Jaws! (Future Pinball to Visual Pinball Build)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Batsugame
    Participant
      @batsugame

Ball went flying and stuck under the ramp a second time, and now one stuck somewhere under the central plastics. Wouldn’t be a big deal if I could figure out how to add a ball; I guess B has to have extra scripting to work? Again, it took hours of playing for me to have any hangs, so this is so good.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I will add more walls to the plastics. should fix problem

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Scooby
        Participant
          @scooby

Fun table and I remember playing it when I had FP on my cab. I have just updated my DOF config and see Terry added support for this table. However I can’t get DOF working for this table. All other tables have DOF working on my cab.

Is there anything different I need to do for this table as it relates to DOF? Thanks.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Table is no different for dof as long as you installed the new configs you pulled from config site. Make sure you have latest jaws beta table also

for IOS and Android

grendelrt
            Participant
              @grendelrt

Need a little help. This is my first ultradmd table. I got everything installed, and UltraDMD loads and I moved the DMD to the backglass and everything works but I can’t seem to get it to send out to my pindmdv3. I set the COM port to COM5 in the ini. I noticed the pindmd.dll is from 2016, does this need to be updated? Not a big deal since I can still play with the DMD on the backglass but would prefer to use my actual DMD.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Look through this thread others had same issue with that hardware but I think they found a solution a few pages back for ultradmd and pindmd3… just a setting I think

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

@grendert : Take your dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini file and put them both into the xdmd folder.

( copy them )

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  grendelrt
                  Participant
                    @grendelrt

Look through this thread others had same issue with that hardware but I think they found a solution a few pages back for ultradmd and pindmd3… just a setting I think

Thanks Randr, I used the files linked in the thread and I am in the USA so I think my locale is already English. Also I saw someone posted about the ball getting stuck on the left slingshot and you asked where, here is a pic, happened to me a couple times.

20181011_153433

@grendert : Take your dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini file and put them both into the xdmd folder.

( copy them )

Thanks Thalamus, I tried that, still only on the backglass. BUT if i launch UltraDMD without the table when i right click on it it pops up on the DMD. But it wont do that when Jaws is loaded. Here is what my folder looks like currently.

Capture

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

Hmm. I don’t have any pindmd.dll or pindmd.ini in that folder anymore.

You could just … try to … rename your xdmd folder to xdmd.old – then use the files I have in this archive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q46nj5ymrxarc2g/Thal_pindmd3_July_2018.zip?dl=0

Please note. My pindmd used COM3 – you have to change that if yours is on another port.

You should know that Freezy released 1.7.2 and I believe that dmddevice.dll in this archive is 1.7.1 or older. It is a good idea to replace it for 1.7.2 if this works. ( only dmddevice.dll from latest dmdext )

grendelrt
                      Participant
                        @grendelrt

Hmm. I don’t have any pindmd.dll or pindmd.ini in that folder anymore.

You could just … try to … rename your xdmd folder to xdmd.old – then use the files I have in this archive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q46nj5ymrxarc2g/Thal_pindmd3_July_2018.zip?dl=0

Please note. My pindmd used COM3 – you have to change that if yours is on another port.

You should know that Freezy released 1.7.2 and I believe that dmddevice.dll in this archive is 1.7.1 or older. It is a good idea to replace it for 1.7.2 if this works. ( only dmddevice.dll from latest dmdext )

Thanks Thalamus, I tried removing pindmd from mine and also trying your folder and both have the same effect. I get an error when VPX starts the script.

Capture

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Thanks Randr, I used the files linked in the thread and I am in the USA so I think my locale is already English. Also I saw someone posted about the ball getting stuck on the left slingshot and you asked where, here is a pic, happened to me a couple times.

20181011_153433

( copy them )

Thanks Thalamus, I tried that, still only on the backglass. BUT if i launch UltraDMD without the table when i right click on it it pops up on the DMD. But it wont do that when Jaws is loaded. Here is what my folder looks like currently.

Capture

That ball stuck? or does a nudge release it? It looks like it’s sitting on the rubber  on slingshot and would release with a shake… that’s never happened to me thank you for picture.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

grendelrt
                          Participant
                            @grendelrt

That ball stuck? or does a nudge release it? It looks like it’s sitting on the rubber on slingshot and would release with a shake… that’s never happened to me thank you for picture.

Yeah you can release with a good nudge. It looks like it sticks to something, I have seen the balls spin a bit while being stuck in that position. Not a big deal since a nudge releases, just a little weird hehe.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

About the slingshot. I was about to come back here to tell Randr what he needs to do as a PM. There is a lot of tables that has this problem and it is related to slow balls over rubber. BorgDog wrote about it a long time ago and I made a wiki page about it. It might be that this has changed a bit since then, because of rubber fixes. But, it is still a problem with very slow rolling balls over rubber. That I can assure you guys.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/rubber-height-and-slings/

The fix is. Don’t use collidable rubbers with a hit height above 27 is my recommendation. 25 to 27 depending about how much of a bounce you want from them. I normally set them to 27 myself.

Had a ball hit the jaw of the shark just recently. Jumped over here.

20181011_235200

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

@grenderlt : Didn’t see your reply before now. Ok. So. Open a CMD as administator. Go to your xdmd folder then run

ultradmd.exe /i

and cross your fingers that it will work.

grendelrt
                                Participant
                                  @grendelrt

@grenderlt : Didn’t see your reply before now. Ok. So. Open a CMD as administator. Go to your xdmd folder then run

ultradmd.exe /i

and cross your fingers that it will work.

No dice. As soon as i remove pindmd.dll it fails. Tried it with and without after registering and it no display on the DMD. Giving up for tonight lol Try again later =) Thanks for the help

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Ok. Odd, but that is VP for you. Sometime it can be a pain to get everything working perfectly. I should add though. That I have everything working … PBX, with videos playing in the DMD if requested via xml, all UltraDMD tables now work flawlessly and of course colored roms. The only issue that I find is “outstanding” is that there is a very slight delay for colored *.vni files that makes me not being able to beat the saucer attack on AFM with colors on. That is reported to freezy and I hope that one sunny day it will be resolved too.

I believe that your problem might be that pindmd.* exists in vpiname or somewhere else as well. Rename it to pindmd.off or something everywhere else and see if that doesn’t make it work. Pindmd.dll is old and outdated.

vogliadicane
                                    Participant
                                      @vogliadicane

@randr thanks, that you rooted the audio as I suggested. Pretty sure the few like me appreciate it.

for the backglass I wanted to make: it all worked as Terry described, cool thanks a lot Terry.

After all I have given up.

I was ambicious, I had really cool graphics, a preliminary version worked. Had ideas for the attract mode and what ever. In short: I tried a lot.

But after all,I am sick of reverse engeneering, what happens, if you first import this or that snippit or whatever (keyword: z-order). I am sick of it. Period.

Al I want to say, it is cool what you do here, I love it and I wish, I could contribute more.

stevegooner123
                                      Participant
                                        @stevegooner123

Plays great in Desktop, butI get this error when I exit the game:-

script error,line:5567  Object required:”controller”

and controller.stop is highlighted in the script

any help would be much appreciated

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Do you have b2s enabled in editor?

for IOS and Android

DaveyBoy
                                          Participant
                                            @foneservice

Fab work mate, I loved this table on FP :yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 218 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?