Jaws Ultimate Pro – PinEvent

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    coreduo0099
    Participant
      @coreduo0099

You can check this solution out and see if it helps. It involves the DOF com object and the registry: http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=dof_registry&s%5B%5D=dof

Thanks tried everything in the post and @nailbuster page but still no luck.

Then I figured I’d try PinUPmenu even though my big library is in PinballX.  I get DOF and MX in pinup menu, can launch the tables, they run the PUP and DMD, but no DOF and MX.  so no luck via BAM directly or via either launcher.

Any other ideas?

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

You can check this solution out and see if it helps. It involves the DOF com object and the registry: http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=dof_registry&s%5B%5D=dof

Thanks tried everything in the post and @nailbuster page but still no luck.

Then I figured I’d try PinUPmenu even though my big library is in PinballX. I get DOF and MX in pinup menu, can launch the tables, they run the PUP and DMD, but no DOF and MX. so no luck via BAM directly or via either launcher.

Any other ideas?

Wish I did… but it comes down to something on your system is preventing access to DOF specifically for PinEvent  / FP / BAM.

Something in there…. whether its a setting / admin issue on a specific FP exe, BAM EXE or a security setting in Windows somewhere…

…”something” is preventing specifically the DOF com object from being accessed.

coreduo0099
        Participant
          @coreduo0099

@terryred

Ok, just created a fresh install of FP+BAM and PE in a new directory and sure enough it works.  Now to figure out why my primary install does not work.. I’ll post once I can get to the bottom of it…

Thanks for the support

TerryRed
            @terryred

@terryred

Ok, just created a fresh install of FP+BAM and PE in a new directory and sure enough it works. Now to figure out why my primary install does not work.. I’ll post once I can get to the bottom of it…

Thanks for the support

Awesome!

I honestly never would have thought of that today… but years ago…when I struggled more with this stuff I would have done that.

coreduo0099
            Participant
              @coreduo0099

Ok, well now my old install is working…  AFTER I removed run as admin to the FPLoader.exe, which I had done before.

I think this is the short version of finding root cause…

After I tried disabling admin before on FPLoader.exe and it didn’t work, then I put it back on.

Then in all the other troubleshooting, I did find a few files that were one rev old with the DOF++ install that I missed early last year.  But those updates appeared to not make a difference.

Now that they were updated AND I disabled admin on FPLoader.exe this time around, it worked.

The alternate fresh directory/path by default did not have admin privileges on FPLoader.exe upon install, thus it worked the first time as the underlying software was at the latest revisions…

Whoo hoo. these tables are awesome.  :yahoo:

newtopinball78
              Participant
                @newtopinball78

Loving the jaws table Terry…just a question regarding using the pupinit.bat its working but does this cause a few second delay before the table can be played? Would the registry script mentioned above allow the table to play instantly? Just curious.

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Loving the jaws table Terry…just a question regarding using the pupinit.bat its working but does this cause a few second delay before the table can be played? Would the registry script mentioned above allow the table to play instantly? Just curious.

If you used the Basic Backglass options, then you probably don’t need the pupinit.bat at all, because the table and pupdmd will pop on top.

That said… if you are using the pupinit.bat…. yes the install mentions that you need to wait up to 5 secs, depending on what is set for delay time in the pupinit.bat.

This is because the pup-pack starts before the table usually does… s you need to wait until the table and backglass windows are completely loaded and visible… then the FP and PUP windows need to have their Z-Order arranged and set. If this is done too soon… then it won’t work.

kriven
                  Participant
                    @kriven

great job enjoy the table having a small issue using LCD DMD no issue since i tried pup with FP. i’ve dont size of DMD too large (my system is setup Following rules of nailbuster and size of Windows at 00%) but on JAW& Halloween the font is to wide and go outside screen .any tips?

thanks

YES I AM IN

TerryRed
                      @terryred

great job enjoy the table having a small issue using LCD DMD no issue since i tried pup with FP. i’ve dont size of DMD too large (my system is setup Following rules of nailbuster and size of Windows at 00%) but on JAW& Halloween the font is to wide and go outside screen .any tips?

thanks

If you are using Option 1 (DMD), then your Pup “DMD” Display default resolution MUST be  4:1 ratio. (it’s mentioned many times in the table install and PinEvent install).

It’s designed for that, as is the text for other VPX PUPDMD tables.

If you don’t do this, then your text scaling won’t fit correctly.

