and see if that fixes itself.

Did you just update and is this the only table you are having problems with?  I just tried using 10.6 final and had no problems

yrplace18
                          Participant
                            @yrplace18

No update and all other tables are fine. Tried downloading and reinstalling the table and the flippers still don’t work. Even tried the older version ….. with a ball in play the left flipper will respond slightly when the ball hits but that’s it

strange

bord
                              @bord

Update your vpinmame.

yrplace18
                              Participant
                                @yrplace18

Thanks……Where can I find the update installer ?

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/vpx-installer-10-6-0/

Mr_H
                                  Participant
                                    @jhopwood

Curious. Has anyone tweaked this table with the 3 part Nfozzy Physics guide?

bord
                                      @bord

Nevermind.

Mr_H
                                      Participant
                                        @jhopwood

:unsure:   ???

Mr_H
                                        Participant
                                          @jhopwood

No harm intended man. Just I was playing Space Shuttle and that table of yours just feels amazing as does Jack Bot. But Space Shuttle just has a little extra something!

bord
                                            @bord

None taken. It was late and I was typing from my phone. I re-read my post and it didn’t make sense so I killed it and went to bed.

Rothbauerw’s work with nfozzy physics is my go-to for future projects and hopefully gradual updates to some old ones. Jack Bot is near the bottom of the list since there are others that will see a much bigger improvement (because I’m really unhappy with how they play) but PB/JB updates will happen eventually. Dracula is up next from the back catalog.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 151 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?