Jaws! (Future Pinball to Visual Pinball Build)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

On top of sling? Or in sling?

Willadd that to my list  :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

kds70
      Participant
        @kds70

I can happily say that I finally finished a complete DOF overhaul to the table! (SSF is not done yet however!)

@TerryRed
        : Thanks that you´ve DOF´ed this nice table. There are missing bumper entrys for “8 toys” users.

I´ve added them manually.

Table plays fine; know that this is beta. Remember that there is a “RollingTimer” missing in the table. Added it to use the ball rolling sounds.

Is there really no other way as changing the “locale” to prevent getting this error line 1776 = “Klasse unterstützt keine Automatisierung ‘DisplayScoreboard’ ?

Greedings, Kai

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Attachments:
        Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

For the moment I don’t think there is. I’ve talked a bit with the author, he is now aware. Will be busy the next few weeks. But wasn’t unwilling to look for a bug. So, we can hope there will be a fix one day.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

I can happily say that I finally finished a complete DOF overhaul to the table! (SSF is not done yet however!)

@terryred: Thanks that you´ve DOF´ed this nice table. There are missing bumper entrys for “8 toys” users.

I´ve added them manually.

Table plays fine; know that this is beta. Remember that there is a “RollingTimer” missing in the table. Added it to use the ball rolling sounds.

Is there really no other way as changing the “locale” to prevent getting this error line 1776 = “Klasse unterstützt keine Automatisierung ‘DisplayScoreboard’ ?

Greedings, Kai

Thanks for reminding me.

I submitted the update for DOF for 3 RGB Flashers, 8 Bumpers, RGB Flippers, RGB Magna Saves,  PBX MX Effects,  ZB Launch.

kds70
            Participant
              @kds70

For the moment I don’t think there is. I’ve talked a bit with the author, he is now aware. Will be busy the next few weeks. But wasn’t unwilling to look for a bug. So, we can hope there will be a fix one day.

@Thalamus
              :

I think (not sure) i found a solution for players who hat only three numbers in the score panel and chrashes like this 1776 = “Klasse unterstützt keine Automatisierung ‘DisplayScoreboard’ without changing the locale … !!!

Found out that the score is formated to “three rows” only in the script (see picture). changed all entrys in this section from 3 to 7 and the table works (score has 7 rows now; and no crashes since i´ve done this).

:mail: back on cab

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

3 users thanked author for this post.
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Great info! Will add this into the next release.

thank you :good:

for IOS and Android

kds70
                Participant
                  @kds70

small update:

since my changes above i had no crashes anymore and very high scores: so 7 display characters are not enough.

solution: change from 7 to 8 or 9 …

or the easiest way will be (you don´t need the changes above) to remove the score formating completely:

change line 1733 from

displayscore = formatscore(nvScore(CurrentPlayer))

to

displayscore = (nvScore(CurrentPlayer))

and ALL WORKS : SCORING display all digits and NO table CRASHES and this without changing locale.

5 users thanked author for this post.
                  randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

The Score subs are straight from the FP script so this is great info for future FP to VP conversions. Thank you for fixing the locale issue for people having the problems! I never would have thought that was the problem.

for IOS and Android

tedbell
                    Participant
                      @tedbell

Wow! Awesome!

kds70
                      Participant
                        @kds70

Sometimes – like described – the flipper bats went dead “ingame”. i think – not sure – there are pieces from the future pinball “entering highscore” section in the script. if the table counts wrong remaining balls ingame (multiball) and thinks the game must be ended it´s going to this section to enter the “highscore” and disables flipper bats – because of wrong counting there were balls remaining.

just my thoughts; i´ ll try to take a look soon at this :mail:

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

Community assistance to make a table release even better, well done all

vogliadicane
                          Participant
                            @vogliadicane

not sure, if you read my post above…

Anyways, I attached my list of outputs I changed. Works fine.

One more question: For the final version will there be solenoid or lamp calls, that can be used for a B2s? I’d really love to make a fully animated dB2s for that table! :yes:

Attachments:
                            Batsugame
                            Participant
                              @batsugame

Sometimes – like described – the flipper bats went dead “ingame”. i think – not sure – there are pieces from the future pinball “entering highscore” section in the script. if the table counts wrong remaining balls ingame (multiball) and thinks the game must be ended it´s going to this section to enter the “highscore” and disables flipper bats – because of wrong counting there were balls remaining.

I agree this seems like a likely culprit. I had the flipper freeze last night during a game after a repeat multiball, specifically when a ball drained. I thought it had ended my game early and then realized it had just disabled flips. Wish I could offer more than just my experience, but maybe the specific input will help you troubleshoot.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

not sure, if you read my post above…

Anyways, I attached my list of outputs I changed. Works fine.

One more question: For the final version will there be solenoid or lamp calls, that can be used for a B2s? I’d really love to make a fully animated dB2s for that table! :yes:

For a B2S Backglass, just use what I’ve used for the solenoids, flashers, beacon, and strobe in the DOF Config Tool, or table script. In the table script, they all currently just use:

DOF xxx, DOFxxx  ‘DOF – Blah Blah

So if you see:

DOF 256, DOFPulse     ‘DOF – Right Red Flasher

Then you would use E256 in your B2S Backglass if you wanted to have something activated by the Right Red Flasher.

If you want a list of “most” of the DOF triggers I used for flashers or lights, etc with MX Leds…. here’s pics of all the triggers I used for that that you can use for a B2S or even a PuP-Pack.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

That stuff should go into a wiki page Terry.

Capp
                                  Participant
                                    @capp

Is there a line in the script that i have to change for DOF to work?   as I updated my config and its not working?

cheers

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Is there a line in the script that i have to change for DOF to work? as I updated my config and its not working?

cheers

Nothing required, except for having VPX, PinMAME, DOF R3++ up to date, and your DOF Config Tool files updated.

DuMichAuch
                                      Participant
                                        @dumichauch

The problem is. You need to change your computers “locale” from in my case “Norwegian” to I guess any English one. Now the game don’t crash. I have some experience with this problem from wrd1972 beta testing and Star wars De. I could then solve it by adding “setlocale (1033)” into the table script. But, this is UltraDMD so I have no idea how to fix it except changing the locale.

Thank you, Thalamus. That solved my Problem too.

But for me this is the first Table with that UltraDMD Issue. Never got this on any other Table using UltraDMD…

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

This is my first table where I could not get around the problem myself. It seems that @kds70 have found a even better solution to the problem, so on the next release I’m confident that we don’t have to change the locale anymore. ( or you could of course just do what kds70 suggests right now ) I’m happy that this crashed the table in the first place. Because now I know a bit more about why I had problems with Kiss Legacy and the Ninuzzu&TT version of Champions League.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

This is my first table where I could not get around the problem myself. It seems that @kds70 have found a even better solution to the problem, so on the next release I’m confident that we don’t have to change the locale anymore. ( or you could of course just do what kds70 suggests right now ) I’m happy that this crashed the table in the first place. Because now I know a bit more about why I had problems with Kiss Legacy and the Ninuzzu&TT version of Champions League.

Could you tell me if the table is setup for SSF correctly? If not, could you let me know what it else it needs. I can “try” to update for SSF when time permits, but I have never “started” SSF on a table. (I only updated STSE for SSF after Rob started it).

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 218 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?