When someone has a problem with the text not fitting correctly on Pinevent tables…its due to their pup displays not setup correctly, or Windows Text scaling not being 100.

kriven
                      Participant
                        @kriven

thanks for the insight

but i’ve checked the screen are setup correctly in Windows with 100% for font size

also i selected the 4/1 DMD option 1 that reflect my current setup …i’ve still same issue ..i will try some other options

YES I AM IN

kriven
                        Participant
                          @kriven

i’ve learn again something today :) i was thinking i was on 4/1 but the reality is that i need to select 16/9 :)

thanks a lot

i’ve to found why on halloween now i didn’t have all video playing not like in JAW that is working well

YES I AM IN

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Here is a video of someone playing Jaws Ultimate Pro – PinEvent on their stunning cabinet.

TerryRed
                              @terryred

‘**** TerryRed PinEvent Mod V1.1 *****

‘ updated smoke’s ball rolling code to work with PUP_SSF. Disables RollingBallUpdateTimer when SSF is used

‘ integrated smoke’s ball rolling code, so there is no need for the ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs

‘ updated table to fix Topper Harpoon Videos not triggering and stopping correctly

‘ updated PuP-Pack to fix Topper Harpoon Videos not triggering correctly and stopping correctly

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Look at this excellent video by Rastan 350.

This shows off the Real DMD options very nicely combined with the Topper enabled… and he shows off many of the modes and gameplay. Worth watching guys, as it looks sweet on his cabinet!

hatred69
                                Participant
                                  @hatred69

Sir,

I have had a cab of my own for over five years now, i had visual pinball and fx2/fx3 on it, but until now I had resisted the swan song of future pinball.  Welp, your postings of these pupevent tables and all of the video work that you have done to explain its usage has indeed pushed me over the cliff and future pinball et al is now on my cab.    Besides saying a heart felt thank you thank you thank you for introducing me to the future pinball/BAM world, i gotta ask myself what was i think avoiding future pinball when there are so many great tables on that platform that i never knew about.

Thank you again, never think that all of your hard work goes unnoticed, myself and i am sure several people on this site know how much your work has improved our personal cabs at home.

YOU ROCK!!! :mail:

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Sir,

I have had a cab of my own for over five years now, i had visual pinball and fx2/fx3 on it, but until now I had resisted the swan song of future pinball. Welp, your postings of these pupevent tables and all of the video work that you have done to explain its usage has indeed pushed me over the cliff and future pinball et al is now on my cab. Besides saying a heart felt thank you thank you thank you for introducing me to the future pinball/BAM world, i gotta ask myself what was i think avoiding future pinball when there are so many great tables on that platform that i never knew about.

Thank you again, never think that all of your hard work goes unnoticed, myself and i am sure several people on this site know how much your work has improved our personal cabs at home.

YOU ROCK!!! :mail:

How can someone with a name like that give such a nice response… ;)

Thank you.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

New DOF ROM Name CHANGE for the current PinEvent tables!!!

For a day or two…there may not be DOF for these tables for anyone who updates their DOF from DOF Config Tool!

I’m in the process of finalizing the big PinEvent 1.4 update…and also updating all 3 current PinEvent tables and PuP-Packs.

NOTE: the table’s “rom” name will be changing for all 3 tables on DOF Config Tool. Arngrim changed them to the new name…but there is an issue with the new names that DOF doesn’t like…and Arngrim is sleeping right now so he can’t fix it :)

The changes will be in the cGamename in the PinEvent section to match what will be on DOF config Tool.

cGamename = “FP_JAWS_ULT_PRO” ‘name of this table’s DOF Config as listed on the “DOF Config Tool” web site

cGamename = “FP_HALLOWEEN_ULT_PRO”

cGamename = “FP_RETROFLAIR_BAM”

All those tables will all need to be changed to:

cGamename = “FP_PE_JAWS_ULT_PRO”

cGamename = “FP_PE_HALLOWEEN_ULT_PRO”

cGamename = “FP_PE_RETROFLAIR_BAM”

…but don’t make any changes yet …or just wait for the new PinEvent 1.4 updates and the updates tables and pup-packs.

I just wanted everyone to know why their DOF may not be working for these tables right now.

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

PinEvent 1.4: PUP Stream update

Now Available!

For new installers or those updating… the process is the same!

