Jaws! (Future Pinball to Visual Pinball Build)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

For the Jaws PuP-Pack, this is probably what I’m going with. The center will have videos…and the bottom is for Text, or DMD for those who need their DMD on the backglass. Tarcisio Caleiro allowed me to use his excellent FX3 animated video for the Background video. This may not be absolutely final…but its probably close. Now with the frame done…the videos can follow. This will be a fairly simple pack compared to my others, as the table is pretty simple.

Attachments:
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I like that you got the graffiti on billboard. I was going to add that in regular table but wasn’t sure when to add it.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
          @terryred

I like that you got the graffiti on billboard. I was going to add that in regular table but wasn’t sure when to add it.

Yah, SLAM’s not yet released newer FP version has that added in as an event. I prefer this pic as it adds a little more fun to the table.

grendelrt
          Participant
            @grendelrt

Ok. Odd, but that is VP for you. Sometime it can be a pain to get everything working perfectly. I should add though. That I have everything working … PBX, with videos playing in the DMD if requested via xml, all UltraDMD tables now work flawlessly and of course colored roms. The only issue that I find is “outstanding” is that there is a very slight delay for colored *.vni files that makes me not being able to beat the saucer attack on AFM with colors on. That is reported to freezy and I hope that one sunny day it will be resolved too.

I believe that your problem might be that pindmd.* exists in vpiname or somewhere else as well. Rename it to pindmd.off or something everywhere else and see if that doesn’t make it work. Pindmd.dll is old and outdated.

So I found the below post on vpin forums and followed these steps and now the DMD works. Its funny because I had done all these things individually at some point while trying to figure out the issue. Deleting everything and following them in this order worked for me :O

1) Make a copy of the XDMD folder so you have “XDMD – Copy” for a backup.

2) In the XDMD folder sort by filetype and deleted all DLL files.

3) Copy all files from the XDMD.zip file provided by Thalamus.

4) Edit the dmddevice.ini and pinDMD.ini files to fix the COM port only if yours is not COM3.  Mine was COM4.

5) Windows 10 users:  Make sure all files are unblocked.  Here’s my method:

a) Hold down shift and right-click in an open area in explorer.

b) Select “Open PowerShell window here”

c) type this command and hit enter:  gci “C:\Visual Pinball\XDMD” |Unblock-File

d) Adjust that path if needed but that will unblock all files in that folder.  I use this alot but keep in mind it doesn’t recurse subfolders

vogliadicane
            Participant
              @vogliadicane

ok of course I did continue on the backglass  ;-) though I was really pissed the night I wrote my last post. As much as I can say now, I got something quite ok, but full of compromises, which only allow 50% of what I wanted. Better than 0 so I’ll continue.

@Terry
              I succeeded in many things, but I got stuck at some point.

1. DOFOn and DOFOff switches I can use like classic MAME controlled lights, at least it works for me for flipper buttons and some other ones. What I can’t get to work right is the command for attract mode on and off (E306). Although the code in the table looks similar to flipper up or down I cannot get it to work in a dB2S. No matter, if triggering an animation or a light I get some net framework error (translated like “unexpected exception”). So my question: is there something special about the attract mode DOF switch?

2. DOFPulse: I assume this is a short on/off trigger. So, I have to connect those to an animation to take visible effect?

Btw.: looking into a dB2s made from the designer (WordPad), I see all those values about z-order are correctly put into the backglass (xml-like). So I think the culprit is more the dB2s server by not interpreting those correctly… not the designer.

TerryRed
                @terryred

ok of course I did continue on the backglass ;-) though I was really pissed the night I wrote my last post. As much as I can say now, I got something quite ok, but full of compromises, which only allow 50% of what I wanted. Better than 0 so I’ll continue.

@Terry
                I succeeded in many things, but I got stuck at some point.

1. DOFOn and DOFOff switches I can use like classic MAME controlled lights, at least it works for me for flipper buttons and some other ones. What I can’t get to work right is the command for attract mode on and off (E306). Although the code in the table looks similar to flipper up or down I cannot get it to work in a dB2S. No matter, if triggering an animation or a light I get some net framework error (translated like “unexpected exception”). So my question: is there something special about the attract mode DOF switch?

2. DOFPulse: I assume this is a short on/off trigger. So, I have to connect those to an animation to take visible effect?

Btw.: looking into a dB2s made from the designer (WordPad), I see all those values about z-order are correctly put into the backglass (xml-like). So I think the culprit is more the dB2s server by not interpreting those correctly… not the designer.

