Jaws! (Future Pinball to Visual Pinball Build)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Seraph
    Participant
      @seraph

@Randr

Great job on rebuilding this in VP, have finally got around to installing, and it looks and plays great..

Please add the UltraDmd reg config code to the final table

link:  https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26602&page=21#entry362581

Music :  Have found that for a neat config :  Having come from a 9/9.2/PM5/VPX to VPx only setup the music folder was a hot mess !  Vp is happy to have playmusic “Jaws/song name” which lets you have folders for table music (once edited in script)

Great work on the table and even a glance at the script shows just how much effort you have put into this !

Since I’m a greedy bugger will mention that i have looked at doing an Akira to VP conversion using 32Assassain’s table, but man, a million tiny graphic adjustments !!

I am thinking of redoing Jp’s Mephisto using Borgdog‘s EM table template since other than flippers, Light state, and Bumper Disabled script  (and materials o/c) the table still works under VPX.

Thanks for your continued support, Your genuine site, and yourself

All the best

1 user thanked author for this post.
      DamsBALL
      Participant
        @damsball

excellent table

now, waiting for MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE table ;-) !

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I should have a huge updated build by weeks end to jaws :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

vogliadicane
          Participant
            @vogliadicane

Cool, it’s in a really good shape already, I like it a lot. :good:

Yes I had some bugs, but I think most were mentioned already.

What I’d like to point to is (and now I sound like a broken record, because I always write that in original table’s threads).  Some of us have a seperate output for mech sounds (within the cab) and sound FX and music for the backglass. In your version they are all rooted to the primary mech outout, means come out of the deepest deeps of the cab.

If you could change that for the next version, that would be great!
            I changed that already in my version, so if you want a list…

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

I can happily say that I finally finished a complete DOF overhaul to the table! (SSF is not done yet however!)

Even with using my original DOFLinx code as a reference, it was still a crazy amount of work. I could have simply just made flashers on the cab match the flashers on the table and be done…but we all know that’s not how I do things. :)

So the table has full solenoids, shaker, gear, fan, beacon, strobe, RGB undercab….and of course a new TerryRed addressable leds treatment (that the FP table doesn’t have yet).

So when the new updated table is eventually available…enjoy the splash of blood red leds as the shark chomps down on your locked ball…see the animated water effects for orbital lighting… feel the shaker when you hit the shark in the face or rock the Orca back and forth. Hear the gear motor move with the shark’s mouth movement.

…and most of all, lighting that matches.. “DUN DUN!”

Original tables like this in VP and FP allow for cool DOF effects you don’t typically see on a rom based table. I love it!

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

Thanks Terry, you are definitely motivating me to purchase and install the addressable LED stuff.  I’m even thinking of installing a blower at some point.  When does it ever end? LOL  Well, the reality is I hope it doesn’t end, this hobby has grown so much both via simulator upgrades but also because of awesome releases by contributors such as yourself, Randr and all the table devs.  Many thanks to you and to all!

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

This is going to be a fun table with the great work that Randr and his team are doing and then you (TerryRed) added the lighting effects, Will make this a great game..
                  Did you also add a solenoid code for DOF that puts the ball in to the ball Lane?

TerryRed
                    @terryred

This is going to be a fun table with the great work that Randr and his team are doing and then you (TerryRed) added the lighting effects, Will make this a great game..

Did you also add a solenoid code for DOF that puts the ball in to the ball Lane?

Full solenoid feedback..so yes when a ball goes into the plunger lane, it triggers a solenoid. I do solenoids for flippers, bumpers, (shark) drop targets, slings, kickers, vuks, kickback, etc.

This is an original table so there is no DOF for anything unless you add it. Simple DOF commands for solenoids until a proper SSF treatment is given (which would combine both solenoid and SSF event in one command).

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Table updated :good:

Not sure when I will get to the final fixes but this should be much improved from previous beta see change log for fixes.

for IOS and Android

6 users thanked author for this post.
                      TerryRed
                        @terryred

Table updated :good:

Not sure when I will get to the final fixes but this should be much improved from previous beta see change log for fixes.

Don’t forget to update your DOF Config Tool config files everyone!

Full DOF now available for this table!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        giovanni1966
                        Participant
                          @giovanni1966

Very nice table. Sadly I got an error in line 1776 = “Klasse unterstützt keine Automatisierung ‘DisplayScoreboard’ while shooting right loop and the Brucehead

VPX.5 3490 + UltraDMD 1.4 from the post of “outhere”

giovanni1966
                          Participant
                            @giovanni1966

V

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

You have to change your locale … read the thread. That is the whole point of having the support thread in the first place.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/jaws-future-pinball-to-visual-pinball-buildbeta/page/2/#post-99231

giovanni1966
                              Participant
                                @giovanni1966

I have changed the locale to US. No script error anymore, Thx. Now I have issues with none working flippers after multiball.

And now I have seen the first post with known issues :whistle:

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

That sounds very weird. Are you sure that you didn’t tilt the table ? That is the only thing I can imagine has happened.

giovanni1966
                                  Participant
                                    @giovanni1966

Nope. The Loafer has same issues:

For sure there are a few other issues. For example tonight I think I got two multiballs going at the same time and when a couple drained, I ended up having dead flippers and even when those other balls drained, the flippers never came back.

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

Nope. The Loafer has same issues:

For sure there are a few other issues. For example tonight I think I got two multiballs going at the same time and when a couple drained, I ended up having dead flippers and even when those other balls drained, the flippers never came back.

Yes, I got this… once. So there might still be a bug, but I’ve not seen that bug since then, maybe I didn’t get two multiballs going though :).

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Oh I’m sure there is a bug or two left this release is still a beta for that reason . Thanks for reporting the issue :good:

********************************************************
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

What I’ve seen is that if you play several mb in a row, there is still a chance that it will end the ball while you believe you’re still playing mb. I used to be able to reproduce this via barrel roll mb, and I managed to do it once yesterday too ( not via barrel roll this time). But, now I can’t reproduce it on demand. So, the table is definitely going in the right direction.

Ah yes. Forgot to tell you Terry. Very nice DOF – I especially liked it when the barrel roll drop targets came up. First time it happened I actually got a slight scare – wondering wtf was going on. :good:

senseless
                                          Participant
                                            @senseless

Thanks for the new beta update :). The DOF adds a lot of dimension (thanks Terry). Played several games and all seems to be working fine. The lighting effect are great randr!

Twice the ball had some strange spin effect and landed on top of the slingshot and stayed there until I nudged it out of there :). I think am officially becoming a pinball wizard :). Back to testing this awesome FP conversion.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 218 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?