This topic contains 194 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  Teahaus 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 195 total)
  • Author
     kds70 
    Participant

Thaaaaaaaank you for this beauty table / update. Made some fast games and it seems to work correctly / entering highscores is possible.

More testing tomorrow :rose:

Greedings, Kai

1 user thanked author for this post.
     freelunch 
    Participant

high score functions are working for me, thanks @randr

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Bob Albright 
    Participant

now that it has high score,I will play this table. Thank you. Good table I might add. Wasn’t expecting much since it was a FP table—-pleasantly surprised!

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

now that it has high score,I will play this table. Thank you. Good table I might add. Wasn’t expecting much since it was a FP table—-pleasantly surprised!

…and you are sadly not alone with that mindset. (not me though, lol) There are MANY FP tables that are amazing…most of them being Original tables. For these original tables…the biggest complaint is mainly the physics from FP for “most” people (some just want to hate FP no matter what).

kds70 
    Participant

Issue here while entering highscore with a pin2dmd – you are unable to see the letters you want to enter; display is getting black. Maybe the same highscore entering failure as in the MotU table …

My first testings – as i wrote above – were at another system without pin2dmd (dmd via dmddevice.dll freezys on a lcd) and this was possible to enter / see letters which i enter to highscore.

I remember this kind of “display getting black” from another ultra dmd table. Maybe this happens when a short time this display is getting no “informations” or something else; don´t know this exactly.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

D06CA754-2EAE-45FD-9E8D-9506C3B9A738

Works fine here. Will need more people to report results I guess but is perfect on my cab with real vishay dmd

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

robertms 
    Participant

D06CA754-2EAE-45FD-9E8D-9506C3B9A738

Works fine here. Will need more people to report results I guess but is perfect on my cab with real vishay dmd

Works perfect on my cab with real DMD as well.

The Loafer 
    Participant

Same here:  Pindmd2 with real DMD (Vishay).  I suspect there are some conflicting dll perhaps in the pc’s of those having issues?

Alternatively, maybe it’s a hardware DMD thing?  I noticed at every letter navigation, the DMD “blinks” super quick, maybe there’s a voltage issue and the non Vishay (if that is the case) are not producing enough power for some reason (really reaching here! LOL).  With the Vishay, I have a real pinball power supply running it.  With the other DMD’s used, it was what, 12 volts or something like that?

Can people with the problems list the DMD’s they are using and how they are powering them?  If anyone with issues has a Vishay / real pinball power supply, then maybe it’s the dll thingy

freelunch 
    Participant

…and you are sadly not alone with that mindset. (not me though, lol) There are MANY FP tables that are amazing…most of them being Original tables. For these original tables…the biggest complaint is mainly the physics from FP for “most” people (some just want to hate FP no matter what).

A lot of love has gone into many Future Pinball originals. I’ve become too spoiled with VP10 and don’t enjoy FP physics as much as I used to, but I’m quite happy @randr is porting these old gems over.

kds70 
    Participant

i´ll try it with another dmddevice.dll later (luckys). i don´t think it´s a “power thing”.

have a nice day all :bye:

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  kds70.
     affie42 
    Participant

Thanks for your great table!

with regard to the music files: since they all have to go into a shared folder (“music”) it would help if all of the MP3 files would have a common prefix (e.g. “jaws_”). this way they can always be identified to belong to this table and cannot collide (or get overwritten) by other MP3 files also not bearing a game name/prefix.

Thanks!

vogliadicane 
    Participant

^^very good idea… or a seperate folder. Ganja did that for his time fantasy. Very handy.

freelunch 
    Participant

Ya I’ve been waiting for a new table to use the same music file name as someone else because the author didn’t have someone else’s table and didn’t know the file name was taken. It hasn’t been a problem for me yet since there are only a few VP tables with music files (not including music embedded in ROMs). If I remember correctly, stored high scores from non-ROM tables can also potentially have this filename overlap problem.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

1.0a uploaded to fix high score saving for people with pin2dmd or pindmd3 hardware.

HUGE thank you to member Kds70 for testing on his hardware!

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Meek424424 
    Participant

Love this one! It looks amazing, plays great, and is so much fun! Thanks for all you do for this community!!!

boslaw 
    Participant

I have a weird problem with this table. Haven’t seen it mentioned in the thread. When I load the table, I can’t get the plunger to work. I’m using a zebs plunger v1, VPX 10.6 beta. I have no problems with my plunger on any other table. The plunger in jaws pulls back very slightly but not nearly enough to strike the ball. Any ideas on how I can fix or what could be causing this problem?

Thanks

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Not sure why thats happening. i assume it launches the ball with launch button?

Double check plunger settings while in editor and make sure Enabled Mechanical Plunger is checked when you select the plunger object. Also you maybe need to slightly move plunger object a tiny bit up or down?

boslaw 
    Participant

Thanks RandR. Unfortunately, the ball can’t launch with my launch button either. It just sits there about 1/2″ out of reach of the top of the plunger. I tried adjusting plunger strength but that didn’t solve it. Could it have anything to do with my adjustment of inclination, FOV, etc?

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. It can. Download the table again. Try it without changing anything first. Then adjust and DON’T touch the z-scale !

Did you know that there is mobile phone app that helps to keep track of site activity ?
    IOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vpinball-mobile-app/id1446518720?mt=8
    Android :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vpinball.app&hl=en_US

boslaw 
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll give that a try!

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account