I can’t help much with directb2s files, or the designer as I haven’t really made anything with it. I just tinkered with it.

DOF has only 3 states as far as the table can see:

ON, OFF, Pulse.

For DOF this is only “half” of the operation. The other half is in DOF Config Tool, where all the actual commands and parameters are defined for the trigger. So the table says “Hey DOF, turn E123 trigger ON”. Whatever is defined in DOF Config Tool for that table with E123 will be activated and stay ON. Some effects can be ongoing, or a one time event…even though the “trigger” is left ON.

ON will keep the state of the DOF trigger left ON.

OFF will keep the state of the DOF trigger left OFF.

PULSE is a “one-shot”. This means that the table tells DOF to activate E123 for a short duration burst.

The errors you are getting…I have no clue about sorry.

TerryRed
                  @terryred

For B2s Backglass, it would be no different.

ON, OFF, Pulse.

You just choose what you want to have ON, or OFF, or Pulsed for a short duration.

Batsugame
                  Participant
                    @batsugame

ok of course I did continue on the backglass  though I was really pissed the night I wrote my last post. As much as I can say now, I got something quite ok, but full of compromises, which only allow 50% of what I wanted. Better than 0 so I’ll continue.

Good to see you’re making progress with this!  I really wanted to do more but just haven’t had the spare time to study it (I haven’t even been able to keep up with my Inktober pledge to myself). I can’t wait to see how it looks!

TerryRed
                      @terryred

I didn’t really like the wheels in the top corners, so I removed them, and also moved the life savers out a little, while adding boat planks of wood. I think this looks better. I also add a 60 fps underlay video of underwater for the frame sides that can be changed for modes or events possibly. Still not sure if final…and still not sure if bottom corners will have videos or change at all.

Attachments:
                      KiwiBri
                      Participant
                        @kiwibri

Terry, that looks really good!

TerryRed
                          @terryred

So this is my final look for my Jaws PuP-Pack. I MUST have everything locked down as final before I can make the rest of the pack because of the drop shadows and also the effects I do. This video shows the default look, but at half way you will see the DRAIN effect I’m playing with. Just wait for it. This Pack is using a video underlay layer at 60fps for the water, main video layer in the middle, overlay still image for the frame, and the bottom middle video layer changes for Text and modes, or can be used for UltraDMD for those who need to. I also have an Overlay Video layer for the Drain effect…maybe others…not sure yet.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                          The Loafer
                          Participant
                            @theloafer

I love it Terry!!

outhere
                              @outhere
                              MemberContributorvipModerator

Is there something in a script that’s causing the back glass to be small…

With the 1st release 09 The back glass is normal (Full screen) But the last 2 releases the back glass is small..

I use the same back glass for each release

Torre
                              Participant
                                @torre

This is a really nice looking table and I love playing but there is an issue I have experienced several times.

When the ball goes up the ramp and hits the shark, it gets stuck behind one of the chutes (see photo).

Thanks

Mark

Attachments:
                                randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

I will fix that soon in next version

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

sachsenpaule
                                  Participant
                                    @guntersachsen

Wonderful table, thank you and Terry for his upcoming PuP Pack

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Well i spent 2 nights on it but i think i figured out a save high score script that will work for jaws, heman and three angels.

I will start with Jaws as its long overdo for physics changes and a few bugs fixes where ball gets stuck so look for the update tomorrow sometime. To late for me to finish it tonight but its good news!

for IOS and Android

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                      kds70
                                      Participant
                                        @kds70

Well i spent 2 nights on it but i think i figured out a save high score script that will work for jaws, heman and three angels. I will start with Jaws as its long overdo for physics changes and a few bugs fixes where ball gets stuck so look for the update tomorrow sometime. To late for me to finish it tonight but its good news!

Thanks @randr :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

Well i spent 2 nights on it but i think i figured out a save high score script that will work for jaws, heman and three angels.

I will start with Jaws as its long overdo for physics changes and a few bugs fixes where ball gets stuck so look for the update tomorrow sometime. To late for me to finish it tonight but its good news!

Massive thanks for all the effort you put into this conversions!
                                          It is appreciated

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Updated to 1.0!

Spent 3 days working on highscore save and 2nd player option. Read change log for all changes and details on 2nd player.

Please report back if the high score is working for you so i can add it to Heman and 3 Angels

for IOS and Android

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 218 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?