Everything has been updated and needs to be installed and in this order:

– BAM latest version. Download and install it again even if you just updated, as the newer pup plug-in was just added to the current version!
                                        – DOF Config Tool config files (all PinEvent tables have new rom names)
                                        – Pinup Player 1.45
                                        – PinEvent 1.4 files
                                        – setup PinEvent_Setting.vbs
                                        – all 3 PinEvent tables and PuP-Packs are updated. DO NOT copy files into the old PuP-Pack folders! Remove the old tables and files. It’s all new!

BAM latest version:

You MUST install the latest update to BAM (1.5-290 when this was posted) for PinEvent based tables to work!

• even if you already have 1.5-290, download and install it again (from the latest “ZIP” update file, not the EXE installer)
                                        • a new updated PuP Plug-in was added to it (and is REQUIRED for PinEvent), so be sure you update using the zip file, not the exe installer

https://www.ravarcade.pl/download

DOF Config Tool configs:

Pinup Player 1.45:

• many of the new pup-pack options now use Alpha Overlays… so everyone MUST be updated to pup 1.45.

Install Pinup Player:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

…then update to Pinup Player 1.4.5 or higher (its REQUIRED for PinEvent PuP-Packs):

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

========================================

Once you have all the above done…

Then install the new PinEvent 1.4 files

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-pup-stream-for-future-pinball/

PLEEEEEEEEASE…. follow the PinEvent Install Guide same as before! There are big changes and new features!

Don’t assume it will just work the same, as you need to make your settings changes in PinEvent_Settings.vbs! Follow the updated install guide!

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/#post-171545

Updates and changes with PinEvent 1.4:

PUP Stream

• the new BAM PuP Plug-in allows you to stream any PUP window into Future Pinball as any texture anywhere in the table
                                        • this allows you to see the PuP-Pack and PUPDMD “in” Future Pinball itself
                                        • PinEvent PUP Stream options allow you to display ANY program’s window (not just PUP) on the Future Pinball Backbox, Backglass, FullDMD, Apron Cards, Desktop HUD, and on the playfield
                                        • works in ALL modes (Desktop, Cabinet, VR)
                                        • read more info in the PinEvent Guide

PuP Screen Changes

There are changes in regards to what pup screens are used. Please read and make the appropriate changes!

• “FullDMD / Apron” (Screen 5) is now used for FullDMD instead of the Music screen for size and position. Make sure you setup your “FullDMD / Apron” screen the same way you did the Music screen (on your cabinet’s middle screen,etc). Read the PinEvent guide for more info
                                        • “Game Select” (Screen 6) is now used for the new Backbox AIO option (square and 4×3 backbox users). Read the PinEvent guide for more info
                                        • “Game Select” (Screen 6) is now used for the new PUP Stream – Desktop PuP-Pack option. Read the PinEvent guide for more info

…. and some other updates for integrating smoke’s ball rolling code for FP Sounds into PinEvent.

New PuP-Pack options!

Backbox AIO: options for “square” and “4:3 and 5:4” Backbox monitor users. This uses the FullDMD and includes a complete ready to go speaker panel, with everything already setup for you. Just position and size the PuP “Game Select” display on your Backbox monitor! The PuP-Pack will use that for sizing and positioning everything for you!

PUP Stream – Desktop: this is used for single screen Desktop (or VR) users who use the new PUP Stream feature to stream the PuP Backglass and FullDMD into FP directly so they can see in in fullscreen on their desktop HUD, the table, the FP Backbox, the apron cards and the playfield! You will need to display the PuP-Pack on a dummy plug monitor or unused spare input of you monitor (connected to your video card). Then just “Quick Position” to size the PuP “Game Select” display on your dummy plug monitor! The PuP-Pack will use that for sizing and positioning everything for you!

Updated tables and PuP-Packs

• RetroFlair BAM, Halloween, and Jaws have new table updates and PuP-Pack updates
                                        • the old tables and pup-packs are NOT compatible with PinEvent 1.4!
                                        • remove the old PuP-Pack folders. Do not mix old files with new files!
                                        • note that I had to split 2 of the new pup-packs into multiple zip files…and then had to change the file extension so I could upload them to the site
                                        • just follow the directions on the install instructions for the table and pup-pack for how to rename the zip files so you can extract the pup-pack.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/future-pinball-pinevent-tables/

That should be enough to get you guys going! Just follow the instructions and you are good to go!

Enjoy the very cool PUP Stream update!

I need to sleep now.

Pinball Owner
                                        Participant
                                          @djcult

The Pup-Files Are Defekt can’t Extract…

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

The Pup-Files Are Defekt can’t Extract…

Read the install instructions for the table. You need to rename the files.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 83